5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFC NimbleThumb

The guy was bought based on his potential. His potential has be stunted immediately by our fuking obscene way of blooding and loaning youth. We sign players with no plan whatsoever for their development. The fact we were stretching for a good loan for him says it all. Pellistri, VDB, full of potential- no plan. Tuanzebe in nearly 25 and we still don’t know what the fuk to do with him. Gave Williams a bumper contract and kept him on the bench for a season...no young player looking to develop should come anywhere near the club. Bellingham knee the craic and he wouldn’t be half as far along his development had he of joined Utd instead of Dortmund.
This./

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Is his talent really obvious though? Any time I’ve watched him I’ve never seen anything to suggest he will be a top player. Elanga looks to have more talent..
Careful....don't mention Elanga on this thread, some people can't wrap their heads around Elanga being more developed than Amad right now .....

Glorio

Is his talent really obvious though? Any time I’ve watched him I’ve never seen anything to suggest he will be a top player. Elanga looks to have more talent..
Apart from speed and physicality, in what element of the game is Elanga better?

U23s is a much lower level, but talent is talent and he basically toyed with them. Did you watch him play there? I watched most (if not all) of his games, and in terms of touch, dribbling, intelligence, weight of pass, balance, he'd definitely have the edge.

Glorio

Careful....don't mention Elanga on this thread, some people can't wrap their heads around Elanga being more developed than Amad right now .....
Of course Elanga is more physically developed and ready for men's football. That's clear to see. Can't fathom how his more talented though.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What's strange is that Dortmund predominately played him on the RW with the occasional switching to the left. But I suspect Ole wanted the 'wingers' and striker to be adaptable and switch constantly ala -- Rooney, Ronaldo & Tevez.
At Dortmund he was utilised in a way where it didn't really matter if he was on the left or the right because he received the ball in the half spaces and he had either the fullbacks, midfielders or the forwards in close proximity to link up with. At United he was being asked to receive the ball in the wide space under Solskjaer, and in that situation you have less options and are best utilised on the left as a inverted left forward to come in on your stronger foot. Dortmund's right winger was Hakimi and provided the width.

Everyone was saying at the time that we needed a RWF but we ended up signing a player who is said to prefer playing as the LWF and it was easy to see why. And I like Sancho, and have spoken about his potential when he was in the City youth team. And it's moves like these that have seen us spend ridiculous amounts of money on players who have been bought for roles that they either don't prefer playing in or aren't suited for in AWB and Maguire's case, where they're then being asked to perform roles, which they've never done before and aren't comfortable doing.

Mourinho signs Pogba and attempts to change him from the LCM we saw at Juventus to a deeper pivot player with even more defensive responsibility. He also signs two CBs and still wants a 3rd. You see where i'm going with this? Solskjaer then comes in and imbalances the team even further by stating he wants to press high and signs AWB and. Maguire who aren't suited to a high pressing team. He also goes ahead and signs Fernandes with Pogba also in his plans.

I can go further with LVG and Moyes but the point is that it's not signing players like Amad for 20m that has seen us waste vast sums in the market. But rather giving the manager too much control when it comes to recruitment and signing players who either aren't suited to the demands of the modern game or signing players from clubs without putting too much thought into how they should be best utilised.

Champ

Of course Elanga is more physically developed and ready for men's football. That's clear to see. Can't fathom how his more talented though.
Talent is subjective, but whilst ones starting for United and playing well, the other is a sub for Rangers, I'd say ones ahead of the other right now.

Glorio

Talent is subjective, but whilst ones starting for United and playing well, the other is a sub for Rangers, I'd say ones ahead of the other right now.
I made the same point about Elanga being ahead in his physical development. That's clear, he's definitely more ready for the men's game.

Amad has started what though? 3 in 5 games? Not a bad recent appearance record compared to Elanga's really. Nothing to turn one's nose up at.

Regarding talent, it's easy to say it's subjective, but the various elements of footballing ability can be measured. There are many aspects that make a good attacking player. Elanga looks way ahead on two key elements required for the mens game in pace and strength. In most, if not everything else I can think of though (which I've listed in a previous post), Amad definitely looks the more capable. Whether it translates is another matter entirely.

I like both players for the different things they bring to the table in all fairness.

Champ

I made the same point about Elanga being ahead in his physical development. That's clear, he's definitely more ready for the men's game.

Amad has started what though? 3 in 5 games? Not a bad recent appearance record compared to Elanga's really. Nothing to turn one's nose up at.

Regarding talent, it's easy to say it's subjective, but the various elements of footballing ability can be measured. There are many aspects that make a good attacking player. Elanga looks way ahead on two key elements required for the mens game in pace and strength. In most, if not everything else I can think of though (which I've listed in a previous post), Amad definitely looks the more capable. Whether it translates is another matter entirely.

I like both players for the different things they bring to the table in all fairness.
What is the bolded part based on? As realistically Elanga is playing at a higher level that Amad right now and not looking out of place. Elanga is no doubt ahead in terms of physical development, but I would say he is also a very intelligent player, pointless having power and pace without making intelligent runs, Elanga does.

Also workrate, from what I have seen of Amad, and potentially due to his physique right now, he seems to drift in and out of games and has fleeting moments, whereas Elanga seems to be alive throughout the period he is on the pitch.

I am with you, I like both players, I just see more in Elanga that translates better in terms of senior football, Amad maybe ready next season for United, but this season he is a long way off. Here's hoping he makes the step up next season.

Gandalf

You're ignoring the fact he plays in a position we could've used him in.

Also his talent is really obvious.

He's just been poorly managed.
I really cannot agree with that. He had limited experience on arrival and was quite rightly given the back end of last season mostly in the U23s with a few first team appearances mixed in which was appropriate for him to find his legs in English football and he looked good. The plan this summer was clear, a season long loan to a good team playing a high standard of football to get him the first team experience he needed and it was all lined up but then he got injured which has set him back. He proved his fitness in the U23s after recovering from his injury and has now joined a team challenging for a league title and playing at a decent level in Europe, where is the issue with how he is being handled? Some people just want to complain for the sake of it.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I hate the existence of the Elanga vs Amad debate. I wanted Elanga more involved ever since Leicester.

Yes, Amad was good in his cameos and for the U23s. Kid has a terrific left foot, acceleration and can find the net.

Elanga is clearly more ready than Amad, The latter is still very raw. I don't really know how to quantify talent levels, nor do I care about it.

I really cannot agree with that. He had limited experience on arrival and was quite rightly given the back end of last season mostly in the U23s with a few first team appearances mixed in which was appropriate for him to find his legs in English football and he looked good. The plan this summer was clear, a season long loan to a good team playing a high standard of football to get him the first team experience he needed and it was all lined up but then he got injured which has set him back. He proved his fitness in the U23s after recovering from his injury and has now joined a team challenging for a league title and playing at a decent level in Europe, where is the issue with how he is being handled? Some people just want to complain for the sake of it.
I've had this conversation before, but training on the pitch on the last day of the window when an agreement has been reached and the only thing missing is a signature is silly. It's not uncommon to skip training on the pitch in such a scenario.

He could certainly have been used more, even off the bench. But we chose to give his minutes to Mata or keep a lazy winger on the pitch for the full 90.

Mr PG

He's tiny but very technically gifted. If he grows he'll be. a baller but if he remains so small like Angel Gomez he'll end up mid-table.

Champ

Benched again.
Yup.
GVB seems to have found his lineup now and doesn't seem to want to deviate from it.
Although much if it could come from the rugged approach Dundee will no doubt take towards this game.

Rangers should really win this comfortably so hopefully he gets more than just a few minutes at the end.

macheda14

He's tiny but very technically gifted. If he grows he'll be. a baller but if he remains so small like Angel Gomez he'll end up mid-table.
He's the same height as David Silva, taller than Mata, taller than Messi, 1-2 cm's shorter than Salah and Grealish, taller than Foden...

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Think its been a ok loan tbh. He's started a few games and has been a option on the bench for a major club at a pretty decent standard.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Not really sure we ever seem to get a good loan for our players? Garner probably an exception?
Laird last few years, Garner, Chong until he got injured, mengi is playing, Williams at Norwich, levitt at Dundee, Bernard at Hull…with the exception of Pellistri this year has been very good. Amad’s level is very difficult to judge because on the ball he’s top quality, he’s far too good for U23 but it’s the intensity and off the ball he needs work on.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Fans also need to take into account regarding the playing level of the U23's and the levels below that.

Amad, and many others, are no longer going against inexperienced players in their own age bracket. He's now up against experienced, hardened pros and at far more competitive standard.

Always was going to be a new learning curve.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Think its been a ok loan tbh. He's started a few games and has been a option on the bench for a major club at a pretty decent standard.
I think he's started 2 games. And got subbed off in both. I don't mind the loan as it will show him he needs to get his head down and graft to get in the team but in terms of getting lots of minutes and playing every week, that bit is not going well.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Rangers took off 95 year old Arfield who’s playing in Diallo’s position and replaced him with Sakala.

laughtersassassin

The Rangers manager is taking the piss to be fair

Amad got man of the match last game he played. Sure it was against shite opposition.

Now he has subbed in Sakala who also played in that game yet Amad completely outperformed him.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
The Rangers manager is taking the piss to be fair

Amad got man of the match last game he played. Sure it was against shite opposition.

Now he has subbed in Sakala who also played in that game yet Amad completely outperformed him.
That wasn’t the last game. He played in the Old Firm game and was subbed at half time.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Ryan Kent is dangerous. He was amazing against Dortmund and he’s been the best player again today. I assume he’s inconsistent? Surely he wouldn’t still be there in all due respect.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just hit the post in a one on one. Should’ve done better really

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Diallo has to score there. One on one with the keeper and hits the post. He showed decent pace there

Status
Not open for further replies.