Amad Diallo | Sunderland Loan Watch

Red Rash

I boldly predict that when his career ends he will be end up being somewhere between Bebe and Messi in terms of his standing in the game

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Named MOTM his touches, pass completion etc all been of the top 5 players on the pitch. Poor performance.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I've just noticed in the past that you've been quite critical of him. Yeah, really nice goal.
I don't think I've been overly critical, but it probably appears so due to not fawning over him in the way some have on here.

He's a talent and one we are lucky to have at the club, however he still has a way to go for me before he becomes a first team regular.

The good thing is he is certainly on the right trajectory, playing in the Championship has done wonders for him.

CM10

He was quieter in the second half but Sunderland weren't great generally after Boro went down to 10 men. The goal was well taken though at a crunch time in the match

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Comments on here are so confusing. Is this match taking place in the multiverse?
He played very well outside of missing a sitter and being poor in a few transition moments. Transitions aren’t his strength at the moment - but when he has players around him that he can play off he’s exceptional going from slow to quick. Some of his first touches were brilliant today and he also made some great intense runs in behind which have been quite rare until today. He deservedly got MOTM but as always with Amad you know he’s capable of much more which bodes very well going forward.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
The skill he has is clear. I’m intrigued by what his ceiling is, if he develops a desire to dominate the game week in, week out I think he’ll be an amazing player.

Sylar

Our future RW with Antony and Sancho on the bench?

Would be funny if amad and pellistri end up becoming our long term right wingers given the circumstances.
Ole wanted Sancho, we end up getting these two instead
We get sancho anyway and played on the left then eth gets Antony but the players there are better ...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
75 attempted passes from right wing?! This guy is him

krazyrobus

Would be funny if amad and pellistri end up becoming our long term right wingers given the circumstances.
We get sancho anyway and played on the left then eth gets Antony but the players there are better ...
Don't know about funny, more an indication of shit planning.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
if he was ever going to make it here, he’d have to be turning in man of the match performances in the championship.

Idxomer

I think Amad will end up as a no.10, his game is restricted a bit when he's on the wings.

Sylar

Don't know about funny, more an indication of shit planning.
I'd rather laugh than cry. Still have hopes for all four and think we have a manager who can either make them excel and improve or know they aren't good enough (and trust that)

I think Amad will end up as a no.10, his game is restricted a bit when he's on the wings.
I can't see us using a number 10 as in a 4411. Think he might go right wing and have freedom especially as it looks like amad can use both feet

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He played very well outside of missing a sitter and being poor in a few transition moments. Transitions aren’t his strength at the moment - but when he has players around him that he can play off he’s exceptional going from slow to quick. Some of his first touches were brilliant today and he also made some great intense runs in behind which have been quite rare until today. He deservedly got MOTM but as always with Amad you know he’s capable of much more which bodes very well going forward.
100%. We will appreciate him even more when he players with better players.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
3% missed? don't want. Sloppy performance

mav_9me

I don't mean to criticize Antony, but what Amad did for the goal, Antony never does. Just an observation.

Ultimately whether it's Antony or Sancho or Amad or Pellestri we need a RW

Remember the geese

I don't think I've been overly critical, but it probably appears so due to not fawning over him in the way some have on here.

He's a talent and one we are lucky to have at the club, however he still has a way to go for me before he becomes a first team regular.

The good thing is he is certainly on the right trajectory, playing in the Championship has done wonders for him.
I think it was the whole Elanga over Amad business that first caught my attention. Agreed that he has a long way to go before he becomes a first team regular, but he's never going to achieve that status while on loan. However, he looks good enough to compete for a place with us next season.

His development has been a bit inconsistent and that is as much on us and Rangers as it is on him. Good to see him shining now.

-Supreme-

Looking very promising, will be interesting to see if we will recall him if Sunderland are promoted to the PL next season. He’s easily a £50m+ player if he can replicate his form to the PL

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I don't mean to criticize Antony, but what Amad did for the goal, Antony never does. Just an observation.

Ultimately whether it's Antony or Sancho or Amad or Pellestri we need a RW
They are very different sort of players. Amad is an inside RW but most likely a #8 when he's 27y.o

mav_9me

Yes you do.

If you’re going to make another post needlessly attacking one of our players at least own it ffs
Yes you are right. I am being critical of Antony.

I meant to say, I don't want to pick on Antony as if he is our only or biggest problem.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Nice to have a winger which is somewhat different in traits to Garnacho, yet still closer with overall end product.