5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

over the years players like Scholes, Zola, Modric, Messi and so many more have proved its not all about being a physical monster.
They can't be compared to Diallo and Pellistri though. Have you seen the hamstrings from Modric? They all have a low center of gravity and are quite stocky. Diallo and Pellistri are rather tiny.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I hate this PR shit. So he's putting in the hours. Good for him. And then what.
I hope he makes it but this twitter crap gets to me. Do it on the pitch and leave twitter to the bluffers
I think you’re the issue here

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Amad is a very level head boy who is humble, patient, puts in effort, and has talent. I really hope it comes together for him and he makes it.

kopviolator

there's quite a big gap between hating something and enjoying it

they call it not giving a feck you should try it some time
what now? Very well, I admit I dont hate pointless twitter feeds on a biblical scale rather that I find them ridiculous and not helpful, especially given the clubs standings. I can see there are those who enjoy this and I dont hate that either. Rather I dont give a feck.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Let me guess he's injured while kicking about with his mates on holidays, that should be the actual explanation for this thread bump?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
what now? Very well, I admit I dont hate pointless twitter feeds on a biblical scale rather that I find them ridiculous and not helpful, especially given the clubs standings. I can see there are those who enjoy this and I dont hate that either. Rather I dont give a feck.
Sure

Stadjer

Must have been reading redcaf since he is on the redcaf path. Needs a loan, needs to bulk up.

Did one, doing the other. He is almost ready!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
tbf its the social media generation. That's how they roll.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I hope he makes it but this twitter crap gets to me. Do it on the pitch and leave twitter to the bluffers
"PR" :lol:

For some reason caf is obsessed with that word. It's players personal social media account, what do you want him to post? Taking cooking classes?

Caesar2290

I've seen him play a couple of times. He just looks that he has that X factor about him. I have a good feeling about this lad.

I think by the end of the season he might be pushing for a place in the starting XI.

sglowrider

By being who I am, nice guy, I will post this for your benefit -- no Twitter but a Youtube vid of what the kids are doing before the pre-season training starts. Enjoy.

That's what 5-10% of body fat looks like. Hard work

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
By being who I am, nice guy, I will post this for your benefit -- no Twitter but a Youtube vid of what the kids are doing before the pre-season training starts. Enjoy.

Going by caf standards, these kids and senior players should shut up and stop posting videos, or maybe they should post videos of practising pressing whatever that means :lol:

sglowrider

Going by caf standards, these kids and senior players should shut up and stop posting videos, or maybe they should post videos of practising pressing whatever that means :lol:
Or learn from Uncle Pat and just make entertaining videos. Raw chicken anyone?

sglowrider

That’s nice to see. Hope he keeps developed more and getting stronger.
I think the loan up at Rangers will have taught him a thing or two -- you have to pick yourself up quickly after a bad loss and not take anything for granted. I think getting the #9 jersey wasn't a good move by GvB. A kid would let that get to his head and think he was a certain starter.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
So much nonsense talked online about young players. All players develop at different rates. It’s so daft to compare anyone to previous players. People are inherently unique. What’s isn’t in question is that hard work will always yield results. Amad has a lot of talent, whether he’s good enough, none of us know. But if he works really hard then he’s going to give himself the best chance possible of making it. He’s been hugely rated at youth level, but like every young player, making that leap is a huge step. You just never really know.

I think he falls into that category of unknown in our squad. He seems as likely to end up being great, as he does an almost forgotten byword. I can’t read it at all. I’ll be really interested to see how preseason goes for him, and if he stays, what ETH can get out of him and turn him into. There’s a reason we paid 19m for him. There is something there. If it’s enough, no one on here knows. And anyone claiming to, is just talking shit, like they always do.

In a perfect world we’d stop hyping young players up to the high heavens based on youth performances or a game or two, and we’d stop writing them off when they hit a sticky patch. It’s a never ending cycle and alway shows up the posters who really have no clue about either football or human psychology. It’s just knee jerkism.

My favourite example is Darren Fletcher. A player who was always good nearly from the moment he broke through. Initially hopes were huge, blend of Beckham and Scholes some people said. Then he didn’t do anything show stopping, and he became a target of people’s vilification. And then slowly but surely he became a central member of the team, to the point where people blamed our first CL final loss to Barca on Fletcher being suspended. He was that vital.

But the reality was that he had a fairly steady development curve, improving incrementally year on year. His highs were never as high as people hyped, and his lows never ever close to the abuse people sent his way. He broke on to the scene and was a good player, and he gradually became a very good player.

It’s pretty sickening the way most of our young players get talked about on here. The next to suffer it will be Hannibal. You can already see him being hyped up last season as better than a full Brazil international, despite playing a handful of minutes. As being framed as the answer to all midfield problems. And when he starts getting regular games, how do you think people will react when it turns out he isn’t the reincarnation of Xavi, and that he probably needs a season or two or three of regular first team football before he really starts to look the part?

I lived in Spain when Xavi broke through, and I remember Van Gaal having to defend him by saying he was the future of the club, because Barca fans were on his back so quickly, saying he was slow and shit. I guess it’s just human nature. We want it all now, no one wants to wait. Every player has to be ready to go at a high level at 17 a la Fabregas or Messi.

city-puma

So much nonsense talked online about young players. All players develop at different rates. It’s so daft to compare anyone to previous players. People are inherently unique. What’s isn’t in question is that hard work will always yield results. Amad has a lot of talent, whether he’s good enough, none of us know. But if he works really hard then he’s going to give himself the best chance possible of making it. He’s been hugely rated at youth level, but like every young player, making that leap is a huge step. You just never really know.

I think he falls into that category of unknown in our squad. He seems as likely to end up being great, as he does an almost forgotten byword. I can’t read it at all. I’ll be really interested to see how preseason goes for him, and if he stays, what ETH can get out of him and turn him into. There’s a reason we paid 19m for him. There is something there. If it’s enough, no one on here knows. And anyone claiming to, is just talking shit, like they always do.

In a perfect world we’d stop hyping young players up to the high heavens based on youth performances or a game or two, and we’d stop writing them off when they hit a sticky patch. It’s a never ending cycle and alway shows up the posters who really have no clue about either football or human psychology. It’s just knee jerkism.

My favourite example is Darren Fletcher. A player who was always good nearly from the moment he broke through. Initially hopes were huge, blend of Beckham and Scholes some people said. Then he didn’t do anything show stopping, and he became a target of people’s vilification. And then slowly but surely he became a central member of the team, to the point where people blamed our first CL final loss to Barca on Fletcher being suspended. He was that vital.

But the reality was that he had a fairly steady development curve, improving incrementally year on year. His highs were never as high as people hyped, and his lows never ever close to the abuse people sent his way. He broke on to the scene and was a good player, and he gradually became a very good player.

It’s pretty sickening the way most of our young players get talked about on here. The next to suffer it will be Hannibal. You can already see him being hyped up last season as better than a full Brazil international, despite playing a handful of minutes. As being framed as the answer to all midfield problems. And when he starts getting regular games, how do you think people will react when it turns out he isn’t the reincarnation of Xavi, and that he probably needs a season or two or three of regular first team football before he really starts to look the part?

I lived in Spain when Xavi broke through, and I remember Van Gaal having to defend him by saying he was the future of the club, because Barca fans were on his back so quickly, saying he was slow and shit. I guess it’s just human nature. We want it all now, no one wants to wait. Every player has to be ready to go at a high level at 17 a la Fabregas or Messi.
well said really!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
well said really!
What I also wanted to add, but forgot, was how so many greats didn’t even look the part until they were well into their 20s. Now we somehow expect it all so soon. I understand that football has evolved into a younger man’s game. Athleticism, pace, and power have become more and more prized assets, but it hasn’t changed that much.

Scholes and Iniesta, two of the best midfielders of their generation - any generation really — weren’t even first team regulars until they were 22 or 23. Nowadays we are ready to throw players on the scrap heap who aren’t pulling up trees at 21. Scholes spent his first couple of years 20-22/23 in and out of the team and half the time as a striker. He really didn’t start hitting the heights we know of him until he was 24 and beyond. The same for Iniesta. Zidane was playing with Bordeaux until he was 24. He didn’t get called up by France until he was 22. Imagine being told United are pursuing a top player from the French league who is 24. People would be saying, “how good can he be if he’s still in France at 24?” Pretty fecking good.

The point is that expectations and reality are often vastly different. I am sure there are many more salient and accessible examples than the three legends I have cited, but the point stands. People expect too much far too soon. Young players careers get crushed. 20 is still very very young in the grand scheme of football, whether the internet experts will let you believe it or not. The Fabregas’s of this world are the exceptional exception, not the benchmark.

Mainoldo

What I also wanted to add, but forgot, was how so many greats didn’t even look the part until they were well into their 20s. Now we somehow expect it all so soon. I understand that football has evolved into a younger man’s game. Athleticism, pace, and power have become more and more prized assets, but it hasn’t changed that much.

Scholes and Iniesta, two of the best midfielders of their generation - any generation really — weren’t even first team regulars until they were 22 or 23. Nowadays we are ready to throw players on the scrap heap who aren’t pulling up trees at 21. Scholes spent his first couple of years 20-22/23 in and out of the team and half the time as a striker. He really didn’t start hitting the heights we know of him until he was 24 and beyond. The same for Iniesta. Zidane was playing with Bordeaux until he was 24. He didn’t get called up by France until he was 22. Imagine being told United are pursuing a top player from the French league who is 24. People would be saying, “how good can he be if he’s still in France at 24?” Pretty fecking good.

The point is that expectations and reality are often vastly different. I am sure there are many more salient and accessible examples than the three legends I have cited, but the point stands. People expect too much far too soon. Young players careers get crushed. 20 is still very very young in the grand scheme of football, whether the internet experts will let you believe it or not. The Fabregas’s of this world are the exceptional exception, not the benchmark.
Give abit of context. League’s were different. It’s like saying in 1996 the Prem was the best league in the world. Half the French team played in France and Italy which is where Zidane moved to.

Players under 23 like Kluivert, Seedorf and Davids made big money moves to the best league’s similar to how football is today.

We still have players like Bowen and Grealish that develop at similar rates to your Paul Scholes.

I wouldn’t say much has changed we are just in a more social media world.

Glorio

Give abit of context. League’s were different. It’s like saying in 1996 the Prem was the best league in the world. Half the French team played in France and Italy which is where Zidane moved to.

Players under 23 like Kluivert, Seedorf and Davids made big money moves to the best league’s similar to how football is today.

We still have players like Bowen and Grealish that develop at similar rates to your Paul Scholes.

Doesn't negate the gist of his post though, does it? (I'm aware you're not disagreeing by the way)

Players develop at different rates, and a lot of them come into their own well into their 20s.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports

Right. Agreed. Kind of supports the point I was making. Football hasn’t changed that much. Kluivert, Seedorf and David’s were all part of that Ajax team that is still remembered as being iconic to this day. Even though they only stayed together a couple of seasons. Because they were so good but mainly because they were so young. Kluivert moved to Milan at 21, only stayed a year after largely flopping, and Seedorf moved to Sampdoria at 19. Davids to Milan at 23. The point being, players mature at different rates and it is more the exception than the rule that players are top class before they turn 22/23. Which is why it’s so strange that people expect so much from our young players and get angry and abusive when they aren’t world beaters at 20. Or even worse turn into good or useful players rather than a generational talent (a phrase used way too much).

Diallo was already getting comparisons to Messi when we signed him. Managers abused for not playing him. A year later he’s on loan at Rangers and people say he’s complete crap. A waste of time and money. How anyone can go from one extreme to another in 18 months is anyone’s guess. The reality is probably somewhere in the middle. He needs time. No one on here knows how good he will be, but the extreme hyping or the complete writing off - as though they know anything about how good he is at all - just makes the poster look impetuous and immature. It’s not good for our young players either.

I don’t expect anything to change, I just hate the cycle.

STYLOISRED

A man isn't allowed to post on his own social media without it being some kind of PR stunt??
You guys need to feck off.

Red Rash

Really surprised to see people writing off Amad so soon. He is clearly very talented and even though he isn't playing at a Haaland, Mbappe, Bellingham type level doesn't mean he can't be a good player for us.

He is clearly too good for the under 23s and needs a good season of first team football to get him ready. I think he was hard done by at Rangers and generally performed very well but just wasn't favoured by them.

I'd like to see how he does in Pre Season so ETH can judge him and considering our lack of right winger options / five sub rule for next season he may feel he can get chances.

If not it would be great to see him have a loan in the Premier League to assess how ready he really is.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Good post

Stacks

I still have belief in him. Clearly talented, and I’d love to see him in a ‘size doesn’t matter’ team that focuses first and foremost on touch and movement. He’s only about to turn 20 next month. Will be his first pre-season with us this year, and I look forward to seeing him under the new regime before a decision is made on him.
I've seen him play a couple of times. He just looks that he has that X factor about him. I have a good feeling about this lad.

I think by the end of the season he might be pushing for a place in the starting XI.
Haven't seen it any time I have seen him play. Just doesn't excite me. He doesn't seem to possess any stand out attributes.

That's what 5-10% of body fat looks like. Hard work
Elanga looked incredible.

Jordan_mufc

Pretty embarrassing to get so riled up about a young player trying to better himself and improve his physique.

So what if he wants to share it on his social media. He is free to do as he pleases. Would you rather he does what Grealish is currently doing atm?

Mainoldo

Right. Agreed. Kind of supports the point I was making. Football hasn’t changed that much. Kluivert, Seedorf and David’s were all part of that Ajax team that is still remembered as being iconic to this day. Even though they only stayed together a couple of seasons. Because they were so good but mainly because they were so young. Kluivert moved to Milan at 21, only stayed a year after largely flopping, and Seedorf moved to Sampdoria at 19. Davids to Milan at 23. The point being, players mature at different rates and it is more the exception than the rule that players are top class before they turn 22/23. Which is why it’s so strange that people expect so much from our young players and get angry and abusive when they aren’t world beaters at 20. Or even worse turn into good or useful players rather than a generational talent (a phrase used way too much).

Diallo was already getting comparisons to Messi when we signed him. Managers abused for not playing him. A year later he’s on loan at Rangers and people say he’s complete crap. A waste of time and money. How anyone can go from one extreme to another in 18 months is anyone’s guess. The reality is probably somewhere in the middle. He needs time. No one on here knows how good he will be, but the extreme hyping or the complete writing off - as though they know anything about how good he is at all - just makes the poster look impetuous and immature. It’s not good for our young players either.

I don’t expect anything to change, I just hate the cycle.
Yeah totally agree. I think the problem here is you don’t spent £19m on an 18 year old who’s not going to show promise until 23.

Which is also something I hate. Big clubs trying to speed up the process. Buying a Wayne Rooney or in recent cases Joao Felix I totally understand, but kids like Amad should really be at Atalanta trying to build his profile. Just based on what he’s shown so far.

Born2Lose

Feel genuinely sorry for this lad, the club has really let him down since he signed for us. There's no doubt he has talent and I hope he gets a chance to show if he's good enough next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.