5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

I think he should be given a chance on the right. He's naturally a right sided player too. Mason and Diallo as backup on the right should be tried IMO. His last competitive game was good as far as performance goes and he should be given a opportunity.
Agreed he should be given more of a chance but he is injured at the moment

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Agreed he should be given more of a chance but he is injured at the moment
He's still injured and will be back after the next International break according to Solskjaer. But what I noticed about him at first team level was that he wasn't phased and played his natural game when given the opportunity. The away game against Wolves he was very good playing through the middle and his touch was absolutely majestic on a few occassions. I hope he's given a fair chance when he's back because I think he could really surprise alot of people.

laughtersassassin

He's still injured and will be back after the next International break according to Solskjaer. But what I noticed about him at first team level was that he wasn't phased and played his natural game when given the opportunity. The away game against Wolves he was very good playing through the middle and his touch was absolutely majestic on a few occassions. I hope he's given a fair chance when he's back because I think he could really surprise alot of people.
We need to stay in the Carling cup so he can get a good chance to show he is worth realistically.

Tallis

Given our surplus of attackers, suspect he will be out on loan at some point this season. Even though we are surplus of forwards at the moment, I hope we don’t loose our focus on developing out youth where we have some terrific prospects.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
What’s the bets it’s u23s until Jan and out on loan? It’s a pity because I think he can definitely stake a claim and have a positive contribution in the few months before any fresh loan talk materialises. I know he probably won’t get enough games to fully develop on the fringes but at least give him a proper shot while he’s still here. U23s will be a waste of 3 months of his career.

laughtersassassin

Well he is fecked since we didn't stay in the Carabao Cup. Probably was his only chance for a start especially since we got off to a losing start in the CL

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Well he is fecked since we didn't stay in the Carabao Cup. Probably was his only chance for a start especially since we got off to a losing start in the CL
For this season at least, he should go out on loan but if Jesse is leaving at the end of the season then we could promote him to squad player if his loan spell goes well.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Hope he is ready for a championship loan. Should get him the homegrown status if not mistaken.

Nickelodeon

If he's already fit, why couldn't he have gone on loan? This was a period of 4 weeks of which 2 were international break.

Lee565

What a waste of money and potential, he should have been loaned straight back out the minute we brought him but ole lives to set young players careers back by wasting them on the bench/reserves, Ahmed and Henderson have been victims of this and the money we could have saved on Ahmed and made selling Henderson straight after his successful Sheffield United spell could have been used to buy a top central midfielder but ole supposedly can't do no wrong with his transfer dealings...

luke511

It's a bit painful Solskjaer didn't play more of Amad last season, he would've realised we didn't need to buy another winger and might've signed a DM like Rice instead. Hindsight's a bitch.

RonaldoVII

It's a bit painful Solskjaer didn't play more of Amad last season, he would've realised we didn't need to buy another winger and might've signed a DM like Rice instead. Hindsight's a bitch.
I doubt his view has changed. It's all good saying we need a DM but Rice for 100m wasn't a better option than Sancho for £72m

luke511

I doubt his view has changed. It's all good saying we need a DM but Rice for 100m wasn't a better option than Sancho for £72m
£80 million + Lingard and the deal's done ;) I think he was the better option personally, I'd like to think the club would've been able to bring the price tag down slightly as well.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
What a waste of money and potential, he should have been loaned straight back out the minute we brought him but ole lives to set young players careers back by wasting them on the bench/reserves, Ahmed and Henderson have been victims of this and the money we could have saved on Ahmed and made selling Henderson straight after his successful Sheffield United spell could have been used to buy a top central midfielder but ole supposedly can't do no wrong with his transfer dealings...
This is very true to an extent . We give unnecessary importance to average academy players and end up losing some brilliant players in the market. Chelsea would have sold McT, Hendo, Lingard, Williams, Axel with a buy back clause.

The brilliant ones like Mason will keep their places anyway.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Jesus wept…

HailtotheKing

Yeah that was the main reason I wanted to try Amad. He’s probably far more the tricky dribbling winger Ole wants than Sancho tbh who is more of a pass and move intricate player. CDM was the priority and I can’t help feeling Ole messed up big time here when left and right are so stacked (even more so thanks for not getting Lingard and having Ronaldo up front). Of course I wanted Sancho at the time. But I always thought we’d be getting a mid in. Hindsight is indeed a bitch. But I really do think it was easy to see.

Idxomer

Yeah that was the main reason I wanted to try Amad. He’s probably far more the tricky dribbling winger Ole wants than Sancho tbh who is more of a pass and move intricate player. CDM was the priority and I can’t help feeling Ole messed up big time here when left and right are so stacked (even more so thanks for not getting Lingard and having Ronaldo up front). Of course I wanted Sancho at the time. But I always thought we’d be getting a mid in. Hindsight is indeed a bitch. But I really do think it was easy to see.
Sancho and Amad have more in common than you might think.

0le

This is very true to an extent . We give unnecessary importance to average academy players and end up losing some brilliant players in the market. Chelsea would have sold McT, Hendo, Lingard, Williams, Axel with a buy back clause.

The brilliant ones like Mason will keep their places anyway.
Chelsea also sold Salah, Lukaku and KdB. Swings and roundabouts.

bludsucker

Can we at least get the players name right when criticizing ole for not playing them. Makes me wonder whether some on here follow united at all.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Chelsea also sold Salah, Lukaku and KdB. Swings and roundabouts.
Ofcourse and they learnt their lesson after that. Now they have either the first option or a buy back clause.

luke511

Yep, only Solskjaer knew at the time that it was one or the other, him deciding to sign a winger over a CDM knowing that he could only have one is puzzling. I genuinely think the Sancho signing was more out of stubbornness over practicality, after not getting what he wanted the previous summer. It also potentially explains why Amad only played 10 minutes of game time in 2 months after scoring vs AC Milan, if he had continued to play well at right wing, the scout's call on Amad would've been proven right and signing Sancho would've been seen as unnecessary with Greenwood and Amad both occupying the RW role.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Greenwood has kept Diallo and Sancho rightly out of the starting 11.

Mickson

I'm worried now. Playing nothing, doing nothing. Just like Williams last season. Just like Tuanzebe last season. Just like Hannibal and Elanga this season. Don't know what Ole is playing at with so many players in the squad.

If Rice was Spanish - He could probably cost 35m Pounds top
Rodri at 23 went for £63m - and was only that cheap because of a release clause. He'd played just 2 good seasons at club level and had only won 2 international caps at the time.

I think Rodri's a brilliant player, and was well worth the money, but there's no doubt Rice is more accomplished while being younger (+ English tax).

flappyjay

I'm worried now. Playing nothing, doing nothing. Just like Williams last season. Just like Tuanzebe last season. Just like Hannibal and Elanga this season. Don't know what Ole is playing at with so many players in the squad.
This one is not strictly on Ole, a potential loan was stopped by his injury.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Rodri at 23 went for £63m - and was only that cheap because of a release clause. He'd played just 2 good seasons at club level and had only won 2 international caps at the time.

I think Rodri's a brilliant player, and was well worth the money, but there's no doubt Rice is more accomplished while being younger (+ English tax).
Well worth the money? He's bang average and cost £63m FFS! :lol:

Dante

Average bang
If Rice was Spanish - He could probably cost 35m Pounds top
You mean unproven in the Premier League and unsellable to a rich club because he doesn't want to move to England?

But even then, if we wanted a first choice Spanish international who was fresh from playing in the Euros final it would take an opening bid of £50m+. If the selling club was as wealthy as West Ham, add another £10-15m.

Bondi77

I watched Amad in the Olympics not so long ago and while he started the early games he was used as a bench option in the latter games as he is more effective when the opposition are tired at the moment IMO.
I think he is a great prospect but I can only see Ole using him in the last 10-15mins of a game on the RW at the moment until he is stronger on the ball so I would like him to get aChampionship loan in Jan to get more game time.
With the amount of money spent on Sancho we really do have to give him a good crack on both wings to acclimatise as quickly as possible to the Premier League.

HailtotheKing

I watched Amad in the Olympics not so long ago and while he started the early games he was used as a bench option in the latter games as he is more effective when the opposition are tired at the moment IMO.
I think he is a great prospect but I can only see Ole using him in the last 10-15mins of a game on the RW at the moment until he is stronger on the ball so I would like him to get aChampionship loan in Jan to get more game time.
With the amount of money spent on Sancho we really do have to give him a good crack on both wings to acclimatise as quickly as possible to the Premier League.
Yeah a championship loan would help toughen him up. Also a lower premier would be ok provided he got the game time. And 100% agree with Sancho.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

This correct?
Probably not. Im not too sure but I think you need to be full 3 seasons while Amad's case would be considered as 2.5 years if he doesn't leave until 21.

Edit: Never mind, I didn't know he is 19 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.