5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

I suppose a lot depends on if Ole sees Sancho as an option on the RW as I have only seen him on the left so far but that will probably change when Marcus is back.
As I have stated before I watched all his games in the Olympics and he seemed a bit lightweight to me and the Premier League is a tougher physical challenge so I think a loan deal in the Championship for now.
It did not help withe the first round Cup loss so I could only imagine early FA Cup games but with Rash, Martial, Mason, Sancho, Elanga and if Cavani is starting with Ronnie I cannot see him getting on the pitch.

Strats

He hardly got any minutes last season and I don’t think it will change this season. Was hoping to see Hannibal more as well but that seems unlikely.

Apparently “we believe in youth” because it’s “The United way” and we need to become “more ruthless” which I would apply to those who don’t perform...

Born2Lose

I worry about this kid, always seems so enthusiastic and willing when he's in the team or even on the bench. Should be getting regular sub appearances or go on loan to a PL team that'll play him regularly

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm surprised at how much we payed for him personally.

Nearly 40 mil.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I worry about this kid, always seems so enthusiastic and willing when he's in the team or even on the bench. Should be getting regular sub appearances or go on loan to a PL team that'll play him regularly
I'm not sure you can have a 36 year old striker like Ronaldo who is supposed to apparently start every game and play for a full 90 minutes and at the same time play a player like Diallo as a sub at RW.

It will effect both.

VanDeBank

Ma’am

Feyenoord wants a longer loan spell in the winter. They think they need to make it out of the conference league groups to have a shot.

Seems unlikely. Amad wont qualify for homegrown and Feyenoord loaned Nelson from Arsenal in his position. It's a reliable twitter account for things relating to Feyenoord, so thought I'd share.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's back in full training now and should get a chance to claim the role on right in rotation with Mason. Both players are naturally left footed aswell. But I don't think he's gonna be given a fair chance, sadly.

He was my MOTM in the last competitive game he played for us (away to Wolves) and should be rewarded with more minutes IMO.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I sound like a broken record but as good as he may be, we didn't need to spend the summer budget on Sancho when we already have Greenwood and Amad on the right, it feels like pure stubbornness from Solskjaer after last summer's window. We could've got a much more needed centre midfielder instead, incredibly poor from him when he knew from the start that the club could only afford one out of the two positions.
I said during the summer that Amad should be given minutes so he can become the answer for us as the right sided wing forward due to him being a natural for the role in question. And the Sancho money was best used on the midfield. But I was also okay with signing Sancho to play on the left to create some competition with Rashford. So for me Amad Diallo was always the potential answer on the right in the long-term.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I said during the summer that Amad should be given minutes so he can become the answer for us as the right sided wing forward due to him being a natural for the role in question. And the Sancho money was best used on the midfield. But I was also okay with signing Sancho to play on the left to create some competition with Rashford. So for me Amad Diallo was always the potential answer on the right in the long-term.
I think signing Ronaldo, on top of Sancho, and also clinging on to Lingard, has been a mistake in developing Amad and Hannibal. With James and Lingard gone, and no Ronaldo there would have been lots of minutes for Amad and I’m sure he’d have produced.

Hannibal is slightly different as I think he should get minutes further back on the field as well. Playing a 3-man midfield, rather than a double pivot would maybe stop you getting pulled apart. But you’d then have the issue with Bruno, maybe. I actually think he could be great in a 3 but OGS wouldn’t try that or make it work.

Your transfer have got better but the summer was a bit of a mess considering the amount invested in Amad and Hannibal. It suggests Murtough and OGS aren’t really on the same page to me. Or, Murtough doesn’t have the power he should have. He should be given the scope to let the likes of Lingard go and block daft spur of the moment signings like Ronaldo.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think signing Ronaldo, on top of Sancho, and also clinging on to Lingard, has been a mistake in developing Amad and Hannibal. With James and Lingard gone, and no Ronaldo there would have been lots of minutes for Amad and I’m sure he’d have produced.

Hannibal is slightly different as I think he should get minutes further back on the field as well. Playing a 3-man midfield, rather than a double pivot would maybe stop you getting pulled apart. But you’d then have the issue with Bruno, maybe. I actually think he could be great in a 3 but OGS wouldn’t try that or make it work.

Your transfer have got better but the summer was a bit of a mess considering the amount invested in Amad and Hannibal. It suggests Murtough and OGS aren’t really on the same page to me. Or, Murtough doesn’t have the power he should have. He should be given the scope to let the likes of Lingard go and block daft spur of the moment signings like Ronaldo.
It does seem like they aren't on the same page which I can understand because Solskjaer predates Murtough the DoF. And when that happens, the manager still has significant control when it come to shaping the team and long-term vision/direction of the football side of the club, which is well documented. But some control has been wrestled away from the manager as we all know and I'm expecting the recruitment department to assume control if/when a new head coach is appointed.

I do believe Amad Diallo was a club signing and is a natural for the right sided role. And I also believe Solskjaer should've integrated Diallo into the team which would've aided his development and spent the Sancho money on midfield. And don't get me wrong I do rate Sancho but he's not a right winger and whether he's deployed left or right, he will look to cut in field so he's best deployed cutting in on his stronger right foot. In the Europa league final Emery started a 18 year old Pino on the flank and it seemed like Solskjaer was afraid to even use Diallo off the bench. And for me Diallo is a bigger talent in comparison to the Villarreal kid.

I also hear that the team is imbalanced now and it's easy to see why. Midfield has been neglected when we easily could've strengthened it. We had Pogba at the club and decided to add Bruno Fernandes to the team, when I think we should've signed a player who would either come into play in the double pivot or help us transition to a 4-3-3. But instead what happened was we caused a even bigger problem by trying to shoe horn both Pogba and Bruno into the same line up which has also contributed to the imbalance in the team. Pogba should've been sold once Fernandes was signed, and it further demonstrates the naivety of the inexperienced coaching staff imo.

I also have no doubt that under a manager who implements a proactive brand of football, we'd see the likes of VdB, Amad, and Hannibal, utilised much more, which would also save us a lot of money in the transfer market. You can't build teams without making best use of the resources already at your disposal which is something we've failed to do with the current manager imo. And if he had integrated Amad and Hannibal into the team then maybe we could say he's definitely building a team and could've maybe defended him. But unfortunately that isn't the case and it does look like a new coach will be required which will not only potentially help the more established players but also the young players. Someone like ten Hag would be extremely beneficial in that regard and has shown he can bring through talented youth and remain competitive at the highest level (Champions League).

Last edited:

Remember the geese

Will be playing U23 for the foreseeable future whilst Ole is in charge.
Unfortunately so. For someone who champions the United way, he is very risk averse when it comes to youth. I'm sure he had good intentions in the beginning, but the magnitude of the job scared the life out of him and this is the result.

Matt851

Another terrible use of resources, could have covered half of the fee of a decent cm

Pickle85

Not to be contrary but do you really think throwing a youngster that has shown flashes but broadly not looked quite up to first team footie yet straight into a dysfunctional team after a longish injury is a good idea? Plenty of other things to knock Ole for but this is silly

BlahRules

Unfortunately so. For someone who champions the United way, he is very risk averse when it comes to youth. I'm sure he had good intentions in the beginning, but the magnitude of the job scared the life out of him and this is the result.
If he had given these players the chance they need to be a first teamer I'm sure he would be in a better position. Ole has this tendency to play players regardless of their form or fitness.

the_cliff

If he had given these players the chance they need to be a first teamer I'm sure he would be in a better position. Ole has this tendency to play players regardless of their form or fitness.
Other than Mason he hasn't really given any youth product a breakthrough, you can argue Mctominay and Rashford but they kinda became regulars under Jose. add that to the fact that we hardly play attacking football I fail to see how Ole has this 'United DNA' that everyone loves talking about.

MileStolar

Exactly this, and it is not reflected on not playing youth only, but he's run many players to the ground when he could've rotated the squad. Even dead rubber games that we could comfortably see out, he would bring on Bruno/Rashford in the 2nd half even though they had played every single game before that one.

I love Ole and I think he's done tremendous job post Mourinho, but that fear of using and trusting squad players one of the things I could never understand.

the_cliff

Exactly this, and it is not reflected on not playing youth only, but he's run many players to the ground when he could've rotated the squad. Even dead rubber games that we could comfortably see out, he would bring on Bruno/Rashford in the 2nd half even though they had played every single game before that one.

I love Ole and I think he's done tremendous job post Mourinho, but that fear of using and trusting squad players one of the things I could never understand.
What makes it even more puzzling is the constant contract renewals for players that haven't even had a sniff. Why renew Bailly and try to renew Jesse when you'd rather play half fit players over them ?

Remember the geese

Yeah, I agree. I'm hoping the next manager will be brave enough to replace some of the current squad with a few youngsters.

Remember the geese

Fully agree. Rashford was playing through injury for a long time. It's not even a secret. Maguire too has clearly been rushed back far too quickly. I'm not certain that Luke Shaw has been fully fit this season either, although that may be wishful thinking on my part. You're right about Bruno too.

Yeah, Ole has done well to a point. Much like Mourinho did well to a point. I'd be interested to know what his issue is with Van de Beek. I don't think he's the greatest player in the world, but the players who are keeping him out aren't either.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Amad was ok, played a couple good passes but was largely isolated and played individualistic. Held on to the ball for far too long most of the time.

Our best play came in the 20-40th minutes where we dominated with Elanga, Shoretire, Hugill and Isak linking up fantastically on the left side. Really should have scored a couple during the spell and went on to rue not capitalizing on it.

BlahRules

Other than Mason he hasn't really given any youth product a breakthrough, you can argue Mctominay and Rashford but they kinda became regulars under Jose. add that to the fact that we hardly play attacking football I fail to see how Ole has this 'United DNA' that everyone loves talking about.

Nicky But insinuate Greenwood would have become first team player even by Mourinho and the reason why he couldn't is because he was 15/16.

Let's be honest Greenwood hasn't improved from his breakout season. If I'm honest he has regressed. His debut game I remember his off the ball was really good but now he always wants the ball to feet and shoot at the first chance he has without seeing a better opportunity for the team to score.

Currently to stay in the team is to moment's of brilliance not team work.

I remember this video of Ole telling the Molde players to shoot, shoot and shoot, instead of passing it to the goal. Maybe that's what he is telling the attackers.

BlahRules

Yeah, I agree. I'm hoping the next manager will be brave enough to replace some of the current squad with a few youngsters.
I doubt he will for a very long time when he needs results and has this obsession with a bloated squad.

laughtersassassin

Just scored for the 23s.

Needs the loan as he is miles too good for that level.

Legitimately he is good enough for a bench role for us but we are simply too stacked

Litch

Madness.....know idea what his pathway is to the first team.

Idxomer

2 goals and an assist today.

A shame we have a "manager" who has no clue how to utilize a talent like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.