Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
His best performance for us was as a false 9.

Think it would be a waste for him to play LW.
He wouldn't. Feyenoord's LW is their best player and their makeshift striker (who kind of plays like a false 9) is originally a left winger. Feyenoord's starting RW is injury prone. Amad would play CF or RW exclusively, i just mentioned he had played LW a couple of times in youth teams.

Drainy

Jonny Evans, John O'Shea, to a lesser extent; Jesse Lingard, Danny Welbeck, Tom Cleverley have had their moments in the sun for us after being on loan.

I think with SAF things were a bit different, and the best youngsters didn't need loans because the team had so many senior pros who could manage the game with inexperienced players and so players could be brought in more easily without impacting results.

Additionally, and lets be honest the points requirement for winning the league is consistently a lot higher now than it was in early PL days, so giving younger players a chance straight out of the youth team is a lot harder than it used to be if you are trying to win the title.

SAFMUTD

A loan to a low table team in the EPL would be great, just not a negative team like Arsenal.

:wenger:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
@KirkDuyt @therealtboy just grew 5 inches. Congrats! Consider giving TD Arnesen a life long contract. Is this your best transfer window of all time?

Can't wait to watch him play myself, and I'm a neutral!

lost7

Excellent loan! I'm expecting detailed weekly updates on his progress on a weekly basis!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’m convinced he’ll do great there. All the best for the season, Amad!

sp_107

I still think he stays here and learn from Ronaldo and play fe minutes, Instead of loaning Amad we can look at selling James

Abraxas

Makes sense. Was always wanting to see him going to a decent side that will play football. Suits far better than Sheffield United. He needs time to develop physically and get a chance to show his qualities on the ball. Hugging the touchline for a championship side didn't really fit the bill for Amad at this stage.

I think Amad was always going to be a longer term bet, he's shown bits and pieces of quality. But at the moment he's very inexperienced in senior football and all his skills are on the ball so it was natural to send him to a team where that is the focus and he can slowly build up the physical side.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
@KirkDuyt @therealtboy just grew 5 inches. Congrats! Consider giving TD Arnesen a life long contract. Is this your best transfer window of all time?

Can't wait to watch him play myself, and I'm a neutral!
Buzzing about this, Amad is going to have a huge impact on the team and will add a lot of creativity and flair to this team. People saying the league is weak would still want to sign the next big thing from PSV or Ajax so I don't get how this isn't a good move. Sinistera and Amad will terrorize defenders all game. Reza and Lord Linssen will switch in the false 9 role. Gives us options all season.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Glad this ‘saga’ is over. Fed up of seeing us talked down on :lol:

InfiniteBoredom

I really hope this works out. In hindsight we would be better off leaving him at Atalanta on loan, he could’ve played in a top league regularly in addition to CL this season, but no point crying over spilt milk.

Having RvP there is nice as well, would be good for him to pick up a thing or two from the silver fox

Bondi77

Shoutout to @Cee90. He knew Amad was going Feynoord last Wednesday.

Will be watching Feynoord games from now on.
I thought that Amad wanted to stay in the Premier League and not go to a weaker league.
The quicker he gets up to speed with the Premier League the better for us so unless he is going to be playing every game for Feyernord he is better off staying in England.

RedDevilRoshi

I really hope this works out. In hindsight we would be better off leaving him at Atalanta on loan, he could’ve played in a top league regularly in addition to CL this season, but no point crying over spilt milk.

Having RvP there is nice as well, would be good for him to pick up a thing or two from the silver fox
He hardly got a game there. The very rare, odd cameo appearance off the bench but I don’t think he ever started or had a good consistent run of games in the 1st team.

Hopefully the Feyenoord loan works out really well.

InfiniteBoredom

He hardly got a game there. The very rare, odd cameo appearance off the bench but I don’t think he ever started or had a good consistent run of games in the 1st team.

Hopefully the Feyenoord loan works out really well.
I think it was because he was to join up with us in Jan, so there was no point for them to play him when he would feck off 5 months later. Would be very different if he were to stay with them for 2 years, you can actually plan around that.

Anyway, we are where we are. Let’s just hope he has a good time and come back ready to be integrated into the first team.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Feyenoord will hopefully be a good loan for him. Good club, in a league where he should get plenty of opportunities and could easily play himself into a starting role very quickly. Open league in general. If he can do well there, he could and should be competing for the match day squad next season.

Foreign loans can be necessary but always make me nervous, because if he flops because of non-footballing reasons - culture shock, isolation, language barrier etc - or reason beyond his control - managerial changes, tactical shifts, new signings etc - then it can really set a player back and be a lost year; when he could be here learning from an all time great.

That said, getting a season of regular minutes is the natural progression for him. He’s not yet proved himself week in, week out over a season; so this should be interesting.

Fingers crossed.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Happy with this loan.

Good young coach, good but not dominant team, good league for developing young talent, passionate fanbase...Ticks a lot lf boxes.

Drainy

Interesting to see Amad move on loan and we have retained Elanga.

Amad seems more ready mentally to me, while Elanga is well ahead physically.

Will be interesting to see how much game time Elanga gets.

Kag

I like this loan. He should play regularly and he’ll have a real chance to show off a bit. Plenty of quality Premier League players have ripped it up in Holland before making the move over to England.

Alemar

Buzzing about this, Amad is going to have a huge impact on the team and will add a lot of creativity and flair to this team. People saying the league is weak would still want to sign the next big thing from PSV or Ajax so I don't get how this isn't a good move. Sinistera and Amad will terrorize defenders all game. Reza and Lord Linssen will switch in the false 9 role. Gives us options all season.
Do you think Amad may get 20 G+A (combined) there?

CM10

I think it was because he was to join up with us in Jan, so there was no point for them to play him when he would feck off 5 months later. Would be very different if he were to stay with them for 2 years, you can actually plan around that.

Anyway, we are where we are. Let’s just hope he has a good time and come back ready to be integrated into the first team.
It's because they don't play with wingers. Atalanta were planning on loaning him to Parma before we intervened but there were a few reports at the time saying Amad didn't fit their system, even though they rated him highly. I believe something similar happened with Kulusevski the year before, before he got his move to Juventus.

Good to see we've found a good club for him anyway. The talent is clearly there but he needs the minutes, which he will almost undoubtedly get in the Eredivisie.

DWelbz19

Glad this ‘saga’ is over. Fed up of seeing us talked down on :lol:
I know you said Jokanovic is a slow starter and all that, but you’re currently 5 games in with 1 goal scored. Still relatively confident?

DWelbz19

I like this loan. He should play regularly and he’ll have a real chance to show off a bit. Plenty of quality Premier League players have ripped it up in Holland before making the move over to England.
One of my first thoughts was that Mason Mount was around Amad’s age when he went to Vitesse and did alright.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Do you think Amad may get 20 G+A (combined) there?
Absolutely especially with the way Slot has us playing this year, he'll rack up the numbers.This loan will help Amad express himself and help him finally feel like he's as good as he is being hyped up to be. Scoring and assisting regularly will help his confidence and development if not physically but mentally.

Kaos

I’ll be honest, I don’t like this loan. No offence to our resident Dutch, but I think the Dutch league is pretty cack. I’d rather he went to the Bundesliga or even the championship over going to Holland.

flappyjay

In hindsight we would be better off leaving him at Atalanta on loan, he could’ve played in a top league regularly in addition to CL this season, but no point crying over spilt milk.
Atalanta were on the verge of loaning him out when we got him. He wasn't playing for them either. He needs a lot of minutes, hopefully he gets them in Holland.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What he needs is to be playing games regularly at first team level. He would've likely got that at Parma last season on loan but we decided to sign him instead which meant his season was disrupted as far as developing his game goes.

I can understand people wanting him to be loaned to a EPL team. But it makes no sense to me to send him to a club in the EPL, if that club is playing a reactive brand of football where they spend large parts of the game defending. I personally think a loan like that could be bad for him because he'll likely end up doing more off the ball work than on the ball work.

The Sheffield United loan option also looks to be risky due to the current struggles of the club which could bring a manager change due to their current form.

The Feyenoord loan in theory looks the best option for him IMO. No one can say for sure if it will be a success, but he will likely be given the opportunity to play regularly in a team that will look to dominate the opposition via a very bright young up and coming coach in Arne Slot, who has a defined way of playing attacking football that heavily favours dominating possession. Feyenoord also play in a raucous stadium at De Kuip which will be a experience in itself.

Feyenoord are also in the Conference league and their group consists of Union Berlin, Sparta Prague and Maccabi Haifa which will be a good test for him and Feyenoord.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.