Amad Diallo image 16

Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea-Cow

I think you're overrating him quite a bit.

Bottom half clubs:

Chelsea - Sterling/Joao Felix
Palace - Olise
Leeds - Aaronson
Wolves - Sarabia
West Ham - Bowen
Everton - Iwobi
Forest - Johnson
Bournemouth - Ouattara
Leicester - Maddison/Tete/Iheanacho (they rotate so much the RW that's it's hard to know how's the starter there).
Southampton - Elyounoussi

I'd say besides Bournemouth there's no clear team in which he'd be easily a starter. With most teams having better players than him in his position at this point.

He sures has the potential, but saying he'd start for most bottom table teams is simply not true.
Difficult to say really on most of these lads you listed.

But I am fully confident in saying that Amad is better than Aaronson at Leeds. Miles better, in fact.

Dve

He's doing what we want for out loanees: Play on a lower level and shine. Not go to a lower level and be ok-ish and next, hope to start for us. He's most needed in the squad next season, covering both for Antony and Fernandes. He could work well with Fernandes, interchanging positions.

Telsim

It's the Championship, so looks can be deceiving, but he seems like someone who can keep the ball and pass the ball. A rare quality in the current squad.

Swedish_Plumber

Looks like he knows he’s the man at Sunderland. Wants the ball all the time and anywhere.

Really hope he can step up and be that man here.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Looks like he knows he’s the man at Sunderland. Wants the ball all the time and anywhere.

Really hope he can step up and be that man here.
That’s pretty much the exact opposite to what Mowbray recently said about him.

"A wonderful talent but he’s quite a shy kid who never puts himself really forward, he never peeps up and says why didn’t you do this, why aren’t I getting the ball here, I should be getting it more.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Seemed like he wanted a lot of it tonight anyways. I’m just happy he’s doing well really
Didn’t get to watch the full match, so I’ll take your word for it. They’ve talked about this with Mowbray so perhaps he’s improving that side too!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm really glad he's doing well. Some posters were writing him off at the start of the season, expecting him to hit the ground running like its a video game. He's missed some vital time playing first team football, it was always going to take a little time

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Really hope we send him on loan again next season... Last thing he'd need is to come be a bit part player. Needs to play weekly at a big league next.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Really hope we send him on loan again next season... Last thing he'd need is to come be a bit part player. Needs to play weekly at a big league next.
Think it would be stupid to do that considering how underwhelming our attackers have been this year outside of Rashford and a bit of Garnacho. Along with the fact that we have 0 Bruno cover.

RC89

I hope he can come in and give Antony some serious competition because at the moment, he doesn't seem to have any.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think it would be stupid to do that considering how underwhelming our attackers have been this year outside of Rashford and a bit of Garnacho. Along with the fact that we have 0 Bruno cover.
Have to think along what's best for Amads development and not selfishly for Uniteds short term future. We have Antony, Bruno, Rashford, Sancho, Garnacho who are all ahead. We will add a striker which means Rashford will play always on the wing barring injuries. Amad will be limited to random sub appearances and random cup games. Bruno has an impeccable fitness record. I get that it's tempting to bring him in, but that's bad a stupid thing to do for his development. He's at a very important stage in his career and if we bring him in and reduce him to a bit part role as he's not ready to be a serious role for United, then you're killing his development. He needs to push on from this season with another good loan at a higher level now. He has some excellent games, but it's not like he is the best player in the championship. His talent is stand out, but he needs games to show it, he needs to play at the highest level and show he can stand out as a player there. He will never learn with limited game time being an impact sub.

Amad is somebody who has elite potential, but he could easily not reach it. Bringing him back early and halting it is a sure fire way that he won't, as with him it's learning to stand out with his technical qualities in more intense competition on a regular basis. He won't learn that with limited minutes and he'd probably end up being relatively ineffective if he came right in. The championship isn't the prem.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Have to think along what's best for Amads development and not selfishly for Uniteds short term future. We have Antony, Bruno, Rashford, Sancho, Garnacho who are all ahead. We will add a striker which means Rashford will play always on the wing barring injuries. Amad will be limited to random sub appearances and random cup games. Bruno has an impeccable fitness record. I get that it's tempting to bring him in, but that's bad a stupid thing to do for his development. He's at a very important stage in his career and if we bring him in and reduce him to a bit part role as he's not ready to be a serious role for United, then you're killing his development. He needs to push on from this season with another good loan at a higher level now. He has some excellent games, but it's not like he is the best player in the championship. His talent is stand out, but he needs games to show it, he needs to play at the highest level and show he can stand out as a player there. He will never learn with limited game time being an impact sub.

Amad is somebody who has elite potential, but he could easily not reach it. Bringing him back early and halting it is a sure fire way that he won't, as with him it's learning to stand out with his technical qualities in more intense competition on a regular basis. He won't learn that with limited minutes and he'd probably end up being relatively ineffective if he came right in. The championship isn't the prem.
100% agree.

He was like 3 goals in 13 appearances for Rangers. Now at Sunderland, he's on 34 appearances with 11 goals with another 5 games left in the season. There has been a gradual improvement with more appearances he has made -- albeit a mini-winter break thrown in by Mowbray.

Getting more confident and much more willing to take the bull by its horn in terms of playing now at Roker.

I see him eventually as a Bruno replacement -- someone who you want to use to progress the ball. He will be one of the few in teh current team who is that technical and very comfortable on the ball.

If he goes back to United next season, how many appearances/games can he be expected to have -- 5 starts and 15 sub appearances? That won't help his long-term career at United.

I do expect Bruno to play less next season but not enough to let Amad get sufficient game time under his legs/belt.

Last edited:

Bondi77

100% agree.

He was like 3 goals in 13 appearances for Rangers. Now at Sunderland, he's on 34 appearances with 11 goals with another 5 games left in the season. There has been a gradual improvement with more appearances he has made -- albeit a mini-winter break thrown in by Mowbray.

Getting more confident and much more willing to take the bull by its horn in terms of playing now at Roker.

I see him eventually as a Bruno replacement -- someone who you want to use to progress the ball. He will be one of the few in teh current team who is that technical and very comfortable on the ball.

If he goes back to United next season, how many appearances/games can he be expected to have -- 5 starts and 15 sub appearances? That won't help his long-term career at United.

I do expect Bruno to play less next season but not enough to let Amad get sufficient game time under his legs/belt.
If he gets a fair crack in preseason I have evey confidence that he will prove to be a better player than Antony so we will see where it goes from there.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If he gets a fair crack in preseason I have evey confidence that he will prove to be a better player than Antony so we will see where it goes from there.
He has a higher impact/potential than Antony on the team's performance ie I think his ceiling is much higher than Antony's.

But when ETH paid that much for Antony, he is unlikely to be dropped or afford Amad a higher preference or opportunity over Antony barring injuries.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
As great as Amad has been, credits have to be given to Mobray too.

So many loans have failed because managers were happy to use loan players as covers instead of giving them a proper role in the first team.

Bondi77

He has a higher impact/potential than Antony on the team's performance ie I think his ceiling is much higher than Antony's.

But when ETH paid that much for Antony, he is unlikely to be dropped or afford Amad a higher preference or opportunity over Antony barring injuries.
That is the thing though isn't it
We can see that with Antony and Sancho we are not going to get to where we want to be but the club has made a huge investment in them and it will just depend if Erik is going to persevere with them and for how long.

skeelz

I hope he can come in and give Antony some serious competition because at the moment, he doesn't seem to have any.
I think the only serious competition he may have is possible ETH's resistance to play him over his 100m signing.

jeepers

I’m sure he has a place in the team next season, as backup to Bruno and Antony. It’s whether it’s more worthwhile for his development to remain at the club or to go out on loan as a key starter somewhere else. I’m excited to see him with us next pre-season to see what EtH thinks and is planning for him.

Hackman2210

Looks different class at that level. He’s a 10 though isn’t he? Another year on loan would be the best thing for him. Prem for sure.

Olecurls99

The lad is ready to compete for a place. If he was here right now he would be 1st choice backup for Bruno and would be pushing Antony for his place too.

Imagine after all of Antony's wasted shots on Wednesday we had this lad to come on. He'd be starting today I guarantee.

Enough with the loans. Get him back

Baneofthegame

Unless he can get a PL loan, I'd keep him with the squad, could be first backup for Antony/Bruno and would probably play 20 games here.

Smores

Honestly think it'd be better to send Sancho out on loan to try fix him and then give those minutes to Amad.

Onerealunited

Honestly think it'd be better to send Sancho out on loan to try fix him and then give those minutes to Amad.
That is some of the smartest I’ve heard here. Sancho could really use a loan somewhere else and this could either give us back a Sancho that can show why he should play or make it easier for us to sell him the year after

Abraxas

I lean towards this as well. Unless he will get football week in week out, or play a proper squad role (not 15 bit part games a season, but coming in for many European games, most cup games and a serious option in the league) then it's important he continues this progress elsewhere at a club we vet very well for suitability. I think some lower PL clubs, even mid table will be queuing up.

I doubt if the manager has even made a decision yet. He might have a tentative idea but I'm sure he'll want to see how he ends the season and whether he can really press his case, and maybe he'll want a look at him in preseason.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good to see him playing so well, it's not just goals/assists, it's his general play and how good his passing, weight on passes is. He makes it so easier for the player receiving the pass.

He is developing well, hopefully he will be part of first team squad next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.