Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

pascell

Besides Greenwood and Williams, all the others were just pretty much given their debuts and thats about it. I wouldn't say that he gave all of them opportunities, nor that he should had because some are clearly not ready/good enough.

Minutes played in the last 2 seasons:

Mengi: 546
Chong: 327
Garner: 292
Laird: 112
Bernard: 90
Levitt: 90
Mellor: 25
Ramazani: 6
Galbraith: 1

I mean its not like those players are actively part of the squad as to call Ole to have gave them the chance. Most of those minutes were either in a "garbage" group game in the Europa League last season who had no implication whatsoever or in the lower rounds of the EFL cup.

Im not saying Ole doesn't work with youth, but I think if he's going to be recognized for youth then the mentioned ones should be Greenwood and Williams. The "debut" stat seems just like a checklist one. I mean 5 out of the 11 debuts were just really debuts and thats about it.
Didn't realise Mengi had played so many minutes for the first team.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really looking forward to the match on Sunday. We're playing one of the worst top flight teams in Europe's big five leagues (although wouldn't put it past United to make a difficult job of it) so hopefully, it's comfortable early on and Amad gets to show us his stuff. Good omen that he wasn't playing for the U23s tonight in that regard.
Out of the squad due to illness, I believe. Doubt he recovers in time for Sunday’s game, sadly.

pascell

I also dont think those numbers are correct. I keep a close tap on Mengi and Laird, and I must be going crazy if they made that many minutes without me realizing.
I know 90mins for Mengi, Bernard, Laird, Chong and Levitt will have probably come vs Astana in the EL.

Edit: Apparently Mengi didn't even feature in that game.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I also dont think those numbers are correct. I keep a close tap on Mengi and Laird, and I must be going crazy if they made that many minutes without me realizing.
It's including the EFL Trophy I believe, which United U21s compete in.

dinostar77

We all just need to patient. I think with social media expectations are now higher and we are more inpatient. Shame that when he does make his debut there wont be any fans in the stadium as there were when CR made his debut against bolton at OT. 606 was awash with people calling in saying he was getting bums off seats everytime he got the ball. I couldnt wait to watch MOTD that evening.

Judas

Open to offers
We all just need to patient. I think with social media expectations are now higher and we are more inpatient. Shame that when he does make his debut there wont be any fans in the stadium as there were when CR made his debut against bolton at OT. 606 was awash with people calling in saying he was getting bums off seats everytime he got the ball. I couldnt wait to watch MOTD that evening.
If anything its a blessing, easier atmosphere to be introduced into, no one to get on his back if things aren't instantly amazing for him.

dinostar77

That is also true. Be intetesting to see over next few years how Ansu Fati and Diallo careers progress. Fati was the no1 target for his age group (19 and under) and Diallo was 2nd. By all accounts Barcelona wouldnt countenance a sale of Fati.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's ill as was confirmed on Friday when he missed out on the U23 game, before people start panicking.

NoneBmStore

If anything its a blessing, easier atmosphere to be introduced into, no one to get on his back if things aren't instantly amazing for him.
Some people are motivated by an audience, you know? Ronaldo seemed to get amped up that’s for sure