5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

I’ll be honest, I don’t like this loan. No offence to our resident Dutch, but I think the Dutch league is pretty cack. I’d rather he went to the Bundesliga or even the championship over going to Holland.
I think they've judged this one right because of his tiny physical makeup. A lot of what Amad needs to develop will have to come with time and natural progress. I'm not sure it can be hastened just through playing in a physical league, that actually comes with dangers that he'll be a peripheral figure.

It's right to look for senior football where he can consistently and regularly use his current skillset rather than one where we don't know how much of the ball he'll get and more focus is on running power, riding challenges, tracking back etc. It will show his level, build his confidence and give him time.

You're right that eventually he has to adapt to our football so ultimately he has to do that, either with us or out on loan. But I think they've put the horse before the cart in this instance.

Varane around town

Think Feyenoord will be a brilliant move for him if he can start getting games.

He gets to live and work in yet another country which is good for personal growth, gets experience playing for a team at the top end of their domestic league and hopefully will learn one or two things off Van Persie.

Dazzmondo

Feyenoord will be a good team for him to flourish in. I do think the defending in the Eridivisie is very poor, but tbh considering the players we have now, Amad will probably have to go on loan again next season anyway so if he can use this as a transition and then go on loan to a Prem team the following season, he could then be ready to compete with the 1st team. I'll try to watch him whenever I can this season. I expect he will definitely shine if he starts consistently.

SAF is the GOAT

I don't understand it - no PL club wants to take him and ensure him minutes and any play time ?

Don't get me wrong he has RVP in there as an assistant coach but it's still isn't the PL

Last edited:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I don't understand it - no PL club wants to take him and ensure him minutes and any play time ?

Don't get me wrong he has RVP in there as an assistant coach but it's still isn't the PL
It is difficult to find a PL loan for a 19-year old with hardly any experience when the stakes are so high. Teams would rather develop their own talent and cash in when they work out rather than work with another club’s talent. There are maybe 2-3 clubs in the league that could risk playing someone like Diallo on a regular basis and they are not the type of team that would have the ball for much of the game (eg Norwich). It’s better for him to go to a club that will dominate most games as if he makes it here it will also be the case 80% of time.

He is probably 3-5 years from getting any serious time under Ole so he will still have time to get PL loans before then.

The Viper

This could be a good move for Amad. I saw a few of Feyenoord matches last season and they played really good attacking/free flowing football (someone who watches them regularly can confirm on this).
Feel it is best for his development to get game time at this stage of his career. He is a top talent and hopefully he will make a good name for himself in the Eredivisie. Good luck to him.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I saw a few of Feyenoord matches last season and they played really good attacking/free flowing football (someone who watches them regularly can confirm on this).
Last season it was more counter attacking football and in possession it was every ball to Berghuis and hope he does something brilliant, very stale otherwise.
This season with a new manager and some new signings it's been high press and attacking. The games you saw must have been unrepresentative for their style.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Just in, Amad got injured in training and the loan deal might not go through!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Why would we back out over a 4 week injury. There's an international break coming up. Just fecking do it.

Maybe he just saw us get smashed by Utrecht today and thought, feck this.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Why would we back out over a 4 week injury. There's an international break coming up. Just fecking do it.

Maybe he just saw us get smashed by Utrecht today and thought, feck this.
I think Feyenoord are desperate for someone NOW, because your left winger is gonna miss a bunch of games due to quarantine and your right winger isn't allowed to play against Israeli clubs because he's Iranian. And this is in the first week after the international break.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
The cancellation is definitive according to VI's Feyenoord guy.

"we did everything we could, we had a deal, but now that he's injured the way he is, he can' come. Shit happens" - TD Arnesen.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The cancellation is definitive according to VI's Feyenoord guy.

"we did everything we could, we had a deal, but now that he's injured the way he is, he can' come. Shit happens" - TD Arnesen.
Yeah just read that. It's definitely off due to the injury.

It'd be funny if we kept him and he forced his way into the team.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
I know you said Jokanovic is a slow starter and all that, but you’re currently 5 games in with 1 goal scored. Still relatively confident?
1 signing when promised 6 kind of explains it really. He called out the board yesterday so hopefully deals can be done ASAP.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
1 signing when promised 6 kind of explains it really. He called out the board yesterday so hopefully deals can be done ASAP.
Fair dos. Well I do wish you well for the season— you’ve always been a pretty decent poster from what I’ve seen and you did help propel Henderson into his current level!

Grande

Yeah just read that. It's definitely off due to the injury.

It'd be funny if we kept him and he forced his way into the team.
Who wouldn’t love it, but it’s more likely he’ll just miss the playing time the coaches thinks will improve him.

Then again, he would be eligible for a loan even after deadline day, wouldn’t he?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Who wouldn’t love it, but it’s more likely he’ll just miss the playing time the coaches thinks will improve him.

Then again, he would be eligible for a loan even after deadline day, wouldn’t he?
Youre most likely correct. I'm not sure if he'd be eligible for a loan after deadline day, but I hope the club can get him a good club that ticks the boxes.

Zoo

Get him back fit and training with the first team, I'm sure he'll be buzzing to work with Ronaldo and others.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Muscular injury isn't it??

6 weeks is a while though so could be a tear.

Don't think it'll be the worst thing for him to train with Ronaldo moving forward, but he will need game time.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Would rather he got to watch Ronaldo and took James minutes anyway when he gets back.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
People have died from hiccups. Are there recorded cases of people dying from thigh muscle tears?

Status
Not open for further replies.