Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

SATA

Sounds odd that Atalanta are letting a gem go. Perhaps the money is too good for them. If it's not, perhaps they could find a place for him in the team even though they don’t play with wingers. Can't wait for him to arrived here and i have heard he has a brother at Sassaulo who is very good as well

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
Genuinely don't get some of the just ridiculous negativity. As a football fan this sort of signing should bloody excite you, if it doesn't well I just feel a bit bad.

Steve Bruce

Genuinely don't get some of the just ridiculous negativity. As a football fan this sort of signing should bloody excite you, if it doesn't well I just feel a bit bad.
It's the United way in the last decade.

We could sign mbappe & haaland & their would be plenty of negativity.

Bestietom

If he is as good as people say, we won't need Sancho. Pellistri is no bad one either, and both can play either wings.

rotherham_red

If you'd never seen Sancho at Dortmund and had to choose who was better from the two players from their time at City and Atalanta. Who would you choose from the YouTube highlights below?

I honestly wouldn't be able to say.

They both look really special.

I'd kill to have them in the same team along with Rashford, Greenwood and Martial.

Traore seems to be more explosive from a standing start than Sancho, and possibly a little more ambipedal. While Sancho is more refined and 'smoother' in his dribbling stance.

You're right though, they do seem to be very similar in terms of how they go about their work.

So exciting that we have one of the two, and potentially could add the other next year.

SATA

I thought most of the posts here are genuinely excited by this signing? Some were even peeved that he could only arrive here in January to play. The other signing Pellistri is more of a doubt to be honest

Santoryo

ripping the reward
This kid is the type of talent you poch before he's had the chance to be put on the world stage to show his talent.

This is the type of talent after 1 or 2 years playing senior football, the going rate for his transfer fee would easily past 100m, so I understand the club buying him now before he goes to Parma and becomes extremely expensive.

Judas

Open to offers
I thought most of the posts here are genuinely excited by this signing? Some were even peeved that he could arrive here in January. The other signing Pellistri is more of a doubt to be honest
I think Pellistri is rightfully one people should be more sceptical about. We've barely seen much of him, he's a total unknown quantity, feels more of a punt because there's just not that much for us to analyse. But I look at that as expect nothing, and if he does well its a lovely surprise.

RUCK4444

Genuinely excited by this lad. He seems to be a proper talent, dynamic and skilful with the ability to beat a man. That's what we are crying out for on the right wing.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Might come across lazy in comparison because they are both African wingers, but I see a raw version of Mane in some highlights. It's actually more down to how two footed he is at dribbling, his close control with pace, and even from standing positions looks impressive and he's quick on the turn like Mane is as well.

Sarr was previously compared to Mane on the forum but I felt this was much distant, as Sarr wasn't really one for close control dribbling. Diallo appears to have a style closer to how Mane plays than Sarr would.

rotherham_red

Might come across lazy in comparison because they are both African wingers, but I see a raw version of Mane in some highlights. It's actually more down to how two footed he is at dribbling, his close control with pace, and even from standing positions looks impressive and he's quick on the turn like Mane is as well.

Sarr was previously compared to Mane on the forum but I felt this was much distant, as Sarr wasn't really one for close control dribbling. Diallo appears to have a style closer to how Mane plays than Sarr would.
I agree. He brings a lot of Mane at Southampton vibes to me.

The Sarr comparison was always very lazy to me. He's good at what he does and is, but will always only ever be a premium and more refined Dan James to me.

SATA

His style looks more like Leroy Sane to me. Nimble winger who has deceptive pace and skips past players for fun but i could be talking trash of course as i have only seen his vids on youtube

RUCK4444

This kid is the type of talent you poch before he's had the chance to be put on the world stage to show his talent.

This is the type of talent after 1 or 2 years playing senior football, the going rate for his transfer fee would easily past 100m, so I understand the club buying him now before he goes to Parma and becomes extremely expensive.
Yeah exactly. I'm all for the club trying to find these talents just before the breakthrough and cost a fortune.

Martial fits this category for me, young player who we nabbed before getting a big move and costing potentially a load more.

I like this type of signing.

SATA

I think Pellistri is rightfully one people should be more sceptical about. We've barely seen much of him, he's a total unknown quantity, feels more of a punt because there's just not that much for us to analyse. But I look at that as expect nothing, and if he does well its a lovely surprise.
Yeah mate. 8M is a fine gamble. If he turns out a dud or can't adapt to the league, we won't lose much. We can all pretend to add to Diallo's price for an extra 8M if that happens

Bestietom

Pellistri, we know nothing about. Was it Forlan who recommended him. Team mates think he is a bit lightweight for premiership right now, but excellent potential. Nice to have 2 proper wingers coming in.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm neither one way or the other on this one as quite frankly I didn't even know he existed 3 weeks ago. But can I ask you why it should excite us? Because he's a total unknown does that mean he's exciting? He's played less than 30 mins in their first team. It's a massive call signing this lad on the basis he smashed it in the youth set up. We've had players at United who looked world beaters in the youth set up and they aren't even playing top division football anymore. The men's game is a different proposition.

Hope the lad is the next coming of Ronaldo, like we all do. But it's way too early to suggest we should get excited surely?

Alemar

The good thing is that Diallo has good finishing abilities, based on YouTube clips at least. Facundo, for example, doesn’t - but maybe he is better at crossing

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Tripping off at the thought of Ethan Laird and Amad Diallo building up an understanding on the right and both reaching their potential. Jadon who?
Mouth watering prospect. Let’s hope that Laird puts his injuries behind him

UmbroDays

Been watching his highlights and they're a complete mockery!

Watched some Mason ones too from a few years back and they're both in a similar vein, although I think Mason is more of a goal threat.

Dial looks like Giggs in his youth, will beat players, but always has his head up looking for the next advancing pass. All jokes aside, not too worried about his height, but I think he'll need a whole season to get used to the physically of the Premiership and the likes of Stoke

Idxomer

Some talents are just too obvious and Diallo falls under this category.

A lot will need to go wrong for him not to make it.

Inigo Montoya

Uruguayan, 18 years old, right winger, recommended by Forlan. That’s about it mate
Similar to David Silva. Very talented.

Will need time to develop. Move may be a year too early but I don’t think we could wait any longer

Giggsy13

Bellingham gets the English hype but presents the same level of risk to Dortmund as Traore does to us yet that move is lauded and ours is being scrutinized. Yes Dortmund have shown they have a model of developing young players but we aren’t too bad at that either. Rashford, Greenwood and Martial say hello.

This deal for Traore could be a master stroke. He is one of the brightest prospects in Italy. We may have a Sancho level talent that we didn’t have to pay a gigantic fee for.

Bestietom

Similar to David Silva. Very talented.

Will need time to develop. Move may be a year too early but I don’t think we could wait any longer
Yeah, read all this about him being a wee bit too light weight, but on the other hand I also read he is good enough to go straight onto first team squad. Can't wait to see what he is like.

Bestietom

Yeah but don’t think he’ll play much. Mengi has been around or part of the first team this season but he hasn’t played one minute at all
Yeah, you may be right. Maybe a cup game we will see him first.

Inigo Montoya

That’s a very high compliment for a primarily right winger. Hope for the best he makes it here
He may start out wide but he seems a natural through the middle. He loves to run with the ball in that central position

Inigo Montoya

Yeah, read all this about him being a wee bit too light weight, but on the other hand I also read he is good enough to go straight onto first team squad. Can't wait to see what he is like.
Tim Vickery stated that he felt he was a bit light even for some Uruguayan games where he does get booted about. His style invites challenges. When he gets stronger we can expect more penalties :mad:

jesperjaap

Sounds odd that Atalanta are letting a gem go. Perhaps the money is too good for them. If it's not, perhaps they could find a place for him in the team even though they don’t play with wingers. Can't wait for him to arrived here and i have heard he has a brother at Sassaulo who is very good as well
Well with the fee possibly rising to £47m that is way too good for them to turn down. Chiesa has been one of the most exciting young players in Serie A for a while and most sought after and his fee will be £50m and he is already proven in the league.....................its an absolutely huge fee for Atalanta regardless of whether he is the next Ronaldo or Messi even

jesperjaap

I can understand the negativity about this transfer window. We expected Sancho, many like me hoped for Grealish, we desperately needed a centre back, we should have signed one of several excellent young central defensive midfielders there are about as well...................and we have signed none of the above, instead a left back and a 33yr old striker, neither of which for me we needed 10% as much as the afore mentioned positions and VDB though perhaps astute isnt an exciting signing. So I dont expect a great season still and also feel we are still after 5 signings, still a few short

But on the other side of the coin, longer term this could turn out to be a very good window with these two young signings. Like everybody else I know little of either bar youtube and though you can see talent with both undoubetly there is nothing telling. But reading about the two of them, they genuinely seem extremely highly rated youngsters, not the usual hype but actual genuine huge prospective talents. Though we have failed to address our most chronic probelms in this window at all which is laughable, you look at the likes of Pellestri, Diallo, Greenwood, Mjebri, Mengi, Henderson and there is genuine optimism looking 18months or so ahead along with the likes of Tuanzabe, Laird, Williams, Garner and a few other youth products makign there way there really should be at least three maybe 5 or 6 top young players in our side in a couple of years time....tho of course Gomes, Morrison, Januzaj....you really never know

Last edited:

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Well with the fee possibly rising to £47m that is way too good for them to turn down. Chiesa has been one of the most exciting young players in Serie A for a while and most sought after and his fee will be £50m and he is already proven in the league.....................its an absolutely huge fee for Atalanta regardless of whether he is the next Ronaldo or Messi even
Absolutely no-one has the fee as being that high.