Amad Diallo | Rangers loan watch

Jibbs

A lot of the Rangers fans are keen for him to stay next season. With his ability and the understanding he’s gleaned of the senior game in recent months, he’s well poised to make a more regular impact. Obviously plenty of other variables will dictate what happens, but he’s clearly made a growing impression after the early stutter.
He needs to stay there for another year and get regular game time. Like at least start 25 games for them.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I'd get him back if we fail to land a RW. I am confident EtH can get this guy rolling.

People forget he already showed his quality for us in the EL and I'm sure he'd do great in those games again

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
A lot of the Rangers fans are keen for him to stay next season. With his ability and the understanding he’s gleaned of the senior game in recent months, he’s well poised to make a more regular impact. Obviously plenty of other variables will dictate what happens, but he’s clearly made a growing impression after the early stutter.
I suspect there's little to 0 chance of him staying at Rangers. He was dropped after an admittedly horrific game against Celtic and after that his appearances were just far too fleeting to justify sending him back on loan there, from our perspective it just runs too much of a risk that he ends up like Pellistri at Alaves.

Bwuk

I'd get him back if we fail to land a RW. I am confident can get this guy rolling.

People forget he already showed his quality for us in the EL and I'm sure he'd do great in those games again
Im of a similar opinion. He’s a much better footballer than Elanga.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He’ll be with us through ETH’s potentially gruelling pre season, and that should tell us much. I’m keen for him to say, but it depends on signings.

Caesar2290

Having faced adversity and still managed to put his head down and improve both mentally and physically, I think this lad is ready for a step up as a regular squad player.

Knowing how detail oriented ETH is, he probably already has a dossier on him and depending on the preseason I think he might surprise a lot on here when the Dutchman will put his trust in him.

Red00012

There’s more chance of me playing for Rangers next season than Utd allowing him to go back there

MattJ166

There’s more chance of me playing for Rangers next season than Utd allowing him to go back there
I know right, talk bout shooting yourself in the foot. Had a great little player on their hands who probably would have been happy to stay an additional year if they had just trusted him more.

Bulletproof91

Supports
Rangers
I know right, talk bout shooting yourself in the foot. Had a great little player on their hands who probably would have been happy to stay an additional year if they had just trusted him more.
Going to disagree pal. It's hardly shooting ourselves in the foot. Amad will be a great player and as a Rangers fan I'd rather we developed our own youth players like Lowry and McCann than develop other clubs youth players. We are in European final so we've definitely not shot ourselves in the foot.

Glorio

How many games do Rangers have till the end of the season? Great that he's getting games now - even though a little late, these minutes of men's football would still be invaluable for him coming into pre-season

Chripper

How many games do Rangers have till the end of the season? Great that he's getting games now - even though a little late, these minutes of men's football would still be invaluable for him coming into pre-season

One SPL match.
Europa Cup Final.
Scottish Cup Final.

Potentially he could return with two winner's medals.

Irrational.

Rangers (and GvB) don’t deserve to have him for another season. Bring him back here or send him to a team that will appreciate and play him regularly.

Giuseppe Rossi/ Newcastle situation all over again when Glenn Roeder took him on loan only to ignore him, instead favouring Shola fecking Ameobi.

Last edited:

jeff_goldblum

Is raw the right word? Decision making maybe, but that's most youngsters.

I would say Elanga is a bit raw with his work on the ball whereas I think Amad is quite polished. It's more about getting him the experience and physical makeup to handle the game in this country, I think.
I always think 'raw' has a connotation of inconsistent or unpolished technique, which isn't something you can say about Amad. His ball control, touch and general technique look fantastic. As you say, the missing bit is experience and getting used to the pace and physicality of the men's game.

Bwuk

Going to disagree pal. It's hardly shooting ourselves in the foot. Amad will be a great player and as a Rangers fan I'd rather we developed our own youth players like Lowry and McCann than develop other clubs youth players. We are in European final so we've definitely not shot ourselves in the foot.
Neither McCann nor Lowry play in a similar position or style to Amad. Neither are remotely near his potential talent level.

You had the likes of Fashion Sakala, Scott Wright etc getting minutes ahead of him ffs. GvB can get f*cked.

SoCross

Thought so too. Looks a lot less lightweight and ready for the men's game. I want to see what Ten Hag wants to do with him, I feel he could work wonders.
Agreed. Looking forward to seeing him in preseason. Long shot but if ETH fancies him, that means we can focus on other areas of the squad to invest him other than RW.

luke511

He scored a few tap ins but all in all it has been a disappointing loan spell. Send him to Championship next season and hope he kicks on.
Utd need him next season if a right winger isn't bought in the summer.

Gator Nate

He scored a few tap ins but all in all it has been a disappointing loan spell. Send him to Championship next season and hope he kicks on.
His positioning for those tap-ins are impressively consistent. And he makes good decisions with his passing, as well. I do agree about sending him to the Championship. Maybe one of the teams that makes the playoffs but misses promotion, or some other team with a realistic promotion fight.

Bulletproof91

Supports
Rangers
Neither McCann nor Lowry play in a similar position or style to Amad. Neither are remotely near his potential talent level.

You had the likes of Fashion Sakala, Scott Wright etc getting minutes ahead of him ffs. GvB can get f*cked.
Just because someone decide to pay 20 Mill plus for Diallo it doesn't mean he has more potential than the likes of Lowry. I'm guessing you don't watch a lot of football pal. You sound like a bitter Tim as GVB after a wee blip has shown himself to be tactical astute.

Chripper

I'm no fan of Rangers, but I would disagree. Lowry looks like a special talent. Only 18 and he looks levels above his teammates. Next season we'll hear a lot about him.

And with all due respect to GvB, he's reached the Europa League final with Rangers. That's quite an achievement.

Personally, I think the loan has been great. He would've learned more in 6 months of being with an actual team who are fighting for each other, than being stuck in a dressing room with obvious toxic cliques.

Bwuk

Just because someone decide to pay 20 Mill plus for Diallo it doesn't mean he has more potential than the likes of Lowry. I'm guessing you don't watch a lot of football pal. You sound like a bitter Tim as GVB after a wee blip has shown himself to be tactical astute.
Diallo 100% does.

Bitter Tim? I hate both sides of the old firm for ridiculous comments like that. Grow up.

Matst1

He’s only made 4 appearances, sorry that’s a failed loan..

Chripper

Diallo 100% does.

Bitter Tim? I hate both sides of the old firm for ridiculous comments like that. Grow up.
Both Manchester clubs were tracking Lowry, so, you'd better tell their scouting networks to buck up their ideas. :p

He’s only made 4 appearances, sorry that’s a failed loan..
9 appearances. 3 goals.

Chripper

He was a bit part player for them. Definitely a failed loan.
If he returns with a domestic and a European winner's medal?

We all know that United are a mess. The dressing room harmony is fractured. Toxic atmosphere.

I'd say being in a "team" environment is better for his development, regardless of his game time.

Bwuk

Both Manchester clubs were tracking Lowry, so, you'd better tell their scouting networks to buck up their ideas. :p

9 appearances. 3 goals.
We track a lot of players, as do City. Means nothing. If they’d wanted to sign him, they would have done - see the likes of Gilmour, Doak etc.

Diallo was getting touted as one of the best players in the world of his age group, and a future Balon D’or winner.

I hope for Scotlands sake Lowry kicks on and becomes a real talent.

Frank Grimes

If he returns with a domestic and a European winner's medal?

We all know that United are a mess. The dressing room harmony is fractured. Toxic atmosphere.

I'd say being in a "team" environment is better for his development, regardless of his game time.
Disagree completely, playing time is the be all and end all at his stage of development. Why would United fans give a feck that he gets to be a fan while Rangers get to a European final. He played more for Utd the previous season and scored versus AC Milan en route to the same final btw. Big waste of time, a loan to a Championship club where he played week in week out would have been more beneficial, ala Garner.

Chripper

We track a lot of players, as do City. Means nothing. If they’d wanted to sign him, they would have done - see the likes of Gilmour, Doak etc.

Diallo was getting touted as one of the best players in the world of his age group, and a future Balon D’or winner.

I hope for Scotlands sake Lowry kicks on and becomes a real talent.
I think Lowry was promised more game time. Probably what clinched him signing his contract.

Was he?! I remember confusion when we bought him from Atalanta. Besides, to use your argument, lots of players had potential but didn't fulfil it: Bojan, Pato, Kerrison, Morrison, Adu, etc.

Hope so. We certainly need a creative spark.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Those highlights from against Dundee... He's starting to look the player at senior level that we thought we were getting. I'm excited and hope we give him a chance next season. His dribbling is reminiscent of true top level players in terms of ball control, footwork, change of direction, speed with the ball. There's a lot to work with there and the stars may just align for him given our never ending need for a RW.

Chripper

Disagree completely, playing time is the be all and end all at his stage of development. Why would United fans give a feck that he gets to be a fan while Rangers get to a European final. He played more for Utd the previous season and scored versus AC Milan en route to the same final btw. Big waste of time, a loan to a Championship club where he played week in week out would have been more beneficial, ala Garner.
Because it's being immersed in the atmosphere and truly feeling part of a team.

Take the class of 92. Yes, those were talented kids, but being amongst the senior players and being a part of the general team chemistry had a massive contributing factor to their development.

Football is as much about psychology as it is about kicking a ball. Gary Neville said it himself that he learned just by watching players like Pallister and Hughes, etc.

Frank Grimes

Because it's being immersed in the atmosphere and truly feeling part of a team.

Take the class of 92. Yes, those were talented kids, but being amongst the senior players and being a part of the general team chemistry had a massive contributing factor to their development.

Football is as much about psychology as it is about kicking a ball. Gary Neville said it himself that he learned just by watching players like Pallister and Hughes, etc.
Eh? Diallo already had that step the previous year. This season was about playing and he barely did. He needed what Beckham had at Preston North End, maybe next season.

Chripper

Eh? Diallo already had that step the previous year. This season was about playing and he barely did. He needed what Beckham had at Preston North End, maybe next season.
Yeah. He was bedded in last year. No doubt. But I still feel that there was a lack of harmony bubbling under the surface.

I actually think that's one reason players like Rashford and McTominay have regressed, lack of a role model at the club. Compare looking across the dressing room and sewing Cantona and Keane... now there's Maguire and Pogba...