Amad Diallo | Sunderland Loan Watch

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Not really. We know that Bruno can play there already (wide play-maker) and now Mason.
Mason is probably out of picture but I do agree about the general point, Antony/Bruno/Sancho is enough for right wing and as much as I'd love Amad to just take this position from Antony, I think we should consider giving Amad another season on loan.

Right wing is the easiest position to play at United because the center of gravity is leaning left as that's where Rashford/Shaw and now Mount will play. For this reason right side naturally gets much more space. But that comes with defensie duties so I can see why ETH was so desperate to get Antony.

Wing Attack Plan R

If he doesn’t get a chance this season then what’s the point of keeping him?

He did well in the Championship last season, toughened up and really improved and influenced.

Don’t think he will want to be loaned out again - he wants to fight for a place at Utd. Remember we paid something like30m for this boy. He has 2 years + 1 left on his contract.
£19m + £18.2m in add-ons is what I read the fee as.

Mr Smith

I have no idea why we'd consider sending him on loan again. The season he had for Sunderland suggested he's ready to step up. He's a perfect deputy for Antony on the right, especially given Sancho will likely play mostly on the left (or be sold) next season. I'll be quite annoyed if we loan him out again.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I have no idea why we'd consider sending him on loan again. The season he had for Sunderland suggested he's ready to step up. He's a perfect deputy for Antony on the right, especially given Sancho will likely play mostly on the left (or be sold) next season. I'll be quite annoyed if we loan him out again.
Agreed, would make no sense to do so. Only to a team just below elite level where he would pretty much be guaranteed to start.

Otherwise it is far better to have him just behind Antony, regular rotation and sub-ins.

Crimson King

Agreed, would make no sense to do so. Only to a team just below elite level where he would pretty much be guaranteed to start.

Otherwise it is far better to have him just behind Antony, regular rotation and sub-ins.
Yeah I don't think another championship loan would be conducive to his development at all, and if we did it makes more sense to let him go to Sunderland again where we know they'll play him regularly.

Unless it's being used to sweeten a deal for Lavia... which I very much doubt.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
If it's a PL loan then could be worthwhile

Not sure we can give enough game time to all of Rashford, Antony, Sancho, Amad, Pellistri, Garnacho (Elanga too but hopefully he's sold)

One of Amad & Pellistri probably need a loan

Sparky Rhiwabon

I assume that we may be open to sending him out on loan again if Southampton have been encouraged to make an offer.

Catalandevil

If it's a PL loan then could be worthwhile

Not sure we can give enough game time to all of Rashford, Antony, Sancho, Amad, Pellistri, Garnacho (Elanga too but hopefully he's sold)

One of Amad & Pellistri probably need a loan
Elanga and Pellistri are most likely going on loan or are going to be sold. Rashford may play lots of minutes as striker and ETH may use Sancho as #8 in games against low block teams.

I believe we will have enough minutes for all if we do well in cups.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Watched him quite a lot last season including a few games in person, I don't think he's ready for the step up, another loan would be the better move in my opinion.

OleGunnar20

Amad is a very misunderstood player. The kid is a natural baller. Everything he does is so natural… ball control, passing, striking the ball etc. His touch is as Messiesque as you’ll see. There’s not much you can teach him except role in the team. He’s always scored a hatful of goals all through the development stages even his serie a debut and the few games he played for us except Rangers where they didn’t know how to use him. At Sunderland he wasn’t scoring the first 9 games until the coach told him he wanted him to score more so he was just trying to be too unselfish. He is definitely better than antony as he can comfortably go both left or right, decision making is better as well as passing and scoring. I have no doubt he will bench Antony on the right.
I agree that he's class and would like to see him replace Sancho personally, who I'd be happy to see sold.

Rashford/Garnacho on the left.
Antony/Diallo on the right.
Pellestri as 5th place backup?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I doubt we get 2 strikers so Rashy will play upfront, left wing Sancho and Garnacho and RW Antony and Amad

Judas

Open to offers
He'll go out on loan again, already made my peace with it. I just hope its PL, another championship loan doesn't really suit anyone but the team he goes to.

Smores

If it's a championship loan it just shows we're not bothering with the youngsters, instead just focusing on immediate seasons.

Personally think that's a mistake in general but also because he's ready to actually contribute. He's the player we thought we were getting in Sancho.

massey

He's proved himself in the championship if He goes on loan again there it will show we have no idea what we are doing in regards to the youngsters,He need premiership football be it with us or another side otherwise what is it solving regarding what his talent actually is.

NoPace

I doubt we get 2 strikers so Rashy will play upfront, left wing Sancho and Garnacho and RW Antony and Amad
At the moment yeah, it does look like this:

ST: Rashford, Hoijlund, Martial
LW: Sancho, Garnacho
RW: Antony, Amad

and maybe Pellistri or Elanga doesn't go on loan since Martial is often injured.

I don't hate it, definitely relying on 2 young players to breakout and join Rashford as clear starters, but that is a lot of talent at ages they should improve, except Martial, and even he's only 27. I think he'll end up sticking around because Ten Hag rates him and getting 20-25 games from him makes more sense than grabbing a backup striker who isn't good enough like Weghorst.

OverratedOpinion

No more loan. No more. Its time to stop.
I agree. Players like Grealish, Maddison, Toney ect have come from the Championship and done brilliantly. It is easy to argue that Amad had a better season on the Championship than any of them on their last year in that division.

If he'd had the year he just had and had a contract with Sunderland a bunch of Prem clubs would be trying to sign him for big money. Our right wing isn't exactly settled.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I agree. Players like Grealish, Maddison, Toney ect have come from the Championship and done brilliantly. It is easy to argue that Amad had a better season on the Championship than any of them on their last year in that division.

If he'd had the year he just had and had a contract with Sunderland a bunch of Prem clubs would be trying to sign him for big money. Our right wing isn't exactly settled.
If Ten Hag rates him enough to give him the kind of chances Garnacho was given, then we need to be selling Jadon Sancho or Pellistri. My vote is for Sancho, but either way - our right wing has too many "could be" players.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
At the moment yeah, it does look like this:

ST: Rashford, Hoijlund, Martial
LW: Sancho, Garnacho
RW: Antony, Amad

and maybe Pellistri or Elanga doesn't go on loan since Martial is often injured.

I don't hate it, definitely relying on 2 young players to breakout and join Rashford as clear starters, but that is a lot of talent at ages they should improve, except Martial, and even he's only 27. I think he'll end up sticking around because Ten Hag rates him and getting 20-25 games from him makes more sense than grabbing a backup striker who isn't good enough like Weghorst.
A bit risky for ETH but at Garnacho is ready for another step up and if Hojlund plays well, Rashy can move to LW

STYLOISRED

Why send him out on loan again!?? Are we not tired of having poor bench options??? Must Antony start every game of the season?? Pep has one of if not the most stacked benches in the world with players like Foden regularly making sub appearances. Why can't we have that??

noelyman

Why send him out on loan again!?? Are we not tired of having poor bench options??? Must Antony start every game of the season?? Pep has one of if not the most stacked benches in the world with players like Foden regularly making sub appearances. Why can't we have that??
Most of us are. But it seems some of our fans would rather have all our young promising players farmed out on loan rather than chomping at the bit on the United bench waiting for their chance. We pride ourselves on always having a United academy player in the squad for decades. Not for being like Chelsea with two teams worth of youth prospects farmed out on loan. Most of whom won’t be given the chance to play.

Amad couldn’t have done more than he did on his loan last year. The Sunderland manager is convinced that the premier league is Amads level but our fans know better. Cos reasons… stall development etc yadda. He’s ready as he’ll ever be. Give him his shot. He’s more than earned it.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Most of us are. But it seems some of our fans would rather have all our young promising players farmed out on loan rather than chomping at the bit on the United bench waiting for their chance. We pride ourselves on always having a United academy player in the squad for decades. Not for being like Chelsea with two teams worth of youth prospects farmed out on loan. Most of whom won’t be given the chance to play.

Amad couldn’t have done more than he did on his loan last year. The Sunderland manager is convinced that the premier league is Amads level but our fans know better. Cos reasons… stall development etc yadda. He’s ready as he’ll ever be. Give him his shot. He’s more than earned it.
He may have done well at Sunderland. But is he ready to replace Antony, a Brazilian International? Otherwise, he is wasting developmental time sitting on the bench when he could be playing elsewhere. And that will be detrimental to his career in the long run.

noelyman

He may have done well at Sunderland. But is he ready to replace Antony, a Brazilian International? Otherwise, he is wasting developmental time sitting on the bench when he could be playing elsewhere. And that will be detrimental to his career in the long run.
Yeah you’re right. “You win nothing with kids!”

No one would have guessed Rashford was ready, similarly Mount got his chance at Chelsea due to a transfer ban.

If we don’t give these kids at least a chance of a route into the first team then we won’t keep them or be able to sign future prospects. We are saying even if you have a blinding season in The Championship it’s not enough. We are not the club to give you a chance. Fergie was adamant that the United tradition says we are and most fans are proud of that record.

He could end up on a s**t loan like the one he had at Rangers and people using it as evidence that he’s not good enough. Meanwhile he’s a year closer to the end of his contract and will end up moving elsewhere like Pogba or Gomes did for first team football.

James35

For me I’m still nowhere near convinced with Antony or Sancho. Amad has surely earned his squad chance, if he is loaned out again I just imagine that he will be sold the following summer.

Lyng

He needs to be given a proper chance. Honestly think his ceiling is way higher than Antonys

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
More rumours Sancho is for sale. Surely we will need to replace him or give Amad his spot
One of those confusing situations - on one hand he looks so frail when up against physicality and a mentally challenging contest and on the other he is technically so talented.

Idxomer

One of those confusing situations - on one hand he looks so frail when up against physicality and a mentally challenging contest and on the other he is technically so talented.
That's not true anymore, he coped fine with the physicality of the championship the longer he played there. He's much stronger now than when he first came to United. He gets bullied sometimes but not more than players like Sancho or even Bruno.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's not true anymore, he coped fine with the physicality of the championship the longer he played there. He's much stronger now than when he first came to United. He gets bullied sometimes but not more than players like Sancho or even Bruno.
I was taking about Sancho