Amad Diallo image 16

Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrcaFat

He will return with 2 years left on his contract, and we probably won’t renew immediately until he plays a full season with us which will leave only a year left on his deal.
Why is it better to renew now than in a year’s time?

El Jefe

I won't be totally against another loan, especially Burnley.

Watching Amad its clear to see he has incredible talent but there are things missing in his game that will make it hard for him to get the game time we feel he deserves.

He's still a player that is a bit lightweight and can struggle to get himself involved in games. He seems to only play with intensity or show interest with the ball at his feet. Playing in the Championship and PL is a completely different world, especially for us so a PL loan may get him even more ready to eventually start for us.

OrcaFat

If you read my earlier post properly then you may find out?
I think you said we should renew now because we probably won’t renew it in a year. I don’t understand that logic. Why not just renew in a year because we probably won’t renew it now? Am I missing something?

In a year, he will effectively have two years left. Why not wait until then. Let’s say he goes on a year loan to Burnley, if we wait until after that we will have more evidence to base our decision on. He might struggle terribly in the Prem or might be great. Either way, we’ll still have two years on his contract. All options will be open. Why offer a new deal now when we’ve barely seen him play at this level?

-Supreme-

I think you said we should renew now because we probably won’t renew it in a year. I don’t understand that logic. Why not just renew in a year because we probably won’t renew it now? Am I missing something?

In a year, he will effectively have two years left. Why not wait until then. Let’s say he goes on a year loan to Burnley, if we wait until after that we will have more evidence to base our decision on. He might struggle terribly in the Prem or might be great. Either way, we’ll still have two years on his contract. All options will be open. Why offer a new deal now when we’ve barely seen him play at this level?
Great if we renew it when he comes back after his loan but it’s also very possible that we assess him next season to see how he gets on with us but by then he will have a year left on his contract.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I’d like him to succeed here and would probably deep down prefer to see him play minutes for us next year but realistically he’s not going to be given many opportunities as we seem to prefer experienced options and we have two of them in his position, so he’s probably better off going on loan again. If he were to take Pellistri’s minutes it would feel kind of pointless to have him here and I just cannot see ETH giving him anything more than that next season.

luke511

I’d like him to succeed here and would probably deep down prefer to see him play minutes for us next year but realistically he’s not going to be given many opportunities as we seem to prefer experienced options and we have two of them in his position, so he’s probably better off going on loan again. If he were to take Pellistri’s minutes it would feel kind of pointless to have him here and I just cannot see ETH giving him anything more than that next season.
There’s been countless times we could’ve done with Amad coming off the bench to make a Garnacho like impact on the right, the final being one especially. His potential impact for us, like Garnacho, should be considered if we want to improve our chances of winning. He’s better than Sancho and potentially better than Antony.

Bondi77

He looks more suited to the physical side of the game than Sancho does after his loan and I reckon we may be better off loaning out Sancho until he starts to toughen up.

Alfie092

I hope he gets a chance during pre-season to play both as a RW and as a #10.

Lee565

Considering we are chasing mount, would we not be better off giving diallo a go qnd save ourselves 40-60 million, diallo has done more at 20 years of age than mount had at the same, it was only a few season back that mount was playing for Derby, so if he can be deemed good enough after a spell in the championship why not diallo who had more of an impact in the championship than he did?

Idxomer

He very likely will be our only left-footed winger during pre-season.

flappyjay

Considering we are chasing mount, would we not be better off giving diallo a go qnd save ourselves 40-60 million, diallo has done more at 20 years of age than mount had at the same, it was only a few season back that mount was playing for Derby, so if he can be deemed good enough after a spell in the championship why not diallo who had more of an impact in the championship than he did?
They play different positions. Mount will either play as a 10 or an 8. Amad will play right wing and maybe one day he can play as 10 too.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Mount had a massive impact in the Championship with Derby and had an unbelievable season with Vitesse before that.

Diallo has had one good season so far, it's a big risk to give him 'a go' and not sign someone better when we need to be progressing this season.

OrcaFat

There’s been countless times we could’ve done with Amad coming off the bench to make a Garnacho like impact on the right, the final being one especially. His potential impact for us, like Garnacho, should be considered if we want to improve our chances of winning. He’s better than Sancho and potentially better than Antony.
I think you’re jumping the gun with Amad based on games in the championship. The evidence that he’s as good as Sancho isn’t there yet.

Best we can hope for is he spends preseason and the first few weeks of the season with us so he can show what he can do among the squad and against better players.

Red Rash

Regardless of the topic mentioned above I think this can be a big year for Amad. He was great by all accounts for Sunderland and I think even at Rangers looked decent when given a chance but Van Bronckhorst just didn't play him enough.

The thought of having the speed and directness of Garnacho on the left and the guile and creativity of Amad on the right is pretty exciting especially if we decide to move Rashford to a more central position.

OrcaFat

Regardless of the topic mentioned above I think this can be a big year for Amad. He was great by all accounts for Sunderland and I think even at Rangers looked decent when given a chance but Van Bronckhorst just didn't play him enough.

The thought of having the speed and directness of Garnacho on the left and the guile and creativity of Amad on the right is pretty exciting especially if we decide to move Rashford to a more central position.
We should definitely have a look at him in preseason and try to give him some minutes in August. I’m worried he will struggle to get involved against better opposition but hope I’m wrong.

Dannn411

If he is given a truly fair shot at RW, he will be the starting RW by the first day of the season.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I won't be totally against another loan, especially Burnley.

Watching Amad its clear to see he has incredible talent but there are things missing in his game that will make it hard for him to get the game time we feel he deserves.

He's still a player that is a bit lightweight and can struggle to get himself involved in games. He seems to only play with intensity or show interest with the ball at his feet. Playing in the Championship and PL is a completely different world, especially for us so a PL loan may get him even more ready to eventually start for us.
Will he get enough playing time at Turf Moor?

Redstain

Reckon he could do well next season. This summer feels like a situation where Hojlund comes in and Marcus is relied on as a centre forward. In any event that United don't get a clinical striker (Kane / Osimhen) a winger who can contribute 15 goals / assist in all comps over a season is vital.

If ETH actually does go with a 4-3-3 with Mount as an advanced 8 I'd like to see the wide players playing more on the inside to assist the striker with the fullbacks providing more width. The 4-2-3-1 requires more direct wingers, that's why Sancho and Antony have been heavily criticised they are in too many situations being isolated with the opposition fullbacks which doesn't suit their strengths.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Cue the meltdown about how EtH should be starting him, how he's better than Antony etc etc....

gajender

Cue the meltdown about how EtH should be starting him, how he's better than Antony etc etc....
I have no idea what future holds for Amad but after following transfer rumours and other news related to Utd for a while , I sure as hell know that we shouldn't even be giving passing glance to any thing coming from paper like Mirror let alone have meltdown over it .

dazjoe

With talk about Sancho's future, surely you'd think Amad would stay if Sancho is sold, and get the minutes Sancho was going to get next season. If Sancho stays and acts as main competition to Antony, with Rash and Garnacho on the left then makes sense for Amad to go on loan, in the Prem and to a team that plays good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.