Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

DarkXaero

What we pay for a player has no relation to their ability or worth clearly.
What is this even supposed to mean? Players are valued by their clubs based on what they're worth. We're paying 20m euros + 20m in addons for an 18 year old who has played basically no top flight football. Do you think the club would spend that money on a teenager that they didn't think highly of?

::sonny::

This kind of signings never worked, never, similar kind of signings in the past:

angelo henriquez
Obertan
Bebe
Dalot
Ljalic
Tosic
Zaha
Varela
Petrucci (the new totti)
James
Powell
Vermijl
De leat
Manucho
Macheda
Diouf
Possebon
Bellion
Dong

so another one to put in that list

Scholsey2004

All those prices are in Euro and Cavani was on a free. Adds up to €100 million so still €20 short of what Dortmund wanted.
Add in the Pellestri money (€10m) and it's starting to look like we decided that we could spend the Sancho money more productively over the squad.

forevrared

Tracking him for 3 years and we wait to make a move until the last day of the window, when there's no time to sort a work permit and he can't actually join for 3 months. :houllier:

Bondi77

Looks like a talented kid and comfortable on both wings.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
What is this even supposed to mean? Players are valued by their clubs based on what they're worth. We're paying 20m euros + 20m in addons for an 18 year old who has played basically no top flight football. Do you think the club would spend that money on a teenager that they didn't think highly of?
I think its irrelevant to their actual ability as I have just said.
Unless you feel that the club has shown a great track record in terms of identifying and valuing the talent they purchase? It not rocket science what is being said here

Scholsey2004

This kind of signings never worked, never, similar kind of signings in the past:

angelo henriquez
Obertan
Bebe
Dalot
Ljalic
Tosic
Zaha
Varela
Petrucci (the new totti)
James
Powell
Vermijl
De leat
Manucho
Macheda
Diouf
Possebon
Bellion
Dong

You've missed Martial from that list. And Ronaldo.

Chairman Steve

Didn’t one of the broadsheet hacks say we filed an application for his work permit the Friday just gone? It wasn’t some mad panic today that happened off the back of a really bad loss.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

angelo henriquez
Obertan
Bebe
Dalot
Ljalic
Tosic
Zaha
Varela
Petrucci (the new totti)
James
Powell
Vermijl
De leat
Manucho
Macheda
Diouf
Possebon
Bellion
Dong

Ronaldo, Chicharito, Pogba, Pique?

Josep Dowling

You've missed Martial from that list. And Ronaldo.
Martial has to be the most overrated player on this site. What exactly has he done? Scored a great goal on his debut. He has been atrocious so far this season and now got himself banned for 3 games.

Ronaldo on the other hand already had a season under Sporting and proved himself against us in pre-season friendlies.

cyberman

angelo henriquez
Obertan
Bebe
Dalot
Ljalic
Tosic
Zaha
Varela
Petrucci (the new totti)
James
Powell
Vermijl
De leat
Manucho
Macheda
Diouf
Possebon
Bellion
Dong

Pique, Pogba, Ronaldo, Martial, Nani, Anderson

Cassidy

Martial has to be the most overrated player on this site. What exactly has he done? Scored a great goal on his debut. He has been atrocious so far this season and now got himself banned for 3 games.

Ronaldo on the other hand already have a season under Sporting and proves himself against us in pre-season friendlies.
Was our top scorer last season for 1

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Didn’t one of the broadsheet hacks say we filed an application for his work permit the Friday just gone? It wasn’t some mad panic today that happened off the back of a really bad loss.
Yes they did. There is also a thread in the reserve forum a couple of weeks ago about how we were going to bid for him.

Drainy

Ronaldo on the other hand already had a season under Sporting and proved himself against us in pre-season friendlies.
Was our top scorer last year?

Scholsey2004

Because the media made it so, and my point still stands, is this really information that needed to be revealed, hes 18 years old ffs
I'm also not sure what the problem is actually. If anything it's a rags to riches story. Illegal immigrant to €40m footballer.

Red Royal

Whats this about entering Italu illegally?? Could it jeopardise his chance of a start in January, cos I am looking forward to seeing him put on our shirt, even though I know virtually nothing about him!

Scholsey2004

Zaha is on your list.

Suvvernmanc

I don't have The same feeling about that Uruguayan kid but we will see.

City and Madrid were snooping about him too.

Could be that were getting the right kids in early. We've signed the 2 fullback kids from Barca and Real, Marc Jurado and Alvaro Fernandez. The striker from City, Charlie McNeil who scored 600 youth goals, and the Atletico wonderkid Alejandro Garnacho.

We have gone mental buying up the talent! I'm very excited by them all

Denis79

Exciting signing, hope he develops in to something special.

Cassidy

I'm also not sure what the problem is actually. If anything it's a rags to riches story. Illegal immigrant to €40m footballer.
Thats not a good thing to all people but to be honest this isn't the place to discuss it. Maybe he doesn't see himself as coming from rags, but you know great you have labeled him as so

With regards to his immigration status, this country and many others are not very friendly to "illegal immigrants"

Shark

@NotShark
Tracking him for 3 years and we wait to make a move until the last day of the window, when there's no time to sort a work permit and he can't actually join for 3 months. :houllier:
Is that true? Fecking hell if so, we're a total circus.

Cassidy

Scored less goals than Lukaku in his highest scoring season. Just about sums it up.
He actually scored more in the league and in less games (was injured for 3 months) but carry on with the nonsense.

DarkXaero

I think its irrelevant to their actual ability as I have just said.
Unless you feel that the club has shown a great track record in terms of identifying and valuing the talent they purchase? It not rocket science what is being said here
Its not irrelevant to their actual ability, ability is a huge component in determining a player's worth. There are sometimes anomalies such as Maguire who was way overpriced, but that's still an established player. You can't be comparing that to an 18 year old who isn't a name to the average fan. Dan James is more of a comparison but he carried British tax, and we still paid much less for him (16 million euros compared to 20 + 20 for Amad).

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
So an 18 year old talent is now future deadwood? Bugger off mate, give the kid a chance.
18 yr potential talent for 19 million + 18 million add-ons, someone with 1 Senior Appearance for Atalanta? Yea, stupid business.

Hope he grows into a star, but I shall remain skeptical given the p*ss poor performance of our scouts in the recent past.

Scholsey2004

Thats not a good thing to all people but to be honest this isn't the place to discuss it.

With regards to his immigration status, this country and many others are not very friendly to "illegal immigrants"
I think you're making a mountain of a molehill to be honest but you're entitled to your opinion.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
He looks exciting. Let's treat this as an extra signing it's not his fault whoever else we did or didn't sign.

Look forward to his career.

Cassidy

Its not irrelevant to their actual ability, ability is a huge component in determining a player's worth. There are sometimes anomalies such as Maguire who was way overpriced, but that's still an established player. You can't be comparing that to an 18 year old who isn't a name to the average fan. Dan James is more of a comparison but he carried British tax, and we still paid much less for him (16 million euros compared to 20 + 20 for Amad).
Again completely missing the actual point, the key element there is the purchasing clubs ability to measure talent and ability, jheeze.

Look at our track record with transfers and you will see our ability to rate talent cannot be trusted, that was the point. So basing someones supposed talent on what WE paid is irrelevant. Because WE don't value talent correctly

Thats not even to say hes not a top talent, was a general point about United and the fact what they think means feck all

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Is that true? Fecking hell if so, we're a total circus.
Might have been interest from else where that forced them to act now or lose out.

Everything isn’t as straight forward as Twitter makes it out to be.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
If there was one thing we needed above anything else it was a punt.

DarkXaero

Again completely missing the actual point, the key element there is the purchasing clubs ability to measure talent and ability, jheeze.
Dude, you don't have a point here, so I don't know wtf you're talking about. My original comment was just a general comment with no controversial element, and yet you're somehow making an argument out of this. Are you okay?

Cassidy

Dude, you don't have a point here, so I don't know wtf you're talking about. My original comment was just a general comment with no controversial element, and yet you're somehow making an argument out of this. Are you okay?
My point was clear, and I didn't argue with you, just made a point, to which you say I have no point :lol:
Im doing great and Ive made my point already