Amad Diallo image 16

Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThanksBoss26

Mowbray was Blackburn manager when Elliott went there from Liverpool and did well. Think he had a couple of other loan successes as well.

flappyjay

Should go two years to Dortmund.
This lad needs games, we turned down Sheffield United last year where he would have gotten much needed game time. If he goes to Sunderland injuries permitting he could get upto 40 games, that's more than he has played so far in his career.

Alemar

So some guys say he is an attacking manager, others think he is as defensive as it gets…

Adnan

Talent Spotter
So some guys say he is an attacking manager, others think he is as defensive as it gets…
It depends on the players he has at his disposal. He's utilised a possession based attacking play style where his team was averaging 57% possession and he's also reverted to playing on the counter attack. It all depends on the players you have.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Seems like Sunderland are recruiting a number of young French speaking players which can only help Amad settle into his new surroundings.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
So much hype around this fella but I just don't see it. I would be astounded if he makes it here

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The guy that use to manage West Brom. Are they taking the pi££. He’s as defensive as they come.
Tell me you know absolutely nothing about that manager without telling me you know absolutely nothing.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Seems like Sunderland are recruiting a number of young French speaking players which can only help Amad settle into his new surroundings.

My first thoughts when reading about the loan was "they don't even have a manager, are we trying to sabotage his career" but this makes a bit more sense now. It really has to be a great move for him at this stage of his development.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Was hoping he'd end up someplace better , oh well.

Wish him the best , he certainly has the talent and seems to be a nice kid.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Amad is really small and weak, but Elanga is also a piss take, couple of times he tried to get past a player over the weekend and he was brushed aside like a feather. Amad in comparison goes into more duels and is more evident how weak he is.
Antony is 1cm taller than Amad according to google.

sglowrider

I think he will light up the championship if he can stay fit and become more aggressive.
Watching him play at Rangers I always got the feeling that he was on a different wavelength to the rest of the players. Once he had the ball, the other players didn't seem to know what his next move was or they were running in straight lines or static in other times.

He has a different rhythm when he was in the U23s. Hannibal, Shola etc would have anticipated his next move and moved into the spaces.

jem

That’s good. Hopefully impresses and he gets a permanent move.
Any reason for giving up on him? Ideally he’d have a productive loan spell and return to United ready to contribute

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Really hope he kick starts his career again. After all that initially hype and the huge fee nothing seems to have clicked for Amad despite him seeming to be very talented.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Any reason for giving up on him? Ideally he’d have a productive loan spell and return to United ready to contribute
I just don’t really see it. There’s nothing about his game that screams top level.

Drainy

Amad still is quite slight, though surprisingly strong for his size. Its hard to write him off at the moment but he needs football now.

avgp_1

It won't be an easy loan. They have Patrick Roberts and Clarke as their wingers and that's not where they struggle. Pritchard is their best players so even #10 position is not available. Could be used across the front 4 so probably will be used for his versatility

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Their owner is French and has links to French football.

Not sure why this would help Amad though, he's been learning English for the last two years so am sure he's pretty decent by now!

The Purley King

Needs to knuckle down and get a good season under his belt.
If he plays only a handful of games again that will most likely be him finished here.
Should be bossing the championship, getting goals, assists and making an impact.
Odds are against it from what I can see but would be very happy to be proven wrong

Bojan Djordjic

He's only 1cm shorter than Antony but looks more solidly built.
Don't know if it's necessarily his physique that's the issue with Amad. He's quite small and slight but he uses his body well in contact and is good at tracking back. I think an area he needs to improve is his aggression and intensity during games. Has the mini-Berbatov about him in that he's effortless on the ball but just needs to be a bit more alert and show some intensity in his pressing and off ball running.

sglowrider

Don't know if it's necessarily his physique that's the issue with Amad. He's quite small and slight but he uses his body well in contact and is good at tracking back. I think an area he needs to improve is his aggression and intensity during games. Has the mini-Berbatov about him in that he's effortless on the ball but just needs to be a bit more alert and show some intensity in his pressing and off ball running.
He needs time. One of the more technically skilled players we have.

Bojan Djordjic

He needs time. One of the more technically skilled players we have.
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm in the pro-Amad camp but I have been trying to work out why its not working for him because he's immensely gifted but there's a reason he wasn't getting selected for Rangers and for United despite having decent production in the few opportunities he's received for both clubs.

sglowrider

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm in the pro-Amad camp but I have been trying to work out why its not working for him because he's immensely gifted but there's a reason he wasn't getting selected for Rangers and for United despite having decent production in the few opportunities he's received for both clubs.
He's a Sancho-type winger. He needs players to play cute one/two passes to create space & opportunities. You saw that in the U23s.
But at Rangers, he was playing with players who didn't understand him or were just more agricultural in their approach.

Quite different to your Antony who will create space off his own individual flair or off underlapping defenders.

SAFMUTD

Antony is 1cm taller than Amad according to google.
Didn't believe it so I actually google it and it turns you're right. Amad is 1 cm smaller than Antony and 2 cm smaller than Lisandro.

It must be the complexion then, because he looks small as hell.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Their owner is French and has links to French football.

Not sure why this would help Amad though, he's been learning English for the last two years so am sure he's pretty decent by now!
He may well have been learning English but having a French speaking team mate of a African ground can only help him settle in quicker imo.

Litch

Never understood this signing, what did Utd expect? Did they think he was gonna grow 10 inches and fill out like the Rock? This was always going to be his body shape….

MrBest

Never understood this signing, what did Utd expect? Did they think he was gonna grow 10 inches and fill out like the Rock? This was always going to be his body shape….
If he was to end up being a number 10, he wouldn't need 10 inches. Some wingers are also not huge. The boy needs minutes before we decide on him. His talent is very clear, he just has been mismanaged since he got here.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Presumably, like somebody like Lingard before him, they hoped he would fill out and learn to use his body better by his early twenties but also would just graft and take any opportunities given. He's not done badly but you need to do a bit more than "not bad" to get into teams chasing for honours.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I really hope he goes on a loan and gets plenty of minutes, because he is in a age were he needs to take the next step if he is supposed to play for Man United in 1-2 year. Right now it seems that he is "to good" for the youth teams but not good enough, or at least not strong enough, to compete with PL players.

Another thing is that i still cant figure out why we decided to spend around 21m euros + 20m in add-ons on a 18 years old winger who had played 35min for the first team for a smaller club in Serie A. I do understand that he was scouted from clubs all around Europe, and that he was highly ranked among talents in Europe and that other big clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal, PSG etc also showed intresse, but non of them were prepared to pay that kind of money for him.

Did we have a plan for him when he arrived? Was he supposed to fight for a place in the starting eleven? Or was he meant to start in the U23s? Was he supposed to spend the next 1-2 year on loan? You could assume that we hoped that he could take a place in the first team when we were to spend over 40m with add-ons but he has never been given a real chance over time, at least give him 20-30 min for like 10-15 games like we did when Ronaldo joined for a high fee at a young age.

We also signed Pellistri who is yet to get his first minutes for the first team.

Ghostrider318

We payed 37m (?) between him and Pellistri and I dont see a plan by the club for either of them. Nor do I see them breaking into the first team. The amount of money we've pissed away is astounding

Status
Not open for further replies.