Amad Diallo - Atalanta winger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
we’ve done it to ourselves. “Watch this space” “United are relaxed about the Jadon Sancho deal etc” when it was clear we’ve been messing up left and right all window. Dembele is just more of it. All I asked was why didn’t we go for this lad on time to get his paperwork over the line. Not a lot to ask on a 30 million deal. It just feels like we started trying to push this deal through yesterday and if that’s the case then that’s really poor planning. Even a fan of our recruitment should be able to see that . Why not do it a month or 2 ago? It’s reactionary and I think it doesn’t really help the manager or the squad.
Are deadline day transfers in football new to you or something? Clubs will have various reasons why they do deals late, as is their prerogative.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Juventus are everything that I hate in a club. If I can make a list of what made me a United fanatic and then you write the opposite of that then that would be Juventus. They are arrogant, they play dirty, they treat people like shit and they are cynical Tywin Lannister style. HOWEVER they are also greatly managed. I am not referring to their manager but to their board of directors. They have people who knows what they are doing and they are cutthroat.
Yeah, I'm just referring to the Chiesa deal. That deal only suits one party. Same with the Napoli game, everything there is just set up to suit them.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So you think it’s just standard procedure to not get a work permit on time for your second biggest signing of a window that lasts months... fair enough. Agree to disagree.
I think it isn’t a big deal to not get a work permit immediately for a teenager you have signed for the future and are comfortable with remaining where he is for the time being. But I’m not your typical online moaning fan that finds issue with everything tbh, which seems a rarity.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yeah, I'm just referring to the Chiesa deal. That deal only suits one party. Same with the Napoli game, everything there is just set up to suit them.
Its suits Juventus because that's what Juventus care about ie themselves. You might not know but Fiorentina HATE Juventus's guts. This hatred had been present since they snapped Baggio away from them. At the beginning of summer Juventus showed some interest for Chiesa but they never actually bid. They allowed Fiorentina to huff and puff up until they accepted the deal Juve wanted. That happened because

a- Juve always have their arse covered. They were never desperate for Chiesa as we were for Sancho.
b- they probably had Chiesa in the bag a long time ago. So Chiesa probably told Fiorentina that its either Juve or nothing

That's what a top board does. It anticipate problems, it waits for clings in the armour and then it hits hard. Lets say we had that mentality. We would have secured a decent right winger long ago then we would agree personal terms with Sancho only to come up with a bid in 2 years time. Dortmund would be given a choice between accepting a 50m deal broken in 6 years or feck off. Its the same way Bayern stuffed them with Lewandowski.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Its suits Juventus because that's what Juventus care about ie themselves. You might not know but Fiorentina HATE Juventus's guts. This hatred had been present since they snapped Baggio away from them. At the beginning of summer Juventus showed some interest for Chiesa but they never actually bid. They allowed Fiorentina to huff and puff up until they accepted the deal Juve wanted. That happened because

a- Juve always have their arse covered. They were never desperate for Chiesa as we were for Sancho.
b- they probably had Chiesa in the bag a long time ago. So Chiesa probably told Fiorentina that its either Juve or nothing

That's what a top board does. It anticipate problems, it waits for clings in the armour and then it hits hard. Lets say we had that mentality. We would have secured a decent right winger long ago then we would agree personal terms with Sancho only to come up with a bid in 2 years time. Dortmund would be given a choice between accepting a 50m deal broken in 6 years or feck off. Its the same way Bayern stuffed them with Lewandowski.
Exactly this. Could have easily managed to sign Grealish or Maguire or AWB for lesser fees.

We are showing arrogance for irrelevant things at the wrong time.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I am very excited about this deal but placing a 30m bid on an 18 year EXTREMELY TALENTED but inexperienced winger is as silly as spending 80m on Maguire. That's clear by the fact that no one is competing with us for the player and that Atalanta had quickly cancelled a loan deal with Parma (Parma is small but they do produce some great youth talent so no one like to unnecessarily burn bridges with them).

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Well done for buying a damn A Traore.

He actually looks really promising, based admittedly only on Youtube.

Tony247

So he will arrive in Jan here? Good. Buy Sancho too in Jan. The way we are playing we will need all hands from Feb.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Don't know how true, but if true, then that is a solid management vision... right or wrong, but solid still.
Position doesn't exist???
Wingers come in many forms. You don't have to label a player a winger but hey...I don't give a shit. If he turns out to be special then it's 30m well spent

Himannv

Position doesn't exist???
Wingers come in many forms. You don't have to label a player a winger but hey...I don't give a shit. If he turns out to be special then it's 30m well spent
They play 3-4-1-2. The front two (Ilicic and Zapata) are proper CFs, not wing forwards. They've obviously decided he's not a wingback either so "position doesn't exist" is probably right.

Ranchero

United in the bargain basement ala Daniel James... in the hope that they might come good, but it does no good for us now. I am all for snapping up youngster that might come good one day, but to consider this a major signing is fooling yourself.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
A youngster. Someone for the future. But not a transfer that will help us NOW. Meanwhile Douglas Costa goes off to Bayern on loan and they really don't need another wide man.
Yeah who wants youngsters, we should have signed Douglas Costa for huge wages and with shit injury record and it's not like he is even that good.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
United in the bargain basement ala Daniel James... in the hope that they might come good, but it does no good for us now. I am all for snapping up youngster that might come good one day, but to consider this a major signing is fooling yourself.
30+ million for a player who played just 24 mins is bargain basement :lol:

Last edited:

izec

You can only be excited really. I mean we are shit, but he may potentially be a star and someone to get us off our seat

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Traore must be the most common footballers name :lol:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I am assuming he is a January signing because of the expected incomings and outgoings today resulting in us not having a place for him to be registered until Ighalo leaves.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Is he joining us right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.