Amad Diallo image 16

Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Sunderland is playing Fulham in FA cup next round. Would be a good game to see where is he in terms of development.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I'm actually kinda concerned that Ten Hag will actually not love him because he doesn't play the typical 4-3-3 with two interiors like City, Barca etc do. His best position seems to be that Pedri, Iniesta, Bernardo Silva type role as the CM in a 4-3-3.
To be honest, we know nothing on how ETH wants to play. He has been only here for some months . I think he would love to have this kid back next year .

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
His footwork is top class. I think he has a number of levels he can get to, including the very top.

The Sunderland loan looks good for him.

surf

Just goes to show that players who don't stand out physically need time to get used to playing first team football. Let him develop at this own pace this season with Sunderland.

Olecurls99

Just goes to show that players who don't stand out physically need time to get used to playing first team football. Let him develop at this own pace this season with Sunderland.
Great loan for him. He should get a go next year as either backup for Bruno or competition for RW. I think he could challenge Eriksen too actually.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Sunderland lost 3-1 today. Although a man down after 18 minutes. Don’t suppose anyone has a match report for wee Amad?
3 own goals and then sent off after 18 minutes.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Sunderland lost 3-1 today. Although a man down after 18 minutes. Don’t suppose anyone has a match report for wee Amad?
Watched the 2nd half he seems to anticipate his next move never dawdles on the ball. Exciting future but needs to stay the rest of the season there playing at least.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Watched the 2nd half he seems to anticipate his next move never dawdles on the ball. Exciting future but needs to stay the rest of the season there playing at least.
He's an intelligent player. Watch jack Clarke on the other wing. Loves to take on players for the sake of it and lands up in some cul de sac.
Amad is very economical in his movement and passing.

Idxomer

He's an intelligent player. Watch jack Clarke on the other wing. Loves to take on players for the sake of it and lands up in some cul de sac.
Amad is very economical in his movement and passing.
Ever time I watch Sunderland Clarke makes me tear my hair out :lol:
Glad I'm not alone here, the most frustrating player I've watched this season.

Patrick Roberts is very good though and has a nice understanding with Amad.

sglowrider

Ever time I watch Sunderland Clarke makes me tear my hair out :lol:
Yah... Was shouting at the telly. And I rarely do that! Wtf are you doing?!! Or words to that effect.
And amad's a couple of years younger but has such a mature, controlled game about him. He just needs to get more active like pressing if he wants to play for ETH. He does that occasionally but not consistently enough.

dutchred

It's a shame his loan to Feyenoord didn't go through because of the injury. If that had happened we would never have bought Antony. he would be our right winger with Pellestri as backup

Thiagoal

Seems crazy that we’re so short of attacking options while Amad tears it up in the championship

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's a shame his loan to Feyenoord didn't go through because of the injury. If that had happened we would never have bought Antony. he would be our right winger with Pellestri as backup
Yep, I’ve said the same thing a few times. Just so fecking annoying because he quite literally got injured a few days before the move was meant to finalise!

Roboc7

Huge potential, be interesting to see what we do with him next season. Understand temptation to recall him but he’s better off carrying on as he is.

sglowrider

Clear as day this guy won't make it. He's small, slow, and his technical ability is not nearly good enough to bypass those limitations. He looked so completely out of depth in a friendly, imagine having to regularly depend on him in the league. Club should cut its losses.
This prognostication isnt aging well.

Bojan Djordjic

This prognostication isnt aging well.
I think people are understandably very excited about his performances on loan of late but it's way too early to be claiming it a done deal that he'll make it at United. There's a world of difference between Championship football and performing at the pointy ends of high level competitions.

Raven

I think people are understandably very excited about his performances on loan of late but it's way too early to be claiming it a done deal that he'll make it at United. There's a world of difference between Championship football and performing at the pointy ends of high level competitions.
Mehh, he's made championship player of the month within 5 months as a 20 year old. He's obviously a special talent, he could probably come back and offer us something. Probably best he stays on loan till the end of the season though.

Bojan Djordjic

Mehh, he's made championship player of the month within 5 months as a 20 year old. He's obviously a special talent, he could probably come back and offer us something. Probably best he stays on loan till the end of the season though.
Harry Wilson won player of the month and was ripping up the Championship a few years ago while on loan from Liverpool and was even more productive than Amad. It's not like I'm saying Amad has no hope, there's just a huge margin of difference between performing at Championship level and at Premiership level and as such, I'm personally a lot more cautious. Amad has been good but not as dominant as even the likes of Benrahma from his Brentford days who now looks very average with West Ham and wouldn't have a hope of troubling the United team sheet.

Bondi77

Harry Wilson won player of the month and was ripping up the Championship a few years ago while on loan from Liverpool and was even more productive than Amad. It's not like I'm saying Amad has no hope, there's just a huge margin of difference between performing at Championship level and at Premiership level and as such, I'm personally a lot more cautious. Amad has been good but not as dominant as even the likes of Benrahma from his Brentford days who now looks very average with West Ham and wouldn't have a hope of troubling the United team sheet.
There has been a few like Sinclair and Taarabat and even Zaha took a little time to settle. No guarantee of course but our main thing was to strengthen him up and play in a physical league and he is progressing nicely.

Raven

Technically he's miles ahead of anything I've seen from Harry Wilson (not much). I do take your point but I just don't see Amad playing anywhere but the highest level when it all comes together for him

Chief123

Seeing the way he’s performing at Sunderland gives me hope he can make it at Utd. Mainly because he’s performing and standing out in a very physical league. In fact he doesn’t even look like he’s at his “level”. You can see he’s significantly better than everyone in that league. I can see him having a big part and opportunity at Utd next season hopefully.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Seeing the way he’s performing at Sunderland gives me hope he can make it at Utd. Mainly because he’s performing and standing out in a very physical league. In fact he doesn’t even look like he’s at his “level”. You can see he’s significantly better than everyone in that league. I can see him having a big part and opportunity at Utd next season hopefully.
Yeah I think it would be stupid to loan him out again given what our attacking options look like. He'd fit perfectly in a Garnacho style rotational role and provides cover both out wide and for Bruno (who's basically had 0 competition at his position since being signed, and is never rested)

sglowrider

I doubt if anyone here is expecting him to walk into the United team and replace either Bruno or even Antony. He's only 20. He has to be gradually integrated into the team and that I suspect will be a 2 season process.

He needs to expand his game. And at least he's not dependent on just pure physical attributes.

The foundational attributes/skillsets that he has is of a very high level -- touch, vision, and the ability to see a pass.
Those are good starting points.

mav_9me

He needs to be competition to Bruno next year. I think he can be Odegaard esque
On paper yeah. But we don't know about things such as Amad's game intelligence, his ability to follow coaches instructions, his pressing levels. My point is talent and technique is not enough to be at Odegaard level from this season.

Valencia Shin Crosses

On paper yeah. But we don't know about things such as Amad's game intelligence, his ability to follow coaches instructions, his pressing levels. My point is talent and technique is not enough to be at Odegaard level from this season.
Obviously not. I was more speaking about Amad's style if played in the middle of the park is very similar to Odegaard.

croadyman

Huge potential, be interesting to see what we do with him next season. Understand temptation to recall him but he’s better off carrying on as he is.
Yeah when you look at the amount of games we have next month maybe should have considered doing that. I wonder if perhaps it didn't happen because Erik didn't want to show a lack of faith in Antony or a soon returning Sancho

Northumberland Red

Supports
Sunderland
Quick update
Continues to mature under the guidance of TM ( as do our very young side ).He’s told just to play and enjoy himself .
He relished the responsibility of playing in a “derby “ v Boro as part of our fabulous front four -his reaction after he scored was worth the entrance money alone !
He thrives in front of 40000 plus so I don’t think playing in your stadium with the fan base will phase him or playing for a bigger club .
He’s definitely a confidence player at such a young age but what a talent you have .
He links brilliantly with Patrick Roberts and
Is the most exciting player I’ve seen at Sunderland in the last 20 years ( you could argue it’s not a high bar !) -playing in a team that for once seem to really be enjoying their football.

Dve

Will be interesting to see what he can do against Fulham today. Seems like he's playing as nr. 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.