Amad Diallo image 16

Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertd0803

On the bench for Sunderland. Ideal.

Still irritating that we left him go there of all places.

AussieDevil

Sunderland striker Ross Stewart picked up an injury before the match, so there will be more opportunities in the forward line for Diallo.

Looked like he didnt have the greatest debut going off social media comments but apparently Sunderland were shite as a whole.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Sunderland striker Ross Stewart picked up an injury before the match, so there will be more opportunities in the forward line for Diallo.

Looked like he didnt have the greatest debut going off social media comments but apparently Sunderland were shite as a whole.

Like the player who shall remain unnamed (PWSRU) he needs to bulk up in the right places and bob's your uncle.

Frasbul

everclear is a cool band. yeah they still exist.

I watched the game. I thought he was very decent. Unlucky not to get an assist as well.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He got 17 minutes + 3 added on in the end, was played as a false 9 and genuinely looked lost.

Mejbri is getting the same treatment tonight with warming the Birmingham bench.
Sunderland play a 3-5-2 under Mowbray - haven’t got a clue where he fits in other than up top in that system. All summer to find him a loan where he desperately needs to play and this is what they decided on.

Swedish_Plumber

No point in having a heralded academy/ signing youth when we can’t provide talented players a stepping stone if they’re not quite ready for first team action. We’re shite at loaning players.

Not saying everyone we loan out was/is capable of making it here but we really don’t help ourselves.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Aimed too high for him again. Should be in league 1 playing regular games or a weaker league abroad.

pascell

Sunderland play a 3-5-2 under Mowbray - haven’t got a clue where he fits in other than up top in that system. All summer to find him a loan where he desperately needs to play and this is what they decided on.
I expected nothing less from whoever decides the loans at the club, look at the previous loans across the board. How many players have had consecutive successful loans? Even Garner was sent to Watford before returning back to Forest after struggling, then there's Laird who was doing very, very well at Swansea, pulled and sent to Bournemouth to warm the bench.

Whoever decides them is fecking clueless and a huge reason why the transition from youth team to first team is like a mountain to climb, even when we've spent the last few years in the wilderness.

Don't get me started on Pellistri either.

CM

It's a shame Amad got that injury just before the summer deadline last summer because I feel a loan to Feyenoord and Eredivisie would've been far more suitable for him than the ones to Rangers and Sunderland where there is far more of a premium on robust, physical players. If he's going to be restricted to cameos off the bench again for most of the season this feels like another fairly pointless move for him.

Mickson

What's with the negativity? He was very good when he came on and should've had an assist. I'm sure he will play a lot. It's just his second game, and he has played in both.

Idxomer

He hasn't actually performed badly in any of his appearances in the last year except for that game against Celtic. Whenever he plays, he either creates chances or gets some decent ones himself. This has been the case even with United in his very few games with us.

Managers don't trust his physicality or intensity which is why he doesn't play more. He needs a club to buy him and invest some time in developing him by giving him consistent game time. The move to United was the wrong one for his career.

Red00012

Move him on with Pellestri at the end of the season. Absolutely terrible signings . Almost 200 Million spent on wingers since these 2 were bought says enough .

Ekeke

What does it say about Amad and Pellestri?
Certainly that the fuss about Amad when he signed wasnt warranted. If he really was the best player to have played against our youth teams it would be a bit surprising. I didnt expect to see Pellistri in the first team, but with the finances of the Amad deal and saying he was our best young opponent, we seemed to be building him up as someone special. Now it looks like he could be a good player eventually, with plenty of experience and improved attitude as he matures but he could also be a washout if he doesnt prove himself in the championship and then to a premier league level.

Mickson

Excellent cameo once again. Should've had an assist if not for the receiver (stupidly) being offside on his cross. Involved in Sunderland's equalizer as well. I think he'll start the next game.

Abraxas

Christ lads, let's not panic just yet. The Championship is a long, hard season. If he stays fit he will get chances, it's inevitable. He just has to impress when they come around.

If he'd have stayed here he'd have got no football at all most likely.

OrcaFat

When I’ve seen him he looks quick witted but lacking physical pace, anyone seen more of him and can set me straight on that?

He reminds me of Raheem Sterling just now but I wonder if he can develop into a traditional 10.

Fabio Rochemback

When I’ve seen him he looks quick witted but lacking physical pace, anyone seen more of him and can set me straight on that?

He reminds me of Raheem Sterling just now but I wonder if he can develop into a traditional 10.
Nah I agree, looks to have a really good eye for a pass and very good close control but gets pushed around way too easily.

Drizzle

Don't get that comparison. Sterling has always been good at taking defenders on and driving into the box. Amad strikes me as more of a technical player, clever passer and quick feet. But he doesn't have the power or pace to get past players or even hold them off.

OrcaFat

Don't get that comparison. Sterling has always been good at taking defenders on and driving into the box. Amad strikes me as more of a technical player, clever passer and quick feet. But he doesn't have the power or pace to get past players or even hold them off.
Yeah, I haven’t seen enough of him really. He has that low-centre-of-gravity thing and looks to have a sharp turn and I suppose being cast as an exciting winger expected to succeed from a young age. Probably that’s where the similarities end.

The lack of pace is why I’m doubting that winger is his best position.

AussieDevil

Reminds me of Sancho.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Imo he hasn't got that straight-line speed like a Rashford but he is one of those who is fast with the ball.

Stadjer

It's a shame Amad got that injury just before the summer deadline last summer because I feel a loan to Feyenoord and Eredivisie would've been far more suitable for him than the ones to Rangers and Sunderland where there is far more of a premium on robust, physical players. If he's going to be restricted to cameos off the bench again for most of the season this feels like another fairly pointless move for him.
That Feyenoord loan would have been fantastic for him. Feyenoord reached the final of the conference league and had a goodt season (the reason they sold basically all of their players this year). Arne Slot (Feyenoord manager) is also an excellent manager. I also feel like the Dutch league is more based on developing young players than the Scottish league is.

I do worry for Amad. He clearly has talent, he has shown that even during some of his Manchester United first team games but will he ever get a chance at Manchester United again after signing a lot of wingers?

dinostar77

So I’m plastic because I know 2 players aren’t good enough ?
Take a day off for yourself
They are young and have time on their side to develop. Look at chelsea for an example. Young salah and debryne were cast aside as not being good enough. Utd develop talent. It takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.