Amad Diallo | Sunderland Loan Watch

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
91st percentile for progressive passes, 92nd for passes into the final 3rd, very good ball carrying stats... Seems like he's not creating the chances but is doing all the main work to get the ball into great positions for others to play the final ball.
He is trying to finish off more under mowbrey. Will round up his game a bit more

mav_9me

Players like him and Sancho need a possession/controlling style of play. Remains to be seen what ETH wants to do with us

Mwooyo

Will keep saying this...Amad doesnt need another loan. Amad is already better than anthony or sancho at some things and is on per with them for others. He just needs a chance in the first team.

I see people saying he needs another loan like we have elite wingers already playing for us....no we dont. We got anthony who is so one footed, its scary and sancho who has never really shinned on the right wing for us.

We definitely need amad with us next season. Players who actually need to be loaned are elanga and pellistri. We need to sell persistent disappointments like martial, dony, maguire and mctominay. These players have shown consistently that they are not of the level required fitness wise or talent wise. Thats where we need to be ruthless

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Players like him and Sancho need a possession/controlling style of play. Remains to be seen what ETH wants to do with us
Very true.

I suspect he does too but need to change or re-train the personnel.
Next season maybe too early for amad as we will be in a transitory phase. Best stay out on loan

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The recent comments from Mowbray are a tad alarming.

He will need to put in a lot of conditioning and strength work post season if he wants to be part of the first team next season.

I guess it can't be easy diving head first into a league as hard as the Championship however.

El Zoido

That his body has 'shut down'.

Too many games, too much for his body to handle.

That'd alarm me for a young player to have to be rested with still just under a quarter of the season left.
It’s completely normal, this is why young players are eased in.

Nickosaur

That'd alarm me for a young player to have to be rested with still just under a quarter of the season left.
Odd take. Do you not think Mowbray is managing his fitness like any responsible manager should?

ZH1

So he's a kid who's come to us from academy football in Italy, now academy football in England is way off the pace of the Champ/Prem football so imagine the difference who's coming from a traditionally slow tempo game in Italy.

Now he's gone on loan in one of the most physically demanding leagues, plays 3 times a week almost all the time, and you're alarmed that he needs a week's rest?

Some people just think these guys must be robots.

Remember the geese

Perfectly normal for a young player to be rested. Especially one like Amad, who has played so little football prior to this season.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He could break a toe nail and you'd have fans going ' alarms bells ringing here'.

Marwood

Like Mobray said, he's gone from never playing 3 consecutive 90 mins to playing week in week out. Young or not that's a very quick increase.

Champ

So he's a kid who's come to us from academy football in Italy, now academy football in England is way off the pace of the Champ/Prem football so imagine the difference who's coming from a traditionally slow tempo game in Italy.

Now he's gone on loan in one of the most physically demanding leagues, plays 3 times a week almost all the time, and you're alarmed that he needs a week's rest?

Some people just think these guys must be robots.
It's been a week already, he won't play any part in this week's games either,
There's no injury, it's fatigue,
All I'm alarmed about is running the lad into the ground,
The fact that he needs two weeks rest and there's still 11 or so games left to play, probably suggests that he has already been run into the ground.
That's not the best for a you g developing player.

Champ

Odd take. Do you not think Mowbray is managing his fitness like any responsible manager should?
What's odd about not wanting a young United player to be protected and managed slightly better?
Had he managed his fitness he wouldn't have been run into the ground and require multiple weeks rest.

ZH1

It's been a week already, he won't play any part in this week's games either,
There's no injury, it's fatigue,
All I'm alarmed about is running the lad into the ground,
The fact that he needs two weeks rest and there's still 11 or so games left to play, probably suggests that he has already been run into the ground.
That's not the best for a you g developing player.
Yes I know its fatigue, but can a young 20 year old footballer not feel fatigue when this is his first full season of mens football?

His performance level has dropped from its peak in December when he was the best player in the league, Mowbory believes that is tiredness and given him 1 or 2 weeks off, honestly I don't see the issue you have with this.

We have players suffering from fatigue in the first team at Man Utd but we can easily rest the player and call upon a replacement and its a none issue in the media which is why its almost never questioned.

The fact that you think its an issue that he's being rested mid-season is the most alarming thing here.

OL29

What's odd about not wanting a young United player to be protected and managed slightly better?
Had he managed his fitness he wouldn't have been run into the ground and require multiple weeks rest.
Fergie used to give Ronaldo a couple weeks off to recuperate too, it’s pretty common practice for young players whose bodies are still adjusting to the rigours of professional football. I don’t really see the big deal?

Champ

Just going to spell it out here, as there's quite a few on here that obviously don't get my point.

There's threads on here dedicated to our managers not rotating or resting players and running them into the ground, hundreds of responses claiming the players are knackered, they need a rest etc.

Yet here is a young United player who has literally been run into the ground, his current manager is claiming his body is shutting down, and only now is deciding to rest him because he has been forced into it by his body shutting down'.

And no one has an issue with this?

gajender

Just going to spell it out here, as there's quite a few on here that obviously don't get my point.

There's threads on here dedicated to our managers not rotating or resting players and running them into the ground, hundreds of responses claiming the players are knackered, they need a rest etc.

Yet here is a young United player who has literally been run into the ground, his current manager is claiming his body is shutting down, and only now is deciding to rest him because he has been forced into it by his body shutting down'.

Your initial points were nothing what you are suggesting now .

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Your initial points were nothing what you are suggesting now .
He has this weird take on everything Amad related. He’ll come and caveat it by saying he’s just “nuanced” but it’s abundantly obvious throughout his post history in this thread and the loan thread

Rockets Redglare

I don’t get your point? What long term effect will fatigue and being given a couple of weeks to recuperate have on Amad?

Rusholme Ruffian

I get your point even if others seem determined to look for some kind of negative agenda!
The sensible thing to do with young players is to give them a rest BEFORE they run out of steam, not run them into the ground and then say "oh look, he's fatigued so I can't pick him". I don't know the exact situation with Mowbray, but hopefully it is the former.

Abraxas

Not really. I think it's part of modern football. You've got to be prepared to handle the grind. Play when tired, play through a knock. They get paid stacks and they're expected to perform for it, that's precisely how they get paid such sums - lots of football. I think it's good for him, he's getting toughened up and accustomed to men's first team football which is what he lacks whereas if he was getting an easy ride he wouldn't be anywhere near ready for Man Utd.

Presumably the sports science guys and manager have identified enough is enough and he needs to come out, which is fine. There is of course a balance as you don't want a serious injury and that isn't the case, they've pulled him out so I don't see anything to gripe at.

Champ

I get your point even if others seem determined to look for some kind of negative agenda!
The sensible thing to do with young players is to give them a rest BEFORE they run out of steam, not run them into the ground and then say "oh look, he's fatigued so I can't pick him". I don't know the exact situation with Mowbray, but hopefully it is the former.
Agree with you here, hopefully a few weeks rest will allow his body to fully recover and he can finish the season off strong.
I just feel the language Mowbray used was alarming, certainly when there is still a chunk of the season to go.

NYAS

He’s part of the Ivoire squad for the coming two games v Comoros.

Rusholme Ruffian

Agree with you here, hopefully a few weeks rest will allow his body to fully recover and he can finish the season off strong.
I just feel the language Mowbray used was alarming, certainly when there is still a chunk of the season to go.
Yeah, I totally agree with your original point. I think it's the language used by Mowbray that is what's concerning - not the fact that Amad's being given a rest. You'd hope that United would be getting regular science/statistical feedback on his physical state, cos like you said I'm sure it's not good to use young players until they physically break down.

El Zoido

He’s developed massively at Sunderland, great attitude and application shown, alongside the innate talent. And look at him today, after a week off to recover, he comes on in the second half, wins a penalty, takes it and scores it, and is immediately grabbing the ball and running it back to the halfway line. Huge credit must go to Tony Mowbray for utilising and managing him perfectly during this loan spell.