Amad Diallo | Sunderland Loan Watch

JohnnyLaw

Should be Antonys back up next season.

Really annoys me that we persisted with giving Elanga minutes over him.
Surely it’s better for him to go out an play every week than to play bits and pieces here though.
Had Antony joined earlier and Sancho and him both not been unavailable for selection at the moment Elanga probably wouldn’t have had a start for us.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yup! A-lot of people wrote him off after his Rangers spell. Only turned 20 in July and he's clearly a big talent.
Technically very good.

He and Sancho will have to answer the same questions though (I’m not writing Sancho off yet like many).

They have all the technical ability in world but they need the mental toughness and determination to go with it.

Robbie Boy

Technically very good.

He and Sancho will have to answer the same questions though (I’m not writing Sancho off yet like many).

They have all the technical ability in world but they need the mental toughness and determination to go with it.
Aye; your last paragraph is spot on. It's far too early to make any definitive conclusion on Amad, but he's doing well, so let's be optimistic. However, without that determination and mental fortitide, things can go go south pretty quickly. Januzaj is a prime example of this; had all the talent to do amazing things here, but he lacked that gritty determination.

Re Sancho: I'm really at a loss to what's going on with him. He's so talented but something just looks off.

Remember the geese

He's a really curious case. Actually featuring for a biggish national team before breaking through for his club
It is definitely unorthodox. Unfortunately, the loan moves we planned for him were pretty ill-advised. He does have some really good qualities. He's quick and direct, plays with intensity and with a good work rate. Also, decent link up play within a short distance. I just don't see his game as being expansive enough though. I think he will go on to have a decent career in Spain. Perhaps he can even go one further and make United look a bit silly in a few years.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
In my opinion he has a more expansive skillset. Both are good dribblers, but Amad also has great vision and a superior passing range. In my view, Amad is better technically, more creative and is a bigger goal threat too.
Ok. I don’t think he’s better technically having watched them, nothing in it.

Different players though (even though both wide/wingers). With the right CF, I think Pellistri would be better cover and give us something different.. a winger who doesn’t cut inside, I like the idea of having variation in a squad.

All opinions though.

Faetheshire86

Was a rough start to the season, but really good to see him establish himself and come into some good form. Another good performance and cracking goal.

If he has a strong second half of the season, maybe someone will buy him off us for £9m-£15m! I'm told that's the going rate for United youngsters who have very good seasons in the Championship.

Remember the geese

Different players though (even though both wide/wingers). With the right CF, I think Pellistri would be better cover and give us something different.. a winger who doesn’t cut inside, I like the idea of having variation in a squad.

All opinions though.
Yeah they are quite different in the sense that Pellistri is more likely to play as an old school traditional winger, as opposed to Amad's more modern, playmaker style. Different strokes for different folks :)

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Always thought he's got it. Just a question if he'll make it here.

I hope so because Sancho's looking like a flop atm

Valencia Shin Crosses

All opinions though.
Geniune question, who was the last actually effective winger that didn't cut inside?

They don't really exist in the modern game because we aren't playing 442 anymore, you have a lone striker. So whipping in a bunch of aerial crosses from near the corner flag isn't that effective. Plus in most top sides the fullback is that outside crossing threat

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Geniune question, who was the last actually effective winger that didn't cut inside?

They don't really exist in the modern game because we aren't playing 442 anymore, you have a lone striker. So whipping in a bunch of aerial crosses from near the corner flag isn't that effective. Plus in most top sides the fullback is that outside crossing threat
You're correct.

It's the fullback that is winger in the traditional sense or should be in the game today. And in some cases the fullback is also required to tuck-in and provide a attacking threat in a more centralised role.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Imagine if after spending £100m's on wingers, Garnacho and Amad became our first choice. I've got to say Tony Mowbray is doing a great job with him. We need to get more of our youngsters under his wing. The things he says about Amad are just perfect in moving him in the right direction to turn talent into a functional top level player - you can see he's took it on board already.

DevilRed

That goal he scored was special..

Not alot of people can generate so much power & accuracy with so little backlift.

There is this argentinian guy who comes to mind..

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looks like he's coming along physically which will be important for him.

That core strength for the first assist was Messi like, the 2nd goal was Robben-esque.

Great to see him doing well. Is the championship pausing for the world cup too?

bludsucker

Was last night for sure.

But hasn't been up til now.
And that tells us something about judging a young player too quickly. Let’s hope we build a better environment for our young players to grow into good footballers by being a bit more patient.

Deery

Dreary
And that tells us something about judging a young player too quickly. Let’s hope we build a better environment for our young players to grow into good footballers by being a bit more patient.
He played well for 50 minutes against a shit Birmingham side, let’s not get too carried away about him doing it for United just yet.

Wrecking ralf

Would be really beneficial to find Pellistri a championship club in Jan that will get him at least half a season of football to see how he fares. It’s working wonders for Mejbri and Amad. Laird too is getting a start every game. Pellistri really needs to be starting games too.

bludsucker

He played well for 50 minutes against a shit Birmingham side, let’s not get too carried away about him doing it for United just yet.
Who said anything about him doing it for United. He was being branded a flop for being on loan in the championship at Sunderland and not tearing it up there. So yeah a bit of patience is needed when judging young players.

Glorio

Good point. Has actually had very impactful games against Wolves & Milan for the United first team though. It's obvious he wasn't ready though, and we just need to make sure he can build some consistency - which will come as he gets more actual game experience, and builds strength and intensity which he seems to be doing