5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

Shane we didn't keep him around. With how shit enerything went he probably would have got more minutes here.

See nothing in Elanga that tells me he is better than Amad other than the fact he is bigger but I don't see him using his body very well to be honest

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Keep him in the squad next season so we can focus on signing midfielders and defenders.

Trex

Like Sancho would shine in a system based approach, I'll like to see him among our forward options next season under ETH.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Shane we didn't keep him around. With how shit enerything went he probably would have got more minutes here.

See nothing in Elanga that tells me he is better than Amad other than the fact he is bigger but I don't see him using his body very well to be honest
They weren't kidding, 2 horrible challengers there straight away!

A great sign though that he didn't wilt, just brushed it off and got on with his game.

laughtersassassin

Another very good 45 minutes.

He won't play in the big games as GVB doesn't rotate but he is clearly very good.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Starts today vs Hearts as a false 9. Real impact and he could well be involved in the cup finals.

laughtersassassin

Starts today vs Hearts as a false 9. Real impact and he could well be involved in the cup finals.
I doubt he can earn a start just because GVB just kind of picks his favourites regardless of performance but he can likely earn a sub appearance or two for sure.

Been ending the loan very well. Just goes to show he just needed to be given a chance which he wasn't most of the time.

laughtersassassin

Rangers struggling/in third gear. Amad keeps trying give and goes but teammates letting him down and fecking up the pass back to him.

Ramsey is particular just had an awful last 5 minutes

Davie Moyes

I've not watched him at all at Rangers apart from followed this thread. Even if he finishes strongly at Rangers I want him back at Utd next season. No more loans. He has the talent and needs to be integrated into the team and squad alongside Hannibal.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Maybe if you don't have a clue about football.
One basic prerequisite for said clue in this instance is looking objectively at Sancho's performances this season and whether he justified the £70 million transfer fee.

Simple answer. He didn't. Not even close.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
One basic prerequisite for said clue in this instance is looking objectively at Sancho's performances this season and whether he justified the £70 million transfer fee.

You can still rate a player despite not living up to a high price tag though!!

Objectively speaking, Sancho has been one bright spark in an awful season for United.

Put it this way, if Diallo next season could have half the influence that Sancho has had this season then he'll be a first team regular.

Remember the geese

And yet if you view the player with a degree of nuance, rather than myopia, you may arrive at a different conclusion.

elnorte

Freaky fly day

Objectively speaking, Sancho has been one bright spark in an awful season for United.

Put it this way, if Diallo next season could have half the influence that Sancho has had this season then he'll be a first team regular.
Yes, obviously in a more general sense we have seen players move clubs and have difficult first seasons. In many of those cases we also already knew of their true quality having witnessed it previously when playing at a similar level.

In the case of Sancho, going from Dortmund in the Bundesliga to United in the Premier League is a highly significant step up and it's shown when he's looked so badly out of his depth with such regularity this season.

What this basically amounts to is our 'bright spark' this season being perhaps slightly less rotten than the rest of the absolute garbage he's been playing alongside.

Last edited:

Frank White

Jesus Christ that's sad. The fact people actually believe this is worrying and says a lot about where are standards are as a club atm. As for the 2nd part if Diallo's contribution is half of what Sancho has brought this season and he's in and around the first team we're in BIG trouble.

El-Manos

He’s in a very dysfunctional team, still managed to impress in plenty of games. I’d only rate Ronaldo’s performances over his out of our attackers. He has proven he’s a brilliant talent it’s up to the new manager to get him back to Dortmund level. Silly to not rate him but look each to their own. Dortmund demanded that price, not him by the way.

dutchred

I hope we don't buy Antony. Amad is very similar and under Ten Haag could develop into a very good inverted right winger

elnorte

Freaky fly day
He’s in a very dysfunctional team, still managed to impress in plenty of games. I’d only rate Ronaldo’s performances over his out of our attackers. He has proven he’s a brilliant talent it’s up to the new manager to get him back to Dortmund level. Silly to not rate him but look each to their own. Dortmund demanded that price, not him by the way.
It's not silly to have questions over his overall quality when looking at his performances for United this season since he hasn't actually impressed in plenty of games. Furthermore to say he's been our second best attacking player this season is hardly much of a commendation.

Of course when you look at his earlier Dortmund career then you'd be assessing him differently and probably at a higher level but as I say one has to take into account the disparity in quality between the leagues.

As to expectations for Sancho, Ten Hag or the club overall for next season, my advice would be to keep them seriously tempered.

Champ

Jesus Christ that's sad. The fact people actually believe this is worrying and says a lot about where are standards are as a club atm. As for the 2nd part if Diallo's contribution is half of what Sancho has brought this season and he's in and around the first team we're in BIG trouble.
What's worrying about it?
The fact that Sancho has actually been decent in spells this season, or the fact that you can't see that?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not from what I've seen from Amad. Antony can also be very frustrating ( like all talented players), and can also throw tantrums
Really? I thought Antony was Mane/Salah level fast. Amad isn’t exactly slow, but he’s not a wide attacker who’s a proper sprinter like those.

Champ

Yes, obviously in a more general sense we have seen players move clubs and have difficult first seasons. In many of those cases we also already knew of their true quality having witnessed it previously when playing at a similar level.

In the case of Sancho, going from Dortmund in the Bundesliga to United in the Premier League is a highly significant step up and it's shown when he's looked so badly out of his depth with such regularity this season.

What this basically amounts to is our 'bright spark' this season being perhaps slightly less rotten than the rest of the absolute garbage he's been playing alongside.
He hasn't looked out of depth at all.

But never mind, this is the Amad thread so Sancho talk should probably be in the Sancho thread.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
He hasn't looked out of depth at all.

But never mind, this is the Amad thread so Sancho talk should probably be in the Sancho thread.
To be fair you'd take a bullet for these players.

Status
Not open for further replies.