Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
I have said it several times, he is really scared, more scared than Mourinho. So scared of losing, which isn't a good trace for a United manager. Also "he plays youth" no he doesn't! He did, at one time, but he doesn't now.
Maybe you remember SAF leaving an 18yo Paul Pogba out of the squad while a 37yo Paul Scholes was brought out of retirement too no?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Don’t bother wasting your breath on most of the fans on this forum. They’ll just have a pop at you for saying it and when he does become the player you and I know he can become ( if he keeps his head down) They’ll say they said exactly the same. The lads ability is incredible.
It’s funny though, Rashford made a very good assist for McT in similar circumstances. But let’s keep comparing a kid with 2 U23 games under his belt with a seasoned first teamer and international.

We can be excited by what appears to be a real gem that we have but we’re using the hype to criticise senior players. No balance

Mickson

Maybe you remember SAF leaving an 18yo Paul Pogba out of the squad while a 37yo Paul Scholes was brought out of retirement too no?
I remember more that he left Pogba on the bench to play Rafael and Park in central midfield rather than Scholes taking his spot. But yes, Fergie made a mistake with Pogba. What's your point?

Judas

Open to offers
It’s funny though, Rashford made a very good assist for McT in similar circumstances. But let’s keep comparing a kid with 2 U23 games under his belt with a seasoned first teamer and international.

We can be excited by what appears to be a real gem that we have but we’re using the hype to criticise senior players. No balance
Rashford's old news to some on here, much rather talk up kids they've barely seen.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
I remember more that he left Pogba on the bench to play Rafael and Park in central midfield rather than Scholes taking his spot. But yes, Fergie made a mistake with Pogba. What's your point?
Is Fergie a coward for not throwing him on in any of our crisis games during 11/12 run in? Ole's brought through Greenwood, gotten the best and increasingly better performances from McTominay, and pushed Rashford to a new level too. He's been here 2 years and in that time he's only really had Greenwood at the right age profile and talent level to bring through, and he's done that. Who else should he have been throwing in who actually had ability at that time? Not to mention he's signed more youngsters than any post Fergie manager

Teja

So by your logic Fergie is a scared of losing, so isn't a good Man Utd manager

Mickson

Is Fergie a coward for not throwing him on in any of our crisis games during 11/12 run in? Ole's brought through Greenwood, gotten the best and increasingly better performances from McTominay, and pushed Rashford to a new level too. He's been here 2 years and in that time he's only really had Greenwood at the right age profile and talent level to bring through, and he's done that. Who else should he have been throwing in who actually had ability at that time? Not to mention he's signed more youngsters than any post Fergie manager
Yes, he was. Which he probably would admit himself. I'm not blaming Fergie though as he was fantastic and did get it right 9/10 times. I'm not talking about Greenwood, the boy made his debut several years ago. I'm talking about now. Ole right now is scared. Ole two years ago were not scared. How many youngsters have Ole thrown in lately you mean? And if I were to talk about Greenwood, Ole pretty much only had James to choose from and he chose James for months when everyone was saying that Greenwood is one class better.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Yes, he was. Which he probably would admit himself. I'm not blaming Fergie though as he was fantastic and did get it right 9/10 times. I'm not talking about Greenwood, the boy made his debut several years ago. I'm talking about now. Ole right now is scared. Ole two years ago were not scared. How many youngsters have Ole thrown in lately you mean? And if I were to talk about Greenwood, Ole pretty much only had James to choose from and he chose James for months when everyone was saying that Greenwood is one class better.
Ole gave Greenwood his debut when he was 17 years old, what was he supposed to do bar give his new signing, who btw started brilliantly and was years older, a chance? Who are you saying he should be throwing in now?

Judas

Open to offers
He threw in youngsters because he had to, due to injuries or simply a complete lack of belief in first team players. Look at the shite squad that he had when he kept throwing in and compare it to the one now. It's a baffling and bonkers idea to claim he's scared now. The team is simply in a totally different place.

He bed Greenwood in at the perfect pace too, of course he's better than James, but you don't actually want to be playing a kid week in week out, it's not the way to bed a player in, and Fergie approached youngsters in a very similar manner.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
So who should be be playing? Which youth player is a better option that what Ole is using?

Mickson

So who should be be playing? Which youth player is a better option that what Ole is using?
Exactly what I said in this thread: Amad should have gotten on. Ole is way too reserved here. Fergie used to reward good performances in the youth teams. It doesn't have to mean anything, it doesn't need to be permanent. But if you dominate a game in the U23, you should be able to get a taste sometime. I know it was a few injuries then, but the game before Macheda scored against Villa (I don't think Ole would have made that sub) he scored a hattrick for the Reserves.

I remember a manager putting on 17-year-old Macheda and 18-year-old Welbeck against Aston Villa during a close title race.

On the other hand, Amad coming on today against West Ham in the FA Cup 5th round was just too risky for Ole.
Rooney was banned (plus Scholes and Vidic).

Berbatov was injured (and Ferdinand).

Tevez hadn't long flown back from South America (intl).

So Fergie played a 5 man midfield with a jet lagged Tevez upfront. When we were struggling late on (and note the players we had out), he put on his only options... Wellbeck and Macheda.

Macheda who had scored a hat-trick that week for the reserves and was added to the first team squad on Oles recommendation.

Smores

The idea that Fergie only started the youngsters when he had no choice is one of the more ridiculous things I've read on here. We regularly started them for a reward and simply to see what they had, especially in the cups.

macheda14

Exactly what I said in this thread: Amad should have gotten on. Ole is way too reserved here. Fergie used to reward good performances in the youth teams. It doesn't have to mean anything, it doesn't need to be permanent. But if you dominate a game in the U23, you should be able to get a taste sometime. I know it was a few injuries then, but the game before Macheda scored against Villa (I don't think Ole would have made that sub) he scored a hattrick for the Reserves.
The funny thing is Ole did make that kind of sub, in Paris. The match that won him his job. He also did so with Chong and Greenwood after that. Macheda was an entirely different circumstance. We were chasing a game 2-1 down with the knowledge that if we lost we might lose the title. Fergie threw on every attacking sub he had, it was one of those games where you take the risk and maybe you lose 3-1 or you go on and win 3-2. We weren't drawing 0-0 in extra time where we still need to keep defensive shape and have experience to see the game out once we go ahead. You know the crazy thing that happened? We won 1-0 with Rashford getting an assist and we proceeded to keep the ball and see the game out.

Ole has proven that he is willing to bring youth through, he did it last season, brandon played a lot as did greenwood. He took youth players all over to Astana, and Chong still got a few games here and there (which going by his loan in germany he isnt good enough). Currently we have no one really knocking on the door apart from Amad, who has just moved here from another country so 1, doesnt speak the language and 2, hasn't yet embedded himself amongst the team and club. Amad will get his chances soon enough, just like Greenwood did last season.

Elanga is perhaps the only forward player who could have maybe had a look in, but he's been injured. Hannibal is playing CM where we're stacked and Shola is far too young, Puigmal looks like he isn't signing a contract and Hugill again is too young and slight to play against adult CBs. Just tell me and everyone else which players Ole should be introducing as proof that he plays youth.

Anustart89

What's this about Diallo being fined for falsifying documents related to his Italian passport? Says that he had someone pretend to be his mum and dad :lol:
Yes, Amad, at ten years old, held a gun to a man’s head and told him to pretend being his father or else he would kill him, before falsifying documents and presenting himself as an international businessman.

Allegedly.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
The guy's barely even had any football this season, even for the Atalanta youth side. Even though I'd love to see him feature against West Brom, it wouldn't exactly be ridiculous to want him to have another game with the U23s against Arsenal with an eye to a debut against Sociedad.

Mickson

The funny thing is Ole did make that kind of sub, in Paris. The match that won him his job. He also did so with Chong and Greenwood after that. Macheda was an entirely different circumstance. We were chasing a game 2-1 down with the knowledge that if we lost we might lose the title. Fergie threw on every attacking sub he had, it was one of those games where you take the risk and maybe you lose 3-1 or you go on and win 3-2. We weren't drawing 0-0 in extra time where we still need to keep defensive shape and have experience to see the game out once we go ahead. You know the crazy thing that happened? We won 1-0 with Rashford getting an assist and we proceeded to keep the ball and see the game out.

Ole has proven that he is willing to bring youth through, he did it last season, brandon played a lot as did greenwood. He took youth players all over to Astana, and Chong still got a few games here and there (which going by his loan in germany he isnt good enough). Currently we have no one really knocking on the door apart from Amad, who has just moved here from another country so 1, doesnt speak the language and 2, hasn't yet embedded himself amongst the team and club. Amad will get his chances soon enough, just like Greenwood did last season.

Elanga is perhaps the only forward player who could have maybe had a look in, but he's been injured. Hannibal is playing CM where we're stacked and Shola is far too young, Puigmal looks like he isn't signing a contract and Hugill again is too young and slight to play against adult CBs. Just tell me and everyone else which players Ole should be introducing as proof that he plays youth.
I have had this discussion multiple times, and every time people make the same argument: "He played youth against Astana, he gave Greenwood the chance." Yes, but that was two years ago. He DID it, but he doesn't anymore. Because now he's scared of his job, and maybe that's reasonable for him. It isn't weird. However, I think that a United manager should take risks. Should he put on Amad at 1-0? YES! That's what great managers do, they take risks, they reward players for good performances. They do not stick their head in the sand and try something that we all know will fail.

macheda14

I have had this discussion multiple times, and every time people make the same argument: "He played youth against Astana, he gave Greenwood the chance." Yes, but that was two years ago. He DID it, but he doesn't anymore. Because now he's scared of his job, and maybe that's reasonable for him. It isn't weird. However, I think that a United manager should take risks. Should he put on Amad at 1-0? YES! That's what great managers do, they take risks, they reward players for good performances. They do not stick their head in the sand and try something that we all know will fail.
But you’re not answering the key question, which players from the youth setup should he have introduced in the intervening period. When people talk about Greenwood they aren’t talking about throwing him in a few games in Ole’s first season it’s the gradual introduction that occurred last season resulting in him finishing the season as a first choice player.

And no great managers don’t do that. Everyone has told you why the Macheda situation is different. You don’t throw in a young attacker when you’re defending a 1-0 lead in extra time of the FA cup. It didn’t fail. We won the game and kept the lead?! You’re acting like we bloody lost.

You are literally just too excited to see Amad that you aren’t being rational.

BR7

James Wilson too - but in hindsight i'm not sure the reserve level was quite as good as it is these days. He had everything though it seemed! (apart from determination and a work ethic)
Sorry, my bad I thought you meant players who were deemed excellent by some fans but failed to make an impact at the senior level. Yeah well pique kind of shot himself with a couple of howlers when given his small opportunities. I can think of the one away at Bolton straight away.
Trying to think back didn’t Wilson have a leg break same as Will Keane?
I think my disappointment so far has been Tahith, I expected much more from him but that little ass of a left back at Everton did a real job on him twice in that u18s game.

croadyman

The guy's barely even had any football this season, even for the Atalanta youth side. Even though I'd love to see him feature against West Brom, it wouldn't exactly be ridiculous to want him to have another game with the U23s against Arsenal with an eye to a debut against Sociedad.
Yeah I could understand that decision and just seeing him actually make the bench on Tuesday was a positive for me

Mickson

But you’re not answering the key question, which players from the youth setup should he have introduced in the intervening period. When people talk about Greenwood they aren’t talking about throwing him in a few games in Ole’s first season it’s the gradual introduction that occurred last season resulting in him finishing the season as a first choice player.

And no great managers don’t do that. Everyone has told you why the Macheda situation is different. You don’t throw in a young attacker when you’re defending a 1-0 lead in extra time of the FA cup. It didn’t fail. We won the game and kept the lead?! You’re acting like we bloody lost.

You are literally just too excited to see Amad that you aren’t being rational.
Here are a few: Galbraith, Levitt, Mengi, Laird, and Elanga. I would also have taken Hugill on the bench just to show that you get rewarded after four goals against Liverpool. As I said earlier, it's not about promoting full time, it's about an ethos and a feeling that you have a chance and get rewarded after good performances.

Judas

Open to offers
Here are a few: Galbraith, Levitt, Mengi, Laird, and Elanga. I would also have taken Hugill on the bench just to show that you get rewarded after four goals against Liverpool. As I said earlier, it's not about promoting full time, it's about an ethos and a feeling that you have a chance and get rewarded after good performances.
So who you dropping? Does Martial or Cavani not make the match day squad so Hugill can potentially sit on the bench?

Someone like Laird probably would have got a chance if he wasn't injured often, now he's gone on loan which was a smart move.

I don't really get this weird idea that Ole is scared to use youth players, if the CL had gone differently, I'm sure we'd have seen a whole load of them play towards the end of the group stage, if we'd had easier cup draws, again I think we'd have seen more.

I think next season will be different in terms of how often we see them, plus a lot of these players will be older and will have bulked out more.

You've also got the different bubble issue, I'm not sure but that might also play a part in why you see less promotion of them randomly.

Mickson

So who you dropping? Does Martial or Cavani not make the match day squad so Hugill can potentially sit on the bench?

Someone like Laird probably would have got a chance if he wasn't injured often, now he's gone on loan which was a smart move.

I don't really get this weird idea that Ole is scared to use youth players, if the CL had gone differently, I'm sure we'd have seen a whole load of them play towards the end of the group stage, if we'd had easier cup draws, again I think we'd have seen more.

I think next season will be different in terms of how often we see them, plus a lot of these players will be older and will have bulked out more.

You've also got the different bubble issue, I'm not sure but that might also play a part in why you see less promotion of them randomly.
Realistically, considering how poor Martial has been and how little interest he has shown, it's not unreasonable to argue for that. However, I don't think that will motivate Martial. I would leave out James or maybe a defender. Remember that we have 9 subs now.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
We were chasing a must win game, that's when you just throw on all available attackers. You don't really throw on green attacker when you need to retain defensive solidity. Rashford at the very least will track back and also have the experience to retain the ball once we were ahead. Rashford still also got the all important assist...
Rashford didn't track back against West Ham. There were loads of times where he clearly just left his man to wait for a counter.

dinostar77

Yeah I could understand that decision and just seeing him actually make the bench on Tuesday was a positive for me
Our U23 manager has already been quoted in the press that we need to be patient with diallo and not play him in the first team any time soon. Precious talent that we have to be careful not to destroy.

Judas

Open to offers
Rashford didn't track back against West Ham. There were loads of times where he clearly just left his man to wait for a counter.
Seems clear to me at this point this is a tactic, if it wasn't and he's meant to be defending, you'd have seen Ole sort it the hell out by now.

GoldTrafford99

I have said it several times, he is really scared, more scared than Mourinho. So scared of losing, which isn't a good trace for a United manager. Also "he plays youth" no he doesn't! He did, at one time, but he doesn't now.

Are you for fecking real?

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has named more youth team members in our first team squad per match than any other manager of any club in Premier League history (incl Sir Alex). Also, exactly 50% of the transfer signings in that he has made since becoming Man Utd manager have been under the age of 18 and have gone into our academy... He is literally - and transparently - building for the future.

You couldn't make this shit up....

On top of that; Diallo is working with all of our first team coaches, hasn't got a word of English, hasn't moved into his new house yet, has a mountain of things to learn, not only about football in England, but the English culture, English society, English values.... yet despite all of these coaches and staff working with him, little old Mickson on the Caf knows better than all of them about WHEN he is ready for a first team game? Ha ha.

Last edited:

GoldTrafford99

Well this shows you haven't got a clue, mate. You truly don't.

Solskjaer convinced Fergie to put Macheda into the first team squad that day. If you have read Sir Alex's second biography, you would know that.

So you literally couldn't have attempted a more embarrassing 'example' for yourself there.

I'm sorry - but your "argument" over the last few pages that Ole Gunnar doesn't put faith in our academy is a clear delusion. Ole was our academy director for five years. Ole has promoted more academy graduates per match than any other manager in Premier League history. Ole has signed 7 academy players since becoming manager two years ago - from Barcelona, from Real Madrid.. the best young talent in Italy, The best young talent in South America etc...

You are saying Ole doesn't promote youth.

When the FACT is:

No manager has EVER promoted more youth per match in Premier League history...

That's how wide wrong you are.

Mortifying.

Last edited:

Mickson

Are you for fecking real?

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has named more youth team members in our first team squad per match than any other manager of any club in Premier League history (incl Sir Alex). Also, exactly 50% of his transfer signings in that he has made since becoming Man Utd manager have been under the age of 19 and have gone into our academy... He is literally - and transparently - building for the future.

You couldn't make this shit up....

On top of that; Diallo is working with all of our first team coaches, hasn't got a word of English, hasn't moved into his new house yet, has a mountain of things to learn, yet despite all of these coaches and staff working with him, you know better than them about WHEN he is ready for a first team game? Ha ha.
Yeah Ole is a real hero for playing Rashford, who broke through three years before Ole came. I don't care about your irrelevant stats, because all I have said is that Ole hasn't given youth a chance now. He did it in the beginning, but he has changed. It's like saying Fred is useless because he was poor two years ago. Regarding Amad, he should've got on.

Well this shows you haven't got a clue.

Solskjaer convinced Fergie to put Macheda into the first team squad that day.

So you literally couldn't have attempted a more embarrassing 'example' there.
So Ole (show me evidence) convinced Fergie once 15 years ago that he should give a player a chance. Great example. I'm curious, what's your point here? The thesis I'm on is that Ole is scared about his job and therefore doesn't want to take risks. How is it a risk for Ole, as a reserve team coach, to recommend a player? How is that comparable? All your posts show that you don't know anything, about anything.

Paul778

Yeah Ole is a real hero for playing Rashford, who broke through three years before Ole came. I don't care about your irrelevant stats, because all I have said is that Ole hasn't given youth a chance now. He did it in the beginning, but he has changed. It's like saying Fred is useless because he was poor two years ago. Regarding Amad, he should've got on.

So Ole (show me evidence) convinced Fergie once 15 years ago that he should give a player a chance. Great example. I'm curious, what's your point here? The thesis I'm on is that Ole is scared about his job and therefore doesn't want to take risks. How is it a risk for Ole, as a reserve team coach, to recommend a player? How is that comparable? All your posts show that you don't know anything, about anything.
Love the way you cut the line in the original message where he gave you tge reference about Ole, Macheda - from the autobiography. Lolz. The definition of a misquote!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
You can see how Ole has been building for the future pretty clearly, the best example being selling Lukaku and not signing a replacement which gave Greenwood at 17 years old an amazing chance to stake a claim.

GoldTrafford99

Are you six years of age?

You post like you are six.

But more worryingly, you seem to misunderstand like a six year old.

Read this for the final time: Ole has played more academy graduates per match than ANY OTHER MANAGER in Premier League history - that's about 900 managers.

Yet you are arguing Ole doesn't play enough youth. NO MANAGER HAS EVER PLAYED MORE YOUTH PER MATCH. EVER!!

I'm not giving you an opinion that you are wrong. I am telling you with absolute certainty and fact that you are wrong.

Think about what you are trying to argue for feck sake.

You are demanding a player you have NEVER seen play before, be given a first team place. You know nothing about Diallo. Nothing about how he has settled in to England, Nothing about his level of the English language. Nothing about his living habits. Nothing about his game play (you haven't even seen him play in the flesh yet).

You sound like a kid who hasn't got a clue about even the most simplistic philosophies of football. Honesty.

Imagine thinking you know better about Diallo than ALL of the coaches who work with Diallo on a daily basis. You haven't even watched the kid play yet. This is hilarious. Ha ha.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You can see how Ole has been building for the future pretty clearly, the best example being selling Lukaku and not signing a replacement which gave Greenwood at 17 years old an amazing chance to stake a claim.
No one was really available, he wanted Haaland but didn't get him.

markhughes

The Redcafe youth kink is strong in this thread, we have barely seen the kid play and many of you are frothing at the mouth for him. Chill out, if he is that good he will make the team and if he needs more time then he will get it, the coaches know best.

Be patient young Padawan’s.

Mickson

Love the way you cut the line in the original message where he gave you tge reference about Ole, Macheda - from the autobiography. Lolz. The definition of a misquote!
He didn't give any reference, hence the question. He must have updated his post.

Are you six years of age?

You post like you are six.

But more worryingly, you seem to misunderstand like a six year old.

Read this for the final time: Ole has played more academy graduates per match than ANY OTHER MANAGER in Premier League history - that's about 900 managers.

Yet you are arguing Ole doesn't play enough youth. NO MANAGER HAS EVER PLAYED MORE YOUTH PER MATCH. EVER!!

I'm not giving you an opinion that you are wrong. I am telling you with absolute certainty and fact that you are wrong.

Think about what you are trying to argue for feck sake.

You are demanding a player you have NEVER seen play before, be given a first team place. You know nothing about Diallo. Nothing about how he has settled in to England, Nothing about his level of the English language. Nothing about his living habits. Nothing about his game play (you haven't even seen him play in the flesh yet).

You sound like a kid who hasn't got a clue about even the most simplistic philosophies of football. Honesty.

Imagine thinking you know better about Diallo than ALL of the coaches who work with Diallo on a daily basis. You haven't even watched the kid play yet. This is hilarious. Ha ha.
Such a weird post. I try to explain it to you, once again. Ole gave youth a chance, but he doesn't do it now. Do you see the difference? Berbatov was once a good footballer, he isn't anymore. Do you understand what I'm saying? But your point is so stupid, so I'm actually going to answer that either way. Ole plays Rashford, McTominay, Pogba, Tuanzebe etc. Players he has not brought up. It's like Mourinho takes over peak Barca and then you say "Mourinho plays youth!!!!!" because he plays Xavi and Iniesta. Don't you see how incredibly stupid that logic is?

Then you spend three paragraphs laughing that I haven't seen Diallo. I'll slag you off right away. Yes, I have seen Diallo. I have seen him play for Atalanta and I have seen him play for Manchester United. Several times.

Well this shows you haven't got a clue, mate. You truly don't.

Solskjaer convinced Fergie to put Macheda into the first team squad that day. If you have read Sir Alex's second biography, you would know that.

So you literally couldn't have attempted a more embarrassing 'example' for yourself there.

I'm sorry - but your "argument" over the last few pages that Ole Gunnar doesn't put faith in our academy is a clear delusion. Ole was our academy director for five years. Ole has promoted more academy graduates per match than any other manager in Premier League history. Ole has signed 7 academy players since becoming manager two years ago - from Barcelona, from Real Madrid.. the best young talent in Italy, The best young talent in South America etc...

You are saying Ole doesn't promote youth.

When the FACT is:

No manager has EVER promoted more youth per match in Premier League history...

That's how wide wrong you are.

Mortifying.
Just have a look at his recent posts in other threads.

Agenda.

(I'd already replied about the Macheda sub saying Ole had convinced SAF but no reply. Also that game, Berbatov injured, Rooney suspended and Tevez just back from S America (intl). SAF (1) had little options and (2) was losing. It's an awful example to use to try and argue Ole doesn't do things SAF did... as different situations and plain wrong. Again... agenda).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I do think with extra time giving Amad 10 minutes wouldn't have hurt, especially as Rashford looked tired and hurt his back falling over.

I suppose they didn't plan on actually playing him at all, they just wanted him to be in the "match atmosphere".

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I don't think he will play too much this season. Maybe one or two appearances if Utd are 3 0 up. Ole has yet to get a new contract and the League is very nip and tuck. I realise that alot of you play games like fifa and football manager. In those games the stats increase rapidly when you give a player game-time. This, however, is real life. So I suggest you switch over to the SIMS and learn to nurture someone to reach their full potential.

Grump

Such a weird post. I try to explain it to you, once again. Ole gave youth a chance, but he doesn't do it now.
Mason Greenwood, Brandon Williams played the last game. Mason was even a starter.
So I do understand that other posters are laughing at you. You're kinda funny you know.