5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

phelans shorts

Rather than just pure talking to counter my statement what about provide evidence of your logic of why Amad unable to do it to counter my statement so we both can come into clear conclusion about it rather than going circle trying to argue. We are not talking about Angel Gomes's height and physicality here.
The evidence is simple biology. Some people find it more difficult to put weight on than others. It’s not some obscure suggestion that I’m the first person to raise, it’s a proven physiological fact. I even agreed with your larger point, so I’ve absolutely no idea why you’re trying to manufacture some disagreement.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
the gap between youth football and professional football is gigantic. Its a regular occurrence, that highly rated youngsters struggle to make the transition and end up in lower divisions. Its kind of pointless to predict how he is going to turn out one way or the other. The thing to learn from this is, that United had no plan what to do with him. Buying youngsters and sending them on random loan moves isn't a particularly successful strategy. Sending players on loan is fine, if its part of a longer strategy to develop a player, not some magic recipe. Young players need trust and stability.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The evidence is simple biology. Some people find it more difficult to put weight on than others. It’s not some obscure suggestion that I’m the first person to raise, it’s a proven physiological fact. I even agreed with your larger point, so I’ve absolutely no idea why you’re trying to manufacture some disagreement.
Yeah right not rocket sciense to call it biology but when I said evidence is an actual evidence like something written to read or something or video to see. No one is denying the fact some people find it difficult to put weight on which I used Angel Gomes as example but Angel Gomes is not the same as Amad Diallo, thus why I asked you to provide evidence of your statement if Amad Diallo is considered in the category of ''some people''. Without evidence, people can easily just say, based on simple biology and physio, hey it's not impossible for Amad type of body to gained more muscle last summer, the only people that unable to do so is someone like Angel Gomes's physical body. The evidence? Nothing just me calling it as simple biology and proven physiological fact.

phelans shorts

Yeah right not rocket sciense to call it biology but when I said evidence is an actual evidence like something written to read or something or video to see. No one is denying the fact some people find it difficult to put weight on which I used Angel Gomes as example but Angel Gomes is not the same as Amad Diallo. Without evidence, people can easily just say, based on simple biology and physio, hey it's not impossible for Amad type of body to gained more muscle last summer, the only people that unable to do so is someone like Angel Gomes's physical body. The evidence? Nothing just me calling it as simple biology and proven physiological fact.
My word you’re being dumb

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
My word you’re being dumb
I asked you evidence to prove it why Amad Diallo is considered to be in the category of ''some people'' and you can't prove it. Rather than insulting, just admit it you are just guessing that Amad Diallo is one of those people who can't put weight on.

phelans shorts

I asked you evidence to prove it why Amad Diallo is considered to be in the category of ''some people'' and you can't prove it. Rather than insulting, just admit it you are just guessing that Amad Diallo is one of those people who can't put weight on.
I literally did exactly that in the initial post you took some stupid umbrage with. You should probably have read all of the post.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I literally did exactly that in the initial post you took some stupid umbrage with. You should probably have read all of the post.
I already told you that your initial post is irrelevant because using David Silva as example is not evidence because no one know if he even tries to put muscle when he doesn't need to since his other games are not raw. You are referring to biology and physiological and yet no evidence about it. If you can't provide evidence then agree and disagree rather than insulting.

phelans shorts

I already told you that your initial post is irrelevant because using David Silva as example is not evidence because no one know if he even tries to put muscle when he doesn't need to since his other games are not raw. You are referring to biology and physiological and yet no evidence about it. If you can't provide evidence then agree and disagree rather than insulting.
I never once said Silva did or didn’t try to put on muscle. You’re trying to deflect than admit your original post had one moronic point (when I generally agreed with you! Mentioning Silva supported the point you were making!). Backing down is ok, doubling down when you balls up the point you’re trying to make is just Trumpian, own it. Nobody would think less of you for it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I never once said Silva did or didn’t try to put on muscle. You’re trying to deflect than admit your original post had one moronic point (when I generally agreed with you! Mentioning Silva supported the point you were making!). Backing down is ok, doubling down when you balls up the point you’re trying to make is just Trumpian, own it. Nobody would think less of you for it.
You acted like you are absolutely right by calling my opinion as ''load of bollocks'' and ''moronic point''. I'm okay with that if I'm actually wrong since all I want to know is a clarity what is right but the reason why I'm deflecting it is because you haven't prove yourself that your statement was right, so why should I admit it?

Therefore, I asked you, can you provide evidence of how Amad is considered to be in the same category of ''some people don’t put on mass easily''? Yes or No? That's all I want to know.

If you can then I will admit it. If you can't prove yourself right then there is no clarity what is right and what is wrong means what you said is just pure different opinion, so why should I admit it if I don't know that you are right. You have no authority to act like you are absolutely right by calling different opinion as ''load of bollocks'' and ''moronic point''. If you want to gain the right to do that, prove it, don't just talk.

Bondi77

We paid 73m for a player who was 2nd only to Mbappe with being the most productive player before aged 20 in any of the big leagues over the past 30+ years. He's a generational prospect as a creator... And he has the numbers and analytics to back that up in actual professional football, in a top 5 league. He doesn't need to have Rashford level pace to be a top player, he's plenty quick enough.

Amad was signed on the back of less than an hour of professional football, and has proceed to play basically no minutes in the year he was at the club, and then was a scarcely used sub in the Scottish League. He is of course talented, but physically he is lacking so much that he isn't even getting minutes in the Scottish League. Sancho is only 2 years older than Amad. 2 years ago, Sancho was Dortmund's best player and getting 20 goals and 20 assists in the season. There's a bit of a difference in levels there.
His Dortmund form counts for nothing now it is what he does in a Utd shirt that matters.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His Dortmund form counts for nothing now it is what he does in a Utd shirt that matters.
But we have to pay the fee based on what he did at pervious clubs, people are not from future to see what he will do at ManUtd to decide the fee.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sure. Are you making your judgment for Sancho based on a disaster season where the coaching was horrendous, squad building was horrendous, each and every player was horrendous? Guess Varane is equivalent to Phil Jones and Ronaldo isn't a CL level player then.

We bought Sancho because of what he showed combined with the age he showed it at. He showed this in the CL and the Bundesliga after being incredibly hyped as a youth product with 0 professional football first. Amad is at that stage of a lot of hype with next to 0 professional football (or at least, has not done much in limited professional football). Sancho is only 21 years old. He'll be fine. He already showed a decently long period of very good form where he is integral to any positive way of attacking, however for literally any player, you also need a team that is in a positive eb and is set up to accept the player and get the best out of them.

Bondi77

Sure. Are you making your judgment for Sancho based on a disaster season where the coaching was horrendous, squad building was horrendous, each and every player was horrendous? Guess Varane is equivalent to Phil Jones and Ronaldo isn't a CL level player then.

We bought Sancho because of what he showed combined with the age he showed it at. He showed this in the CL and the Bundesliga after being incredibly hyped as a youth product with 0 professional football first. Amad is at that stage of a lot of hype with next to 0 professional football (or at least, has not done much inin limited professional football). Sancho is only 21 years old. He'll be fine. He already showed a decently long period of very good form where he is integral to any positive way of attacking, however for literally any player, you also need a team that is in a positive eb and is set up to accept the player and get the best out of them.
That is fair enough and I have not written him off yet and as far as I am concerned he starts with a clean slate under a new coach next season.
He has had a full season in England now so he should know the physical demands so hopefully he steps up to the challenge.

Frank Grimes

We paid 73m for a player who was 2nd only to Mbappe with being the most productive player before aged 20 in any of the big leagues over the past 30+ years. He's a generational prospect as a creator... And he has the numbers and analytics to back that up in actual professional football, in a top 5 league. He doesn't need to have Rashford level pace to be a top player, he's plenty quick enough.

Amad was signed on the back of less than an hour of professional football, and has proceed to play basically no minutes in the year he was at the club, and then was a scarcely used sub in the Scottish League. He is of course talented, but physically he is lacking so much that he isn't even getting minutes in the Scottish League. Sancho is only 2 years older than Amad. 2 years ago, Sancho was Dortmund's best player and getting 20 goals and 20 assists in the season. There's a bit of a difference in levels there.
Very good post.

55titles

Supports
Rangers
As a Rangers fan, I’m surprised some still think Diallo can make it at United. Bellingham is a year younger than him. That's the kind of player you guys should be looking at if you want to compete at the top again, one of the best players we have come up against in Europe. Another standout we came up against was only 21 at the time and he's just about you sign for Liverpool. Diallo isn't even in their league.

BlahRules

As a Rangers fan, I’m surprised some still think Diallo can make it at United. Bellingham is a year younger than him. That's the kind of player you guys should be looking at if you want to compete at the top again, one of the best players we have come up against in Europe. Another standout we came up against was only 21 at the time and he's just about you sign for Liverpool. Diallo isn't even in their league.
Every time he had played for the first team he was always good and impactive. I am not sure why he did not perform well for Rangers but he has a lot of potentials. If ETH gives him the chance I believe he will flourish.

Drainy

So all young players develop at the same rate and no player that isn't already world class at 21 can ever play for an elite club. Right.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Both of those players are immense physically. Amad will take far longer to develop.

55titles

Supports
Rangers
So all young players develop at the same rate and no player that isn't already world class at 21 can ever play for an elite club. Right.
I didn't say ever, I had next season in mind. But I wouldn't say it's looking great in terms of making it at the elite level. Needs a good Championship loan next season.

Jezpeza

Both of those players are immense physically. Amad will take far longer to develop.
over the years players like Scholes, Zola, Modric, Messi and so many more have proved its not all about being a physical monster.

Diallo and Pellestri are two players who could provide wing options for us (and we are short there) and I am sure will be assessed pre season. Pellestri is a curious one because he has not been playing for Alaves but has been for Uruguay and playing well for them. Going forward I would like to see us develop this bracket of player in house rather than sending them to play at the bottom Of La Liga fodder or in the SPL. I think we now have a coach who can develop this type of player and that for me is exciting

Stacks

Every time he had played for the first team he was always good and impactive. I am not sure why he did not perform well for Rangers but he has a lot of potentials. If ETH gives him the chance I believe he will flourish.
he maybe scored 2 goals but he wasn't really special at anything. They were decent cameos but his overall performances have gotten better in the minds of fans as time has passed. He didn't come across as an exciting youngster when he played

Conor

Amad didn’t stand out in the Scottish League. He isn’t good enough, simple as that.
Was he given a proper chance, though? These things can be all about momentum for young players, look at Rashford, for example.

BlahRules

he maybe scored 2 goals but he wasn't really special at anything. They were decent cameos but his overall performances have gotten better in the minds of fans as time has passed. He didn't come across as an exciting youngster when he played
Amad has been unfairly not been used even when he had performed for Ole. He hasn't played consistent football for nearly two years. I am sure if he gets football next season be it at loan he will perform.

Amad has good technique and footballing brain is why I believe he will be a very good player.

RuudtheRed

I don't think he's good enough at first team level. Think Pellistri has more potential

Stacks

Amad has been unfairly not been used even when he had performed for Ole. He hasn't played consistent football for nearly two years. I am sure if he gets football next season be it at loan he will perform.

Amad has good technique and footballing brain is why I believe he will be a very good player.
firstly, why is it unfair?
secondly why do you think he hasn't been used?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
over the years players like Scholes, Zola, Modric, Messi and so many more have proved its not all about being a physical monster.

Diallo and Pellestri are two players who could provide wing options for us (and we are short there) and I am sure will be assessed pre season. Pellestri is a curious one because he has not been playing for Alaves but has been for Uruguay and playing well for them. Going forward I would like to see us develop this bracket of player in house rather than sending them to play at the bottom Of La Liga fodder or in the SPL. I think we now have a coach who can develop this type of player and that for me is exciting

People love to mention likes of Messi and Scholes when it comes to physicality not being a major issue but they were the best of their generation or the best of all time level footballers.

brother ant

People love to mention likes of Messi and Scholes when it comes to physicality not being a major issue but they were the best of their generation or the best of all time level footballers.
Nobody could even get close to these two that’s why, they was always two steps ahead

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I still have belief in him. Clearly talented, and I’d love to see him in a ‘size doesn’t matter’ team that focuses first and foremost on touch and movement. He’s only about to turn 20 next month. Will be his first pre-season with us this year, and I look forward to seeing him under the new regime before a decision is made on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.