2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

bring my starboy back

Last edited:

goalscholes

I think it is very doubt ful, but the Championship is extremely thight. Everyone are beating everyone, think Blackburn at 3 in the table have a zero goals for/against difference.

The fascinating thing is that in general — of the team playing “good” football, they are often on average worse than in other leagues, and of the teams that play a simplistic style of football — they are better than in the average league. And then you have all the teams that play something in between a style aimed to dominate and a style aimed at just sending long balls up the pitch. Looking at a “typical” PL season of the last 10 years, it’s like the Everton and West Ham’s regularly finishing ahead of the Arsenal and Chelsea’s.

A team like Watford can have a pretty complete team with some real edge in it and play an offensive brand of football, and still camp out in the middle of the standing. Swansea is a Pep unsourced possession team. Teams like Blackburn, Reading and co are just heavy set and never looks good, but still gets point. Classic 3-5-2 teams, often two heavy strikers (Andy Carroll is the smaller of two strikers often for Reading). I think that both Middlesbrough and QPR are good, fairly well balanced, teams. Not the least for their wingbacks including Laird for sure, Boro got Ryan Giles who is a standout in the Championship, don’t think it’s absurd to compare his impact on Boro with Hernandez impact on Milan. Norwhich and WBA play OK too.

But like this year, there is just 5 pts between 4th and 15th. It’s nothing. Blackburn is 3rd in the stands, won 14 and lost 12, scored 30 and let in 30. After Sheffield U and Burnley, there is literary 15 teams competing for 4 PO spots. They play 46 games. Like the PL plus a group stage of the CL. It’s really hard to bet on who will get top 4.
Watford are only mid table because they have a ridiculous injury crisis. I think they have something like 6 CMs currently injured, as well as probably the best forward in the league.

They’d be challenging for the automatics otherwise.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

bring my starboy back
That's very impressive. Good to see him having a great loan spell. He should be in the first team squad next season.

Some of the pieces of play is like watching David Silva.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Antony won‘t play every minute of every game. Amad can also play AM, so maybe some of Bruno’s minutes. If he’s good enough, he’ll find a way into the team.
He is good but lacks experience. So why waste the opportunity to play full time somewhere else for now -- rather than getting only minutes every week at best next season.

TsuWave

Is there an unwritten rule that all football highlight videos must have unbelievably fecking shite music attached?
Song is actually amazing to be honest. I’m sure there’s someone out there making football comps to Wonderwall or The scientist or whatever you may like. A bit pointless complaining about it - you could take charge and make comps with your playlists

Rojofiam

Who's minutes will he take next season if he's brought back?
Probably be a bench player who can play in Bruno's or Antony's position and offer something different. He's quality but I don't think he's an out and out winger. Would be somewhat wasted there. Also won't be a nailed on starter as long as Bruno is here and performing, unless he becomes an absolute phenomenon...which he might, but probably won't. Nevertheless, like I said: I think next season he will be getting playtime as a rotational option for Bruno and Antony. And he offers something different to those 2 in both positions.

So I have high hopes for Amad. He'll be 21 too by then, having played a season in England and Scotland each to get used to the physical levels of British football.

Reynoldo

Song is actually amazing to be honest. I’m sure there’s someone out there making football comps to Wonderwall or The scientist or whatever you may like. A bit pointless complaining about it - you could take charge and make comps with your playlists
Fact! Came for the highlights but stayed for the song to be honest.

Glorio

I think amad has a higher ceiling than Antony. But feel it's too soon.
I agree with you. I feel Antony will start to show more as time goes on but Amad has that obvious, special natural talent. The kind that feels like a real loss to football if he doesn't fulfill his promise.

What Antony has going for him at this stage of his career is very impressive intensity off the ball - whether in defence or attack, he's close to running at full pelt, and I feel he's a big reason we've been solid defensively. That intensity is something that Amad isn't going to match right now. In fairness, I think very few offensive players ever match that.

However, I feel if Amad can avoid big injuries and get the benefit of games (as he's getting now) to help him develop some physicality and more senior minutes under his belt, he'll be a world beater - he skips past players with ease and his touch, passing, vision, are unreal.
I genuinely think he can challenge next season.

Glorio

Fact! Came for the highlights but stayed for the song to be honest.
I do feel he's begging for a WyClef Jean Diallo song.
I mean the chorus of the actual song starts with "Diallo! Diallo!" such a natural fit :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ole'sgunnarwin

I really don't get this give him time narrative. We're in a good spot to get top 4 currently but are extremely light in forward positions. We're still in 4 competitions.

He's been excellent this season, I'd consider him taking Antony's position already. He can also play as a CAM. It doesn't look like we're signing anyone.

This place seems to love our loanees to stay out for years. He's been on loan for 2 years more or less. If he doesn't come back now, we'll sign more attacking players in the summer and he's down the pecking order again. Bring him back now, no way he won't get a lot of game time.

El Jefe

:lol::lol: imagine referring to NY state of mind as unbelievably fecking shite music.

NoPace

I really don't get this give him time narrative. We're in a good spot to get top 4 currently but are extremely light in forward positions. We're still in 4 competitions.

He's been excellent this season, I'd consider him taking Antony's position already. He can also play as a CAM. It doesn't look like we're signing anyone.

This place seems to love our loanees to stay out for years. He's been on loan for 2 years more or less. If he doesn't come back now, we'll sign more attacking players in the summer and he's down the pecking order again. Bring him back now, no way he won't get a lot of game time.
We don't have a 2nd RW, so there's space for him, though Sancho is around too. I'm rooting for Sancho, but the whole forward line makes so much more sense if we sell him to another Prem team and use the money on a star #9:

Rashford(Garnacho)------Striker(Martial)------------Antony(Amad)

and then either promote a forward as the 7th guy who gets an odd game in the cups or bench apperance, or keep a miserable Pellistri around or hope one of Elanga, Hansen-Aaroen, Shoretire, McNeill or another youngster pops, or just bring in some random 3rd striker on a free or very cheap punt from a small league. Bruno will also play some minutes out right when we're holding on to a lead. City have only played Cole Palmer for 108 minutes in the league this year, feels like a youngster could fill that role if they got to play in their favored position. Might also be some 17 year old Eredivisie player than Ten Hag wants we can get cheap.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
I day we bring back to back up Bruno next year and move on Vdb. Doesn't have the pace to excel out wide, but great touch and pass selection, think he would excel in the right half space.

laughtersassassin

Eh hasn't he only had about a year worth of loans?

Half a season at Rangers and Half at Sunderland no?

I don't disagree with your post but the hasn't been on Loan 2 years.

Anyway in terms of next year we should be signing strikers and not wingers. Amad can then come in as a backup up for Antony and a replacement for VDB.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

It's give him time so that he can continue his development. What use is bringing him back to be behind Bruno who plays every game, or in the front line where he would be behind Rashford, Martial, Antony, Sancho when he returns and Garnacho? A player at Amads age just needs to play. And he won't play enough here.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
The more this season goes on, the better his decision making and calmness on the ball seems to have developed. Certainly looks less raw than before. His weight of passing and the way he glides past defenders is a joy to watch.

ATXRedDevil

Probably be a bench player who can play in Bruno's or Antony's position and offer something different. He's quality but I don't think he's an out and out winger. Would be somewhat wasted there. Also won't be a nailed on starter as long as Bruno is here and performing, unless he becomes an absolute phenomenon...which he might, but probably won't. Nevertheless, like I said: I think next season he will be getting playtime as a rotational option for Bruno and Antony. And he offers something different to those 2 in both positions.

So I have high hopes for Amad. He'll be 21 too by then, having played a season in England and Scotland each to get used to the physical levels of British football.
Agree on all points. If he’s the primary backup to both Bruno and Antony, he should get plenty of game time. Think he’s ready for those roles next season.

sglowrider

Agree on all points. If he’s the primary backup to both Bruno and Antony, he should get plenty of game time. Think he’s ready for those roles next season.
Bruno rarely comes off. And will he start ahead of a 80millioon quid winger?

sglowrider

The more this season goes on, the better his decision making and calmness on the ball seems to have developed. Certainly looks less raw than before. His weight of passing and the way he glides past defenders is a joy to watch.
I think that's partly the case of his Sunderland teammates being static and wanting the ball to their feet. They are running into space now a lot more which suits his style

the_cliff

If Donny's injury is bad (which it looks) I wonder will that mean he'll get recalled
Was just going to post this. Antony out injured, DVB possibly long term and Martial seems to be in and out.

I reckon we recall him.

Stadjer

Would be a shame to recall him if he isnt going to get a lot of minutes... I suppose those minutes depend a lot on Sancho coming back quickly or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.