Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
With Ten Hag, he will need to improve physically...mean his stamina and conditionning. If he can do that, I hope he can impress during pre season.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
He's been unlucky on a couple of counts.

First, Rangers have been disjointed this season owing to the mid-season managerial change. We were getting over-run in midfield so it was his position that was sacrificed for a hybrid CM/RM. He's not been the only victim of that as Sakala and Lowry (who was outstanding in his only Premiership game this season in January) have not seen much action. Even more established players like Ramsey and Kamara have also spent much of the second half of the season on the bench such is the depth of competition for a couple of spots in the team.

Second, Rangers haven't reached a comfortable position in games very often. Usually due to goalkeeper error, games have been tighter than they should have been. So Amad never really got the breathing space to come on and tear it up. The scenario facing the manager was either hanging onto a narrow lead with 20 minutes to go, where his lack of tracking back is risky. Or the other scenario was trying to grab a winner where the opposition were parked in their box. That's where I'd like to have seen more of him, but sometimes his decision-making hasn't been the best when presented with those moments that become critical in the title race.

From what I've seen he looks to have a lot of potential. To realise that he'll need to play high up the park in a well functioning 4-3-3.

dubplate warrior

ETH is the ideal manager for his profile however as others have said its a question over whether his physicality will hold him back in the Premier League. His technique, intelligence and weight of pass might mean he has a transformative moment next season.

Let's bloody hope so.

saivet

Sounds like a bit of a disaster loan for him. 120mins played, 6 subs and he didn't make it on the pitch again Celtic.

JeffFromHK

how the hell we paid 30M for a teenager who only played 5 games in his professional career??? Whichever pulled the trigger for the transfer need to be investigated for potential corruption and bribery

led_scholes

how the hell we paid 30M for a teenager who only played 5 games in his professional career??? Whichever pulled the trigger for the transfer need to be investigated for potential corruption and bribery
People will tell you that its 18 + bonuses that will be paid if he actually becomes good, without realizing that even 18 million for a player who has never played professional football is too much still.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
People will tell you that its 18 + bonuses that will be paid if he actually becomes good, without realizing that even 18 million for a player who has never played professional football is too much still.
Think we paid roughly the same for Dalot after he only played 5 or 6 league games for Porto. It's no wonder we're in the state were in. Glad to see heads finally rolling after years of incompetency.

EdinburghDevil

RW is there for the taking as Sancho appears to be favoured on the LW. Not sure that he is the person who is going to grab the oppertunity, however.

I'd imagine 1 of Amad and Pellistri will get their chance with the 1st team next season and the other will be sent back out on loan.

ti vu

Think we paid roughly the same for Dalot after he only played 5 or 6 league games for Porto. It's no wonder we're in the state were in. Glad to see heads finally rolling after years of incompetency.
Dalot's run in Porto first team was cut short due to injury when he was on the way to establish himself. Dalot is kinda meh for us, Milan, Portugal NT, but he's an established first team player.

For Amad, the situation looks like he's struggling to establish himself in first team anywhere, beside any injury set back. If he's not be able to be useful as squad player, it would potentially end up as worse transfer of the two in the comparison.

Not sure ETH can find way to use him as he would have a mountain of issue to work with.

jesperjaap

Could be worse, look what we paid out for Martial and there have been others.

Would like to think one of him or Pellestri can establish themselves within the squad next season and who knows what happens with Greenwood (though a striker for me), but on one hand we are not as weak there as made out, Elanga has been ok on the right too....other side of the coin its mad how we have such talented youth players and for varying reasons not much faith any of them will make it

Woodenlung

Amad is starting for Rangers this afternoon in a much weakened side. They've made 8 changes from their last league game in anticipation for their Europa League fixture next Thursday.

Smores

Went to look on rangers forum to see how he did but it seems the talking point is he suffered racial abuse during the game ffs. What's wrong with people.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I wonder which Scottish team the two posters above support?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Annoyingly, he seems so behind in the pecking order that I can’t see him getting a whiff at coming off the bench in the final.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Is he cold?

How many scarves does one man need?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Knowing our luck now he’ll do really well for the next few games and start pushing for a permanent move :lol:

But really though he should go back there next season again if he really likes it. He should get a lot of football if he gets as fit/strong as they need him to be and he has a good preseason. Pity it wasn’t Celtic he went to. Would have been better to see him draped in the Irish colours instead.

Red Rash

Knowing our luck now he’ll do really well for the next few games and start pushing for a permanent move :lol:

But really though he should go back there next season again if he really likes it. He should get a lot of football if he gets as fit/strong as they need him to be and he has a good preseason. Pity it wasn’t Celtic he went to. Would have been better to see him draped in the Irish colours instead.
I'm a little disappointed that Rangers have given so few minutes especially since he seems to have out in some pretty decent performances when given a chance.

If I had the choice I'd probably prefer ETH to look at him in the summer (considering we will lose Pogba, Mata, Cavani, Greenwood and potentially Martial who have all played some time in the wide positions) to see if he is good enough to get some game time. If not id prefer him to join a bottom half of the table PL team to see what he can really do.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I'm a little disappointed that Rangers have given so few minutes especially since he seems to have out in some pretty decent performances when given a chance.

If I had the choice I'd probably prefer ETH to look at him in the summer (considering we will lose Pogba, Mata, Cavani, Greenwood and potentially Martial who have all played some time in the wide positions) to see if he is good enough to get some game time. If not id prefer him to join a bottom half of the table PL team to see what he can really do.
Ive a feeling if he stays here what will happen is what happened to him at Rangers this season. He’s just not ready to get that pressure at a club like Utd. If we get Antony he’ll be back up, maybe that’ll work but I’d rather him get a full season of football while he’s becoming fully grown. No saying how good he could be with strength and confidence. I’d hate to see him stagnate and get the chop here at the end of next season when he was always going to be a 5 year project.

SAF is the GOAT

Amad's goal and few other good moments in the game for him if you'll go into the post.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems like he had a decent performance. Hopefully he gets a start next game.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Am hoping he can make a push for an appearance in the final, would be good to see him in a high pressure situation again.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Hopefully he's done enough to get a Premier League loan next season. This move has been a mixed bag for him.

SAF is the GOAT

Really hope that he won't make the same cardinal mistake, like Pellistri did with Alaves, and stays there for another season at Rangers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.