5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bekkalokk

It's funny seeing that list of teams that are supposedly after Amad on loan, FC Basel was another that was mooted,

People have been saying on here for ages that he is good enough to get starts at United, yet he appears to be only just good enough for a lower Premiership team and Championship teams. Seems strange why higher tier teams wouldn't be after him, someone like Villa, Wolves or Newcastle, instead of relegation threatened and lower tier teams.
Because they have a lot of money, and are better of developing their own talent, buying a player who can play for them more than one season. It's really not that difficult.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's funny seeing that list of teams that are supposedly after Amad on loan, FC Basel was another that was mooted,

People have been saying on here for ages that he is good enough to get starts at United, yet he appears to be only just good enough for a lower Premiership team and Championship teams. Seems strange why higher tier teams wouldn't be after him, someone like Villa, Wolves or Newcastle, instead of relegation threatened and lower tier teams.
How often do clubs like Villa and Wolves loan talents? They’re comfortably mid table and have money — if they want young talents, they’ll go and buy them. Not take Manchester United’s ones for a season, develop them, and send them back with a bow-tie.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
How often do clubs like Villa and Wolves loan talents? They’re comfortably mid table and have money — if they want young talents, they’ll go and buy them. Not take Manchester United’s ones for a season, develop them, and send them back with a bow-tie.
Tuanzebe says hi...

Champ

Because they have a lot of money, and are better of developing their own talent, buying a player who can play for them more than one season. It's really not that difficult.
Tuanzebe says hi to you also.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Tuanzebe’s already been mentioned. West Ham were delighted with their loan of young talent, Jesse Lingard, too.

Ultimately, PL clubs are more than happy to take players on loan if they think they will improve their team. If not, then they won’t. From our point of view we also want to make absolutely certain the player will get lots of games. Which is where a Championship loan is more appealing.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
To be fair I think I worded it wrong. It’s not about Sheffield United per se. I just think loaning Amad is a bad move for us, mostly because I think we’d be better off with him here and the minutes going to Daniel James could/should be going his way
Do you not get that amad will probably play about 1000 more minutes than James will end up getting here and with a lot more responsibility and pressure as a starter. how consistently his minutes are structured is far more important than the opinions of online fans on James place on our bench? If you want Amad to become a top first teamer then trust that the management feel like he is better off getting consistent minutes at a lower level and that is the best course for him long term. James is happy to sit and play the odd game and probably leave next summer. Amad is at a crucial stage of his development and he needs to play lots now and he won’t get enough minutes here to justify keeping him around. It has nothing to do with James.

AneRu

I hope he will have a different attitude to this loan than what some posters are displaying here, Sheffield United is a good team and if he applies himself, also avoiding looking down on the league, he will do wonders for his career here.

Saw other posters bringing up Mount and his is a perfectly good example even though Chelsea had that transfer ban which gave him opportunities but its pretty clear to see that what Amad will accomplish in the Championship will help him a claim a spot in the squad here.

laughtersassassin

40M player and he's being loaned out? Bizarre.
I mean from his performances he is clearly good enough for our bench. It's not really in debate at this stage.

I guess the reasoning is that we rate him very highly so want to ensure he plays a full season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I hope he will have a different attitude to this loan than what some posters are displaying here, Sheffield United is a good team and if he applies himself, also avoiding looking down on the league, he will do wonders for his career here.

Saw other posters bringing up Mount and his is a perfectly good example even though Chelsea had that transfer ban which gave him opportunities but its pretty clear to see that what Amad will accomplish in the Championship will help him a claim a spot in the squad here.
Reece James and Tammy Abraham are more examples from Chelsea. Also Trevoh Chalobah.

AneRu

To be fair I think I worded it wrong. It’s not about Sheffield United per se. I just think loaning Amad is a bad move for us, mostly because I think we’d be better off with him here and the minutes going to Daniel James could/should be going his way
But will the minutes going to Dan James be enough for Amad's development? I don't think they will whilst both the player and the club will benefit immensely if he has a successful loan. If all goes well he will come back a year older, fitter, stronger and ready to stake a claim for a role in the squad allowing us to sell James and replace him with Amad.

If he is too good for the Championship then he will prove it there if he applies himself. The manager will be forced to notice him and make a decision.

laughtersassassin

Strangely doesn't sound like a guy who is leaving. Had some lovely touches in the training video

ti vu

I mean from his performances he is clearly good enough for our bench. It's not really in debate at this stage.

I guess the reasoning is that we rate him very highly so want to ensure he plays a full season.
Not highly enough then. SAF didn't loan Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson when they're at similar age, when he thinks they can make an impact in the first team. Just like loaning Rashford, Martial, and Greenwood when they were 19-21 is not considered.

More like they don't believe Diallo can make big enough impact staying with us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Tuanzebe’s already been mentioned. West Ham were delighted with their loan of young talent, Jesse Lingard, too.

Ultimately, PL clubs are more than happy to take players on loan if they think they will improve their team. If not, then they won’t. From our point of view we also want to make absolutely certain the player will get lots of games. Which is where a Championship loan is more appealing.
The player they originally loaned whilst in the championship, yeah. Jesse Lingard was a 27 year old international when West Ham loaned him. Neither are comparable.

Neither are comparable to a side like Villa or Wolves, secure in their position in midtable PL, trying to loan an attacking young player like Amad — because it just doesn’t happen.

Gandalf

Not highly enough then. SAF didn't loan Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson when they're at similar age, when he thinks they can make an impact in the first team. Just like loaning Rashford, Martial, and Greenwood when they were 19-21 is not considered.

More like they don't believe Diallo can make big enough impact staying with us.
Not a fair comparison. You are talking about playing him in the first team when he has Cavani, Sancho, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood ahead of him. If we are regularly giving minutes to those guys backups then we are having a nightmare season with injuries. The likelihood is that the guys behind them will play Carabao cup and scrape a few odd minutes here and there in the PL which is fine for Mata and James but would not nbe great for Amad and his development.

ti vu

Reece James and Tammy Abraham are more examples from Chelsea. Also Trevoh Chalobah.

They were not signed for a big fee for a young teenager that barely played senior football at his previous clubs.

It's easier to gamble with low value raw youngster than an expensive buy in lowered division. Despite the obvious talent, there is still chance that he may fail for some random reasons. It would be awkward situation for him. One we should avoid. Some to be great players didn't really dominate the Championship, while some to be meh players being the heroes. Stranger things happen like that.

Last edited:

Champ

And ? He was on loan for them in the championship so already is a player that is a known quantity.
Indeed.

Yet some on here deem Amad ready for our first team...this is my point exactly.

If he isn't ready for the likes of them clubs he definitely isn't ready for our first team match day squad.

ti vu

Not a fair comparison. You are talking about playing him in the first team when he has Cavani, Sancho, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood ahead of him. If we are regularly giving minutes to those guys backups then we are having a nightmare season with injuries. The likelihood is that the guys behind them will play Carabao cup and scrape a few odd minutes here and there in the PL which is fine for Mata and James but would not nbe great for Amad and his development.
Rashford would be out for much of the first part of the season. When he's back, he's not expected to hit the ground running in top form. Martial currently is in similar condition. Minus Sancho who is expected to cover for Rashford until he's back, that is pretty much same option we had last season, and that we tried but failed to buy Sancho last summer too. So Diallo transfer just looks more and more likely bad timed transfer. Ole himself didn't have plan for him, while the people behind the transfer for some reason thought he's ready. He was on his way on loan out to Parma from Atalanta before we signed him. If we're talking about development, we just wasted a season for his development.

Why would a highly rate youngster come here, not getting chances, but going to a lowered division. May as well sending him overseas on loan just to play at the higher level, if we don't have plan for him after spending a good sum in COVID market.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
No idea what the fuss is about.
He is not getting minutes ahead of Cavani, Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Pogba and Greenwood.
So just getting minutes instead of James won‘t be beneficial at all for him.
If he is really as good or talented as he is supposed to be then he needs many more minutes than what James will be getting.

A championship loan will be good if no other Premier League team can guarantee him enough games.

AneRu

They were not signed for a big fee for a young teenager that barely played senior football at his previous clubs.

It's easier to gamble with low value raw youngster than an expensive buy to lowered division. Despite the obvious talent, there is still chance that he may fail for some random reasons. It would be awkward situation for him. One we should avoid. Some to be great players didn't really dominate the Championship, while some to be meh players being the heroes. Stranger things happen like that.
Isn't the fee contingent on him meeting certain parameters, which he won't meet if he remains on the bench for us or stuck somewhere between the U23s and a bench role. He is clearly too good for the unders but still too light for this league and its physicality yet staying here won't benefit him at all if he isn't going to play.

I also don't think that he is going to the Championship as some sort of audition such that it's curtains for him if he fails, our management already rate him which is why they paid big money for him. What this loan will do for him is to give him substantial first team minutes in a competitive league, if he succeeds it could help his case but he isn't going to be written off if he fails there as we have invested too much on him already.

TsuWave

Also they probably won't even play him, and play some 34 year old loser with underwhelming experience instead.
This is funny cause you see it happening all the time

Do you not get that amad will probably play about 1000 more minutes than James will end up getting here and with a lot more responsibility and pressure as a starter. how consistently his minutes are structured is far more important than the opinions of online fans on James place on our bench? If you want Amad to become a top first teamer then trust that the management feel like he is better off getting consistent minutes at a lower level and that is the best course for him long term. James is happy to sit and play the odd game and probably leave next summer. Amad is at a crucial stage of his development and he needs to play lots now and he won’t get enough minutes here to justify keeping him around. It has nothing to do with James.
Not all loan moves play out like this. We shelled out a decent fee for Amad because we believe he has the potential to be special, as such, I wouldn’t trust anyone else to develop him. I feel the same about Mejbri etc, but again, hopefully I’m wrong and this turns out the best loan move possible and he comes back ready and a better player

Alemar

Still I don’t understand why we loan out Amad to a Championship club when guys like Fati and Pedri play for Barcelona at 17-18 with great success. Just play him and Hannibal here and there and forget about James and Mata like they never existed.

Ace of Spades

Indeed.

Yet some on here deem Amad ready for our first team...this is my point exactly.

If he isn't ready for the likes of them clubs he definitely isn't ready for our first team match day squad.
You don't have a point, Villa needed another CB, so they went for a known quantity for a player they worked with. They are covered in the wing positions and have bought Buendia and Bailey this window, of course they are not going to go for him. The two situations are unrelated.

Amad is a very talented player, he can be a squad player, but that won't be beneficial for his development. To develop he needs to get time on the pitch, not waste time on the bench. If he can get regular game time somewhere like the championship, then that is better than sporadic playing time for us.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Still I don’t understand why we loan out Amad to a Championship club when guys like Fati and Pedri play for Barcelona at 17-18 with great success. Just play him and Hannibal here and there and forget about James and Mata like they never existed.
La Liga is 2/3 horse race.

Barca had no choice in the end due to their finances

Dazzmondo

Championship loan is useless for a player of his level imo. Would prefer him go to the Bundesliga where they tend to play young players anyway. He will be playing with very low quality players in the Championship where they give players way too much space. Not at all optimistic about our prospects for him if that's the level we're looking at. Sheff are a very negative team too so not even a good Championship option. Fulham is probably the only side I'd be somewhat ok with since they're by far the best team at that level (and one that actually attacks). A Championship loan tells me he won't have any role to play in our team any time soon (meaning 3-4 years).

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Cheers buddy. If it indeed happens, you're going to be an important source of information for this thread.
If so I’m more than happy to update this thread.

I can’t believe some of the snobbery on here :houllier:

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Championship loan is useless for a player of his level imo. Would prefer him go to the Bundesliga where they tend to play young players anyway. He will be playing with very low quality players in the Championship where they give players way too much space. Not at all optimistic about our prospects for him if that's the level we're looking at. Sheff are a very negative team too so not even a good Championship option. Fulham is probably the only side I'd be somewhat ok with since they're by far the best team at that level (and one that actually attacks). A Championship loan tells me he won't have any role to play in our team any time soon (meaning 3-4 years).
Oh my word.
We are negative based on what? A manager and system that are both long gone now? And if you think there is plenty of space in the Championship take a look at how Berge has gotten on so far. Rugby tackles galore when he carries the ball forward.

Personally I don’t think this deal will happen as we are useless but I don’t see how we are a bad option.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I'm surprised by how many think Jokanovic is a negative manager. I remember him at Fulham and he had them playing some decent football in the Championship. Obviously it went tits up when they got promoted but that's Fulham under the Khan's.

If we're looking to loan Amad to Sheffield United then it's because we think he could do with playing every week in a physical league under a manager that will allow him to play his game. I'm not convinced this is true though. We'll see.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
I'm surprised by how many think Jokanovic is a negative manager. I remember him at Fulham and he had them playing some decent football in the Championship. Obviously it went tits up when they got promoted but that's Fulham under the Khan's.

If we're looking to loan Amad to Sheffield United then it's because we think he could do with playing every week in a physical league under a manager that will allow him to play his game. I'm not convinced this is true though. We'll see.
Many just see Championship football as a pub league full of hoof ball maniacs. He would 100% play week in week out though that’s for sure.

Ace of Spades

Ffs, he is not going to get that much playing time here, why do people constantly bring up Mata and James who barely play as it is. We have Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial and Pogba without Mata and James who can play on the wing. How does playing a few irregular games in a season help his development ?? He needs to get experience of playing week in week out, to build consistency in his game, not going to happen with a sub appearance here and there with large time spent on the bench. He is too good for the academy, but won't get much time here. A loan makes great sense.

Also, as for Barca they did not have as much competition in their squad when Fati and Pedri got a chance, which they admittedly took well.

littleman

All players need game time. It's better for Amad to be a starter somewhere else and play 3000 minutes than play just 900 minutes with MUFC as a sub this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.