Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Mata playing over him would be an atrocity
It would seem a bit pointless too, Mata's got nothing left to contribute and probably should've already left the club, we should've just let his contract expire in July. Amad's the future and it's about time we started giving some time to the future, as our academy production stagnated under Solksjaer.

Hoof the ball

The thing with Amad is that he was neither weak (he could ride physical challenges well), nor was his defensively lazy (he tracks his runners quite well), nor was he static (he presses efficiently). Ole had every chance to pick a guy who wasn't out of his element, and didn't. Plain and simple.

lex talionis

The thing with Amad is that he was neither weak (he could ride physical challenges well), nor was his defensively lazy (he tracks his runners quite well), nor was he static (he presses efficiently). Ole had every chance to pick a guy who wasn't out of his element, and didn't. Plain and simple.
Agreed. I'm thrilled we brought in Sancho, but we didn't have him last season at RW, a role Amad could have served in. Not as a regular starter, but he should have gotten a lot more minutes than he did. The more we look in the rear view mirror the worse Ole's management looks.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Might be difficult to shine in such a set up, completely unbalanced with players that barely play together vs a good team. Hope he shines ofcourse.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hopefully he will make full use of this chance and makes the squad regularly.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
He was injured and only recently returned to play at a time when the team was falling appart, it wasnt exactly a time to play the kids.

He plays today because this game is the perfect window to rest literally the entire first XI. I hope he has a great game.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He was injured and only recently returned to play at a time when the team was falling appart, it wasnt exactly a time to play the kids.

He plays today because this game is the perfect window to rest literally the entire first XI. I hope he has a great game.
The fact he was already going to be sent out on loan kinda shows he wasnt in Ole's plans anyway? Ole who was desperate to get Lingard and Mata's contracts renewed.

mav_9me

Could not agree more.

Should have minimal expectations today. Hopefully he impresses Rangnick enough to get more game time in the coming games.

Hoof the ball

I'm not referring to recent, but rather the entirety of his tenure. Good performances and contributions (decided goal vs. Milan) rewarded with zero minutes since (I think). I know there's mitigating circumstances and all, but man, look at the overall minutes he's played.

Amad has 285 minutes for the first team. It's inexcusable.

Morton has already had 320 minutes for Liverpool.
Harvey Elliott has had 250 mins before his injury.

This is just in four months!

There's no argument that can explain why Morton is getting more minutes in four months than Amad in almost 12 month period, especially given Amad's reputation as some prodigy who Ole apparently had been watching for some time.

gajender

The fact he was already going to be sent out on loan kinda shows he wasnt in Ole's plans anyway? Ole who was desperate to get Lingard and Mata's contracts renewed.
Not to mention losing complete season of development last year as well due to utter mismanagement .

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm not referring to recent, but rather the entirety of his tenure. Good performances and contributions (decided goal vs. Milan) rewarded with zero minutes since (I think). I know there's mitigating circumstances and all, but man, look at the overall minutes he's played.

Amad has 285 minutes for the first team. It's inexcusable.

Morton has already had 320 minutes for Liverpool.
Harvey Elliott has had 250 mins before his injury.

This is just in four months!

There's no argument that can explain why Morton is getting more minutes in four months than Amad in almost 12 month period, especially given Amad's reputation as some prodigy who Ole apparently had been watching for some time.
Our club considered him the best of his age group after Ansu Fati, and inexplicably never gave him a real shot in the team.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Spot on, and that last sentence can be extended to a few others too.

Pretty ironic it's Ole's insistence on selecting his favourites in a desperate attempt to cling onto his job, are the ones who got him sacked.

CraftySoAndSo

Big chance for him tonight. I feel his pace and directness could compliment sancho's playmaking abilities quite well in a 422 and also to give bruno a kick up the arse who's been out of sorts for a bit.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Many here seem to be suffering from ODS. (Ole Derangement Syndrome.)

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Ole definitely played it a bit too safe with amad. Not to the point where it’s disgraceful or anything else ott but he never took any risks when it was clear from the minute he touched down that u23s was a joke to him on a technical level. Hopefully it hasn’t stalled him too much. He’ll be raring to go tonight anyway that’s for sure! Next step for him is definitely a loan though. It has to be. He needs a full season as a starter somewhere to see if he becomes a skilful but passive player or if he takes control and starts showing that he can eventually go beast mode. Loan Swap with Dortmund in the Sancho deal would have been the business but I understand they have no interest in developing players for us or anyone else unless we are coming back paying major money. He’d be super for Dortmund or RBL.

Man Utd 1:1 Young Boys

Woodenlung

I think he played pretty well. He's young and really doesn't have that much experience at professional level, but he's a good decision maker regardless.

He's an excellent dribbler as shown by that mazy run in the second half and he also led off a good counterattack and picked out a good pass to create a.goal scoring chance.

He has flaws in his game obviously, but that'll only be rectified with consistent game time. He's a big talent and I really hope he makes it here.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Was easily our most dangerous attacking threat in the second half (which wasn’t saying much)… Elanga and Lingard did absolutely nothing once he came off. Should’ve hooked one of them instead really

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Need to revisit that Feyenoord loan and send him out there. He has talent, but needs to get accustomed to the pace of professional football, the physicality of professional football, and grow as a player. A loan to the Dutch league would make sense in that regard IMO.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Did some really good things and some really bad things.

But Elanga did nothing.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Did better than most out there. His pass to Shaw was superb. Technically a much better player than some of the others out there.

TSE123

Had some good moments, but was way to selfish most of the time. Bit tiring to see him run and dribble and then nothing. Could be much better in a game like this if he passed the ball earlier

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I really enjoy his football mind, he often sees options that are far from obvious and has enough ability to execute them. A bit like Sancho.

Badly needs playing time though to adapt to adult football (and, ideally, Rangnick's football but that's not happening, so a loan would be best).

arnie_ni

There's a player there. Would love him to get some more game time or a loan

Smores

Hope we see more of him off the bench, a dangerous player. His passing is excellent just need to work on his decision making at times, as you'd expect.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Flashes. We need to be in control of a game for him to have an impact at the moment.

Roboc7

Work in progress but little glimpses that he has a lot of talent and there is real potential there.

Status
Not open for further replies.