Amad Diallo | Sunderland Loan Watch

Glorio

Was last night for sure.

But hasn't been up til now.
I'd say over their last 3 games he's definitely been there or thereabouts.

Simms, and perhaps the chap that played a blinder against his old club (played on the left side) the game before last night are the only ones in the argument.

Deery

Dreary
Who said anything about him doing it for United. He was being branded a flop for being on loan in the championship at Sunderland and not tearing it up there. So yeah a bit of patience is needed when judging young players.
If he keeps performing like how he did last night I’d bring him back into the fold next season. However I think many are getting a little ahead of themselves just now..

Deery

Dreary
Good point. Has actually had very impactful games against Wolves & Milan for the United first team though. It's obvious he wasn't ready though, and we just need to make sure he can build some consistency - which will come as he gets more actual game experience, and builds strength and intensity which he seems to be doing
Seems to have gotten a little faster and a little stronger, but I’ll wait until the end of the season before thinking he’s good enough.

bludsucker

If he keeps performing like how he did last night I’d bring him back into the fold next season. However I think many are getting a little ahead of themselves just now..
I am not getting ahead of myself. I am just happy that for once we are seeing one of our players on loan doing well. Might not make it at United but still good to see is getting things right in terms of getting out players a good loan experience. I

Lentwood

I think he’ll have a decent career just not with Utd
Thing is...that goal he scored last night was pure talent and technique...it takes a really good technician to score a goal like that

I think that's why so many are willing to give him more time, technically he's got far more ability than someone like Elanga or arguably even Rashford....although Rashford is undeniably a better player right now

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
If he was to just have a few games tearing it up at Sunderland, he’d soon be worth what you paid for him. Not exactly a champagne moment, but better than how it was looking.

I think he could be one of the best players in that league towards the end of the season.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Providing he continues to have a good season I think we should then try to loan him to a PL team next year, he needs regular football more than anything.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Some people in this thread seem more interested in their own opinion than the development of the player

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think it’s to counter the ones who are writing him off already.

Good performance though, the fans love him even if he is (as expected) inconsistent.

Deery

Dreary
I think it’s to counter the ones who are writing him off already.

Good performance though, the fans love him even if he is (as expected) inconsistent.
I’m sure he’ll provide good entertainment for the Mackems this season.

Dve

"Diallo is an amazing footballer," said Mowbray. "He's come to the party.

"I think there's an understanding that this kid has real talent and deserves to be well respected within the team. Someone told me he cost £37million and I find it difficult to believe he’s at Sunderland.

"For me to pick Diallo ahead of Patrick Roberts when I'd said he was the best player in the league is big. But Diallo's training has been unbelievable, how fast he is, how direct he is and how good he is with the ball.

"You look at his physical data in every match in the last three or four games, he's been the highest distance covered, the highest sprint distance covered, the highest high-intensity energy runs. He scored a wonderful goal but we see him do that every day."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...nderland-manchester-united-amad-goal-25498871

pascell

Looks like he's coming along physically which will be important for him.

That core strength for the first assist was Messi like, the 2nd goal was Robben-esque.

Great to see him doing well. Is the championship pausing for the world cup too?
The next time Sunderland play is 3rd December. There's a mid-season break as such then resumes in three weeks.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The next time Sunderland play is 3rd December. There's a mid-season break as such then resumes in three weeks.
ah ok not too bad then.

He’s started hitting form and built up some momentum so I hope he doesn’t lose that

Abraxas

Amad is probably ridiculous in a 5 a side game, even with top footballers. It's just about the making of him in men's football. The talent level on the ball can surely not be under question.

If he's running like Mowbray says, working off the ball, increasing his impact on games, those are the signs we need to see. If he does that for a season he can be a genuine contender as Antony does need a rotation option.

MDFC Manager

"I think there's an understanding that this kid has real talent and deserves to be well respected within the team. Someone told me he cost £37million and I find it difficult to believe he’s at Sunderland.

"For me to pick Diallo ahead of Patrick Roberts when I'd said he was the best player in the league is big. But Diallo's training has been unbelievable, how fast he is, how direct he is and how good he is with the ball.

"You look at his physical data in every match in the last three or four games, he's been the highest distance covered, the highest sprint distance covered, the highest high-intensity energy runs. He scored a wonderful goal but we see him do that every day."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...nderland-manchester-united-amad-goal-25498871
He's a complete Amad fangirl :lol:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Mowbray seems to rate him very highly. Wouldn't hurt to let him stay at Sunderland for one more season.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
He played well for 50 minutes against a shit Birmingham side, let’s not get too carried away about him doing it for United just yet.
It certainly appears that most posters are not getting carried away with Amad's displays so far, but you can see he is gradually getting used to the Championship, he looks a little bigger than last season, and much more involved in each game. I can see a much more rounded player going back to United in the summer, but whether he'll be pushing Antony for a starting spot I'm not sure, so possibly a 6 month loan next season to a prem club could be on the cards.
By the way, calling Birmingham s**t is a bit disrespectful. They had a rough start, but just recently have been performing well, getting good results, or you could just be downplaying Amad's performance.

Deery

Dreary
It certainly appears that most posters are not getting carried away with Amad's displays so far, but you can see he is gradually getting used to the Championship, he looks a little bigger than last season, and much more involved in each game. I can see a much more rounded player going back to United in the summer, but whether he'll be pushing Antony for a starting spot I'm not sure, so possibly a 6 month loan next season to a prem club could be on the cards.
By the way, calling Birmingham s**t is a bit disrespectful. They had a rough start, but just recently have been performing well, getting good results, or you could just be downplaying Amad's performance.
His performance was great but I did think Birmingham players stood off him quite a bit, as I said above I’d bring him back if he keeps performing well, don’t think I’d loan him out again if he can keep the level up.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
His performance was great but I did think Birmingham players stood off him quite a bit, as I said above I’d bring him back if he keeps performing well, don’t think I’d loan him out again if he can keep the level up.
Perhaps they were a bit wary of his skill on the ball, and didn't want to dive in to win the ball, who knows, or perhaps playing a lot of games in a short period is catching up with them.
We'll both find out next summer, but I would love to see him challenging Antony for that right sided position next season.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble

Pretty sick praise!

HookedOnAPhelan

Fecking hell, Mowbray seems really committed to helping Amad develop. Must be great for the kid to have his manager constantly big him up like that.

SAF is the GOAT

Fecking hell, Mowbray seems really committed to helping Amad develop. Must be great for the kid to have his manager constantly big him up like that.
Finally he has a manager that believe in him, not like that twat van bronckhorst(manager of rangers)

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Mowbray clearly wants Amad apart of his family. What a fan boy he is

BerryBerryShrew

There are no good clubs to send our players to- only good managers and coaches. What I mean is that if Amad ultimately has a fruitful loan and then Mowbray gets the boot at Sunderland, then we should send more of our players to whatever club Mowbray goes to next as opposed to Sunderland.

Likewise Rangers looked like a perfect loan on paper but GvB had absolutely no interest in helping Amad to improve so it was a bit pointless.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
His off the ball intensity and work rate has always been underrated because he's slight. He works very hard off the ball, makes a lot of sprints, and has a lot of intensity.

Don't think he works less hard than any of Rashford, Martial, Sancho, Greenwood did. He also knows how to press, it comes natural to him.

mav_9me

His off the ball intensity and work rate has always been underrated because he's slight. He works very hard off the ball, makes a lot of sprints, and has a lot of intensity.

Don't think he works less hard than any of Rashford, Martial, Sancho, Greenwood did. He also knows how to press, it comes natural to him.
I've felt, so far of what we've seen here, it's his on the ball drive is what's lacking. Kinda like Sancho, have felt he could do more on the ball and just be more aggressive with runs when we have the ball.