Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

city-puma

Finally!
just hope Bailly doesn’t break Diallo’s leg in the first team training.

Rustyspider13

Didn't realize this was done. Welcome Amad! Hopefully he gets some first team minutes this season, even if it is in the EL.

laughtersassassin

ESPN article with sound makes it sound like we have been ripped off.

Hopefully they are dead wrong. Personally think he looks promising but for the price hell need to be more than that

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Hopefully they are dead wrong. Personally think he looks promising but for the price hell need to be more than that
ESPN are clickbait idiots run by mark Ogden.

croadyman

19 years old, never played in the PL...

I expect him to start against Burnley & Liverpool
Yeah chuck him in at the deep end and see if he sinks or swims, being realistic I would expect he could make the bench in the next round of the FA Cup (well provided we don't slip over against Deeney & co)

rotherham_red

"But while he's an undeniably exciting prospect, we all know that's no guarantee of success. After all, the game is littered with young players hampered by the '"next Messi" tag.

One professional scout with deep insight into the Italian youth scene says that Diallo's undoubted potential still needs to translate to first-team level.

"I have seen Diallo many times and he's an interesting talent, but I have to admit that the deal, especially at the figures involved, was a great surprise to me," he told ESPN under the condition of anonymity. "Yes, he's excelled at youth level and yes, even with those from age groups above, but in my view he's not comparable to players like [Barcelona's] Ansu Fati, [Real Madrid's] Vinicius Jr., Reinier or Rodrygo, who I all tracked at youth level. And for the money involved in this deal you expect a potential world star. I just don't see Amad Diallo having the same potential of those I mentioned.""

Bit concerning on the face of it, but it's one person's opinion at the end of the day.

According to the same article, another club rated his potential at 7.5 (Messi at his peak for reference, was rated at 9.0) which is pretty fricking good. And our scouts have been waxing lyrical over him for a while, which is fine by me.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

This is from the piece by Ogden and the scout making the claim apparently wants to stay anonymous. I thought I'll post it here because it'll be good to measure him up against the likes of Fati, Rodrygo, Reiner and Vinicius who has had plenty of below par games.

rotherham_red

This is from the piece by Ogden and the scout making the claim apparently wants to stay anonymous. I thought I'll post it here because it'll be good to measure him up against the likes of Fati, Rodrygo, Reiner and Vinicius who has had plenty of below par games.

Other than Fati and maybe Rodrygo, none of the others have really caught my eye tbh.

croadyman

Not even arrived in the country yet and ABU's are already having a pop at him

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Which will apply to almost every talent his age. I hope the club (and the fans) are willing to be patient. Reading the Greenwood thread, I wouldn’t be too confident about that.

laughtersassassin

If he isn't as good as vinicius I'd be disappointed as he is not very good at all

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Other than Fati and maybe Rodrygo, none of the others have really caught my eye tbh.
I've watched Fati and Diallo at youth level in around 7 full games each. And my personal observation was that Fati was a little more explosive whilst Diallo was technically superior in his first touch and link play. Fati has translated his youth performances to the Barca first team while we wait to see if Diallo can do the same.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Which will apply to almost every talent his age. I hope the club (and the fans) are willing to be patient. Reading the Greenwood thread, I wouldn’t be too confident about that.
You know the fans won't be patient especially fans with a huge fan base. Our fans didn't spare Cristiano Ronaldo.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fati is priced at over 100m so I think that sounds fair to be honest?! The others were all 60+ too. If diallo is as good as those we’ve got a snip.

Anyway, all Ole needs to do is show him those quotes and let him get to work ;)

Davie Moyes

I've watched Fati and Diallo at youth level in around 7 full games each. And my personal observation was that Fati was a little more explosive whilst Diallo was technically superior in his first touch and link play. Fati has translated his youth performances to the Barca first team while we wait to see if Diallo can do the same.
That anonymous scout from ESPN can do one. We have our own resident scout in Adnan whose opinion I trust.

NYAS

I personally know a scout who told me he hasn’t seen a talent with more potential since Messi. Can’t say his name though.

See how easy that was?

Davie Moyes

Have Vinicius Jnr and Rodrygo both not cost around 40m euros or more each? Diallo is costing less than half of that up front whilst the remaining half is all add-ons.

youmeletsfly

So he is not ar the level of Fati, Rodrygo or Vinicius, well, we should be fecking glad he is not:
- Vinicius is a forward version of AWB. How thay boy is playing for Madrid and still doesn't know how to hit a football is beyond me, the same with AWB
- Rodrygo can't cross a ball if his life would depend on it
- The lil Fati is a fecking lil diver at just 18, but I guess that's the Barca school right there.

Hope to see the day when people understand that you can't compare players 1:1, they're not fecking sawing machines.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That anonymous scout from ESPN can do one. We have our own resident scout in Adnan whose opinion I trust.
I've had my share of misses mate.. But hopefully this lad can be a good player for us, but will need time.

saivet

Interesting though from watching bits of those other players, Fati is a league of his own compared to those guys. Interesting to hear different perspectives nonetheless.

desirere

Not his fan, far from it, but wish him luck.
Care to elaborate? So you’re his biggest critic/hater? The whole sentence is just odd but the “far from it” takes the cake. I presume you’ve watched a bucketload of his youth games to form such a character opinion? Been following him since 2015 and such?

onemanarmy

Care to elaborate? So you’re his biggest critic/hater? The whole sentence is just odd but the “far from it” takes the cake. I presume you’ve watched a bucketload of his youth games to form such a character opinion? Been following him since 2015 and such?
It's a joke.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Old joke. You haven't been here long enough to get it :lol:

RUCK4444

:lol: :lol: