Amad Diallo image 16

Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrcaFat

Relevant for people who think he is better than Antony already or that he'd start ahead of him because he scored some long range shots.. amad is good with high potential. But he hasn't torn up the championship, and is performing at roughly a similar level as Antony relative to peers but in a lower division.
I see. Yeah I think your thoughts were along the same lines as mine. Thanks for clarifying.

I want Amad to be good enough but I don’t think he’s there yet.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Looks very promising I've watched him as often as I could during the loan. Needs to work on some upper body strength - at his age that is no criticism but it will help him keep the ball more often.

I'd be happy enough for him to get a loan to someone like West Ham just for next season then see what he can do when he comes back, no point loaning him any longer than that.

OrcaFat

Man City have quality over quantity in their squad depth because they have players that not only offer good quality but also versatility. IMO Pellistri should go on loan because he is rarely getting any minutes this season while Amad should stay after good experienced in championship with good amount end product and we can use Amad's versatility to cover the RW and no 10 position. To be able to cover 2-3 different positions means he will get lot of minutes and we can start selling player like VDB and this will help us to counter FFP.
Good ideas in principle. I just don’t think Amad is at the right level to cover those positions. He doesn’t compare with anyone in City’s squad, for quality, imo. They let Sterling go because they didn’t need him and he’s levels above Amad.

I agree versatility is valuable. That’s why I like Sabitzer, for example.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Good ideas in principle. I just don’t think Amad is at the right level to cover those positions. He doesn’t compare with anyone in City’s squad, for quality, imo. They let Sterling go because they didn’t need him and he’s levels above Amad.

I agree versatility is valuable. That’s why I like Sabitzer, for example.
I don’t expect him to step up his level to Sterling or Foden level next season but his number in championship this season are about the same numbers as Maddison or Olise produced before they joined Leicester / Crystal Palace. That’s where my expectation of him next season that he is good enough to provide competition for Antony and cover for Bruno in PL level competition.

OrcaFat

I don’t expect him to step up his level to Sterling or Foden level next season but his number in championship this season are about the same numbers as Maddison or Olise produced before they joined Leicester / Crystal Palace. That’s where my expectation of him next season that he is good enough to provide competition for Antony and cover for Bruno in PL level competition.
Let’s hope so!

Marwood

Yeah I think the fundamentals are absolutely there with Amad but he needs regular gametime to learn how to make his talent count in terms of impact on the pitch.

Mowbray has done brilliantly with him, but torn as to whether a Premier League loan would be better for him. In the Championship he's good enough to justify a role with less defensive responsibility, but if he wants to make it at United he shouldn't get used to that.

The defensive/off-the-ball side of the game is somewhere where Antony's contribution is severely underrated.
I think you'll struggle to find a single poster who doesn't recognise Antonys off the ball work. He's definitely not underrated in that regard.

But I don't think Amad has to match that. What he has to show more of is aggression on the ball and in that final third. I've said it before but there's a touch of the Martials about him.

RedIan

No more loans. Hes absolutely ready to step up next season. I mean we've give Wout loads of games… compare the two !!

FerociousCorgis

No more loans. Hes absolutely ready to step up next season. I mean we've give Wout loads of games… compare the two !!
exactly. The sad part is we havent even played wout only at striker either. Think amad would be a worse 10 than Wout? No way. Amad 100 percent needs to be backup on the right and get some game time in.

Thiagoal

Now that Sunderland’s season is over, is he eligible to play for us in our last three games or not until next season now? I suspect he’s been allowed to go on holiday now anyhow- just wondered the rules

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Now that Sunderland’s season is over, is he eligible to play for us in our last three games or not until next season now? I suspect he’s been allowed to go on holiday now anyhow- just wondered the rules
Can’t be recalled outside of transfer windows - not eligible.

AndySmith1990

Wout would probably do quite well in the championship just as he did in Germany. Not saying we shouldn't put Amad in the team next season but we need to be realistic and remember it's a big step up

IhabX7

Wout would probably do quite well in the championship just as he did in Germany. Not saying we shouldn't put Amad in the team next season but we need to be realistic and remember it's a big step up
His United teammates would be a step up from his Sunderland ones too. He’ll be alright.

OrcaFat

His United teammates would be a step up from his Sunderland ones too. He’ll be alright.
I really don’t think he will. For sure, I will be delighted if he makes it here but I don’t know where his minutes are going to come from. He’s not as good as players already in the squad. Not yet, imo.

NoPace

I really don’t think he will. For sure, I will be delighted if he makes it here but I don’t know where his minutes are going to come from. He’s not as good as players already in the squad. Not yet, imo.
If we move on from Sancho and Amad's job is to backup Antony and come on with 20 minutes to go against a tired left back and link up with Bruno he'll probably do okay.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I will be disappointed if we send him on loan again because after the performance he has shown in Sunderland with good end product, he should be able to make it into our squad next season. Should be good enough to challenge antony and may be even playing as no 10 to rest Bruno in EFL Cup and FA Cup.

SAF is the GOAT

If we move on from Sancho and Amad's job is to backup Antony and come on with 20 minutes to go against a tired left back and link up with Bruno he'll probably do okay.
that squad won't be enough for us

Lets say ETH wants to rotate the striker and put Rashford up front instead

It won't be enough to have only Garnacho as an option on that left side.

I know how Jadon looks right now but it will look a lot better with him on that LW and Nacho coming from the bench when needed and challenge and put pressure on Jadon and Rashy regularly.

As we've seen this season already we need options in our squad for the attack.

goalscholes

What’s the deal with Luton, why are they so despised?
Home of the EDL and sung support for Tommy Robinson every week.

On multiple occasions in the last two decades, they've stormed across the pitch and attacked opposition fans in the stands, injuring and frightening families.

I'd put money on them making headlines for jumping people, attacking police, racist chants or attacking opposition players (as above) if they get promoted.

luke511

We’d be crazy to loan him out. He’s close to being, if not already, the best passer out of our forwards. He would’ve got plenty of minutes this season if he had stayed so it’ll be the same situation next season.

Nick7

I’d like to see him at Burnley. Could fit in extremely well with their style of play.

-Supreme-

We have got to extend his contract for at least another year if we were to loan him out again

ThanksBoss26

Can't see anything happening before we've taken a look pre-season. Think he'll be with us next season. Exception might be if Greenwood ends up back.

Status
Not open for further replies.