Amad Diallo image 16

Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don’t see us recalling him. He’s doing great but it is league 1. Let him carry on.

Stadjer

Sancho just need to accelerate his recovery programme
Well no, Sancho needs to take as much time as he needs but Sancho his issue isnt an operation where you can put an estimated recovery time on. If Sancho comes back next week than Amad should just stay on a loan. If Sancho will need this season to recover than recalling Amad is a good option.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Diallo starting as a false No 9 again. He and Roberts will surely rotate a lot.

Stewert is on the bench for Sunderland, but the average age of the rest of the bench is like 12 y/o (slight exaggeration, but by the sound of it it wasn’t much over 17…).

Our transfer target “wonder kid” Chris Rigg, who is just 15 y/o, is on the bench for Sunderland.

Last edited:

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Lovely pass by Amad for 2-1 in the 94th, they were down 1-0 in the 91st. :)

Mingus

Sunderland behind at 90mins then get 2 in time added on. Amad with the assist for the 2nd.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Very good game by Diallo from my point of view. You can definitely tell that he has played a ton of football lately. The focus and quality isn’t there all the time. A missed shot here, a missed dribble there. Of course nothing odd there, but definitely part of the process to learn just how much of a toll men’s football take on you and the level of focus and concentration is required to keep playing at such a high level game after game.

TheReligion

Abusive
If we can leave him alone at Sunderland we should do. Let him have the season there. Tempting to get him back I know but this is important for his development and he’s clearly relishing the game time .

Bringing him back now as a bench option isn’t good for the young chap

yfoFC

Had an injury time assist to win the game for Sunderland..

For those who watched the game, how was his overall play?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
6 goals and 2 assists in 12 his last 12 games (this number being his first full 90 minutes). All whilst being Sunderland’s best or at the very worst top 3 player on the pitch in basically every match. Really good stuff so far.

mav_9me

Not sure if you can watch it in UK.

Anyway the assist was nothing special. Simple pass to midfileder on the edge of the box who then had a clean shot to goal.

MileStolar

I find it very weird the way he reacts to the injury time winner. It's almost as when Ronaldo's teammate scores a goal and he's jealous. Amad was the one who got the assist even

NoPace

If we can leave him alone at Sunderland we should do. Let him have the season there. Tempting to get him back I know but this is important for his development and he’s clearly relishing the game time .

Yeah, I don't see it. I think Ten Hag would just play Fred over him anyways when Bruno or Eriksen is out, and there's Sancho to come back at some point.

Bondi77

We agree for once...I knew we would get there eventually ;)

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I hope he will be the one challenging Bruno (or Antony) for their starting place next season.

justsomebloke

Anyway the assist was nothing special. Simple pass to midfileder on the edge of the box who then had a clean shot to goal.
That looks to me like a classic example of an advantage a player creates by already having made the opposing defence fear him. He gets the ball on the edge of the box, shuffles the ball around a bit on his foot, and what does the defence do? They back up into their box, the whole line. This is what creates the space for Amad to hit that pass. And they do that because they think he's going to try to dribble and they obviously aren't confident about going out to challenge him. You don't see that so often.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I find it very weird the way he reacts to the injury time winner. It's almost as when Ronaldo's teammate scores a goal and he's jealous. Amad was the one who got the assist even
Amad didn't really look that focused the whole game to me. Played ok but was in and out of the game, perhaps he was a bit tired or there was something off field bothering him?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

If you want to totally simplify it you could say that.

TsuWave

Guy's playing silky, champagne football, around lumberjacks and hatchet men

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

That assist was for a 94th minute winner as well. Obviously his technique looks like a PL quality player against League One cloggers because it is, but the composure from him in that situation really stands out. Good stuff.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

If you look at the players around Amad, there is a lot more off-the-ball movement. They are certainly more aligned with his skillsets now. Passing and moving into space unlike the start of the season when they all seemed to have wanted the ball to their feet and standing around. As a result, they are playing silkier football and Amad's ''decision-making'' is much faster.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
That assist was for a 94th minute winner as well. Obviously his technique looks like a PL quality player against League One cloggers because it is, but the composure from him in that situation really stands out. Good stuff.
So far he never seems rushed. Its the rest of the players who are catching up to his way of playing.

Teja

His weight of passing is always on point. I think Ten Hag will love him.
I'm actually kinda concerned that Ten Hag will actually not love him because he doesn't play the typical 4-3-3 with two interiors like City, Barca etc do. His best position seems to be that Pedri, Iniesta, Bernardo Silva type role as the CM in a 4-3-3.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
I'm actually kinda concerned that Ten Hag will actually not love him because he doesn't play the typical 4-3-3 with two interiors like City, Barca etc do. His best position seems to be that Pedri, Iniesta, Bernardo Silva type role as the CM in a 4-3-3.
Understand that, but he does seem to be playing a similar (better?) style to Antony. Could be a rotation option RW.

3KDré

I can see what you mean. But this type of player fits Ten Hag to the tee with his passing and ability in tight areas. I could see him playing 10 or even false 9.

dutchred

I can see what you mean. But this type of player fits Ten Hag to the tee with his passing and ability in tight areas. I could see him playing 10 or even false 9.
I think that next year and maybe the year after he will fight with Antony for the right wing. After that I can see him replacing Bruno. I think he is now better defensively than Bruno

Status
Not open for further replies.