Amad Diallo | Rangers loan watch

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don’t think the physicality of the premier league can be over estimated enough
Elanga for me looks ready to hold his ground and fight for loose balls
Diallo looked a little easy to knock off the ball
it’s hard for skilful/graceful players to get into the groove here and that’s even without any competition from his own teammates. Look at Sancho and Havertz and they’ve been playing mens football at a high level for years before they came in. Now look at Amad. He might even come in and hit a goal or assist here and there but in reality he’s miles off being physically ready to be a consistently good PL player. All the freaking out about him not breaking through at 19 is silly. He should have been on loan since the start of this season but he got injured. No biggie. We found him a good loan. Nice step up for him. I’d imagine he goes out next season too.

northernfan

Nice to see Rangnick is not sitting on his hands. If your not playing a player move them out on sale or loan. Serves no purpose to have these guys sitting on the end of a bench.

captaincantona

Really fuking hate rangers...really love Utd....looking forward to seeing how I process seeing him in a Rangers shirt. Really think he has something.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Hate Rangers.

Fear he'll get eaten alive by the combative nature of the Scottish League.

Could do him good, or he could get injured pretty damn quick.

Is he eligible for European games? They have Dortmund coming up soon. Also Celtic in a few weeks, be good to see him against top opposition.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
What system do they play in, and who are his competitors?

Hope he becomes player of the season there.
Van Bronckhorst has played a 4231 since coming in with the wingers hugging the touch line. There’s an opening on the right flank if he can take it. Hopefully he hits the ground running as we’ve got Celtic on Wednesday.

MattJ166

Signed from Atalanta for too much money

Like Pellistri
It was 19m with addons lets not pretend we blew our wod on him. He's 19 and had the potential to be a great player for us, this loan move is exactly what he needs. I'll definitely be checking him out when I can spare the time

Reactions: roonster09

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Good move this. Rangers will have the ball in the vast majority of games and he plays under big-club pressure.

Bertie Wooster

Delighted with the deal. :drool:

Always had a soft spot for Rangers, and it's a good level of club for Amad to go to. Just like Feyenoord would have been but for the injury.

He should get a good amount of game time - or, at least, he should get the opportunity to establish himself as a regular provided he performs well enough. They'll have the ball a lot and do a lot of attacking. And he'll experience the pressure of a big home crowd and the pressure of battling for trophies.

All loans can go wrong, of course, but this is the right kind of move to give it the best chance of being a beneficial one.

Last edited:

MacGlock88

See what he can do.
Typically in Scotland, the best attribute that decent players can have, is to be an ‘injury avoider’ and not a ‘sick note’ type.

As in, some of the pitches are poor, some are artificial and more importantly, there are many hammer throwers playing for teams that when faced with quality do their best to break them up. Literally.

MacGlock88

When he comes back English will be super easy.

Or if he doesn’t produce consistent performances up there, then potentially he doesn’t justify a place in the United Squad.

(Based on your logic).

I watched VVD for Celtic. He was immense.
Very cool on the ball, shrugged off a lot of the opposition, carried the ball through the midfield on runs, scored from outside the box and was a great aerial threat at corners. It was clear he would move on to better things.

Although, clubs like Southampton (other premier league clubs are available) seem to be the litmus test for pros leaving Scotland before ending up at Top 4 - 6 Clubs.

Wanyama was another midfield unit that I thought world do well. Made it past the litmus, but at Spurs it didn’t happen long term (mainly due to injury).

PS. King Henrik being the exception.

bringbackbebe

That summer we spent £75m on VDB, Amad and Pellestri.
One word: inflation. Spending 20m on a player now is the equivalent of spending 4m on a player in 2008, given the rise in football revenues.

Amad & Pellistri could still become first team regulars or at least, be sold for a profit over their purchase price.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Great move for him but he will have to compete for a starting place. Rangers have plenty of the ball against most teams so, if he gets a start, he will see plenty of action.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Or if he doesn’t produce consistent performances up there, then potentially he doesn’t justify a place in the United Squad.

(Based on your logic).

I watched VVD for Celtic. He was immense.
Very cool on the ball, shrugged off a lot of the opposition, carried the ball through the midfield on runs, scored from outside the box and was a great aerial threat at corners. It was clear he would move on to better things.

Although, clubs like Southampton (other premier league clubs are available) seem to be the litmus test for pros leaving Scotland before ending up at Top 4 - 6 Clubs.

Wanyama was another midfield unit that I thought world do well. Made it past the litmus, but at Spurs it didn’t happen long term (mainly due to injury).

PS. King Henrik being the exception.
He was talking about understanding the language

Nickelodeon

That summer we spent £75m on VDB, Amad and Pellestri.
All our transfer fees include every potential add-on as realized. For both Pellestri and Amad, the actual transfer fee paid out would be roughly half the numbers quoted.

If we're spending big money on a player, the media goes out of the way to calculate the lifetime value of the contract as well which I rarely see for any other club.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
This looks like a great move for Amad. A few months of regular football combined with a lot of physical work should see him ready to compete in our squad next season. I still have high hopes for him personally. His dribbling ability, vision and weight of pass are at a high level already.

VanAlden

Delighted with the signing. We've been needing a RW since even before Hagi got injured. He'll definitely get game time. Apparently getting a boy from city too (McAtee).

macheda14

All our transfer fees include every potential add-on as realized. For both Pellestri and Amad, the actual transfer fee paid out would be roughly half the numbers quoted.

If we're spending big money on a player, the media goes out of the way to calculate the lifetime value of the contract as well which I rarely see for any other club.
It's not far off. 40 mill for VDB, 19 mill for Amad, 7.65 mill for Pellistri. So £66.65 mill.

sugar_kane

Amad doesn’t need development. He’s our most natural footballer together with Mata. He just needs to grow physically.
How on earth do you make this judgement about a player who has made 14 senior appearances in his entire career?

Bwuk

Delighted with the signing. We've been needing a RW since even before Hagi got injured. He'll definitely get game time. Apparently getting a boy from city too (McAtee).
Any chance he starts tomorrow vs Ross County?

macheda14

Here we go, Donny was £35m. Not £40m.
Ahh dammit. See, even someone who is usually quite wary of transfer fees can be swayed by constant misreporting. Ok but still 61 million that summer for not one starting XI player is crazy. Although I do think at least Amad will have been a worthy investment.

romufc

Ahh dammit. See, even someone who is usually quite wary of transfer fees can be swayed by constant misreporting. Ok but still 61 million that summer for not one starting XI player is crazy. Although I do think at least Amad will have been a worthy investment.
Agreed, its actually a joke. But the other poster is correct in his statement. They will report Martial £50m when it wasn't, Amad £30m but Diaz for Liverpool is being reported the initial fee not the 25m add ons.

VanAlden

Any chance he starts tomorrow vs Ross County?
He's in the squad and will definitely feature. You'll get to see him on Wednesday night in the old firm. He'll start that one as we won't play Wright from the beginning.

OverratedOpinion

I think it is a great loan.

I hate watching our younger attacking players go on loan to teams who never have the ball and hardly ever attack.

I think he will do great.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Pellestri and Amad weren’t signed to start immediately - they’re signings for the future. City have spent the same on Kayky and Alvarez - as usual United fans are in meltdown over it because we want all the shiny toys - whilst at the same time we’re getting slammed for doing the same thing. The DVB signing was the shit signing - signing a Bruno backup for 35m over a DM was a big mistake - not the other two who if even one of them turns out to be first team quality will be money very well spent.

AndyMUFC86

Van Bronckhorst has played a 4231 since coming in with the wingers hugging the touch line. There’s an opening on the right flank if he can take it. Hopefully he hits the ground running as we’ve got Celtic on Wednesday.
I think Rangers have got a real cue here. I fully expect him to do very well for you. If he gets the games I think he could really make a mark in the Scottish league

poleglass red

I've always wondered why top clubs in England don't use Celtic and Rangers for more loans. I know City a few seasons back loaned Celtic some fringe players. They get to play in a team expected to win, huge fan bases, the pace and intensity compares to the Pl if not the quality, and they get to play in europe as well. We have Pellistri on loan with Alaves, 2nd bottom of la liga, conceded more than twice what they have scored. He's played 30 odd games with no goals scored. I just feel if he went up there, the most important thing is he would get confidence, either team wins most of their games. It must be soul destroying week in week out going out for Alaves knowing you'll lose

Mac1997

Delighted he has went to Rangers, he looks so light weight and I think his lack of being able to deal with the physicality of the English game has really held him back.

Hopefully he will come back more able to deal with the physical aspect of the game. Wouldn't be against seeing Donny head of to Celtic or Rangers for the same reason, although I would guess neither would be able to cover his wages.