Amad Diallo | Sunderland Loan Watch

Raven

He seems to be lighting up the championship, I reckon he's probably ready to come back into the squad next season.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He seems to be lighting up the championship, I reckon he's probably ready to come back into the squad next season.
Would be a shame though. I am sure ETH will play Antony on the RW and Bruno is a dead cert starter.
Best get another season under his belt playing full time before coming home. He'll only be 21-22 then

Raven

Would be a shame though. I am sure ETH will play Antony on the RW and Bruno is a dead cert starter.
Best get another season under his belt playing full time before coming home. He'll only be 21-22 then
He'd get loads of games between the right wing and attacking midfield.

AneRu

He has to come back into the team next season for the manager to see where he is at in terms of his long term future here - is he a future top player that we can blood in, would he be a potential squad player that can play a role or should we look to sell him with a buyback clause of sorts. Loaning him out continuously will help no one in the end, decisions have to be made and making that decision in January 24 after giving him a run in the team seems apt to me.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He has to come back into the team next season for the manager to see where he is at in terms of his long term future here - is he a future top player that we can blood in, would he be a potential squad player that can play a role or should we look to sell him with a buyback clause of sorts. Loaning him out continuously will help no one in the end, decisions have to be made and making that decision in January 24 after giving him a run in the team seems apt to me.
Of course all loanees come back for the summer.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm glad he's doing well. Was weird to see him written off earlier

Bwuk

I’ve said it since the first time he played for use, he needs a run.

I’ve watched a lot of Sunderland play. Him kicking on is no coincidence.

He’s a far better footballer than Antony.

Woziak

He’s ready to challenge Sancho, Garnaucho, Antony for right inverted striker number 10 and left wing, we simply do not score and create enough goals. We need all these players fighting out for one place alongside Rashford, a new number 9 and ready to take their chance when their are injuries. I’d recall him now if we could that’s how highly I rate him.

BorisManUtd

We have some seriously talented wingers/attacking players in Amad, Garnacho, Pellistri. Sancho and Antony are still young as well.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I’ve said it since the first time he played for use, he needs a run.

I’ve watched a lot of Sunderland play. Him kicking on is no coincidence.

He’s a far better footballer than Antony.
Yeah I thought it was obvious even in the few run outs he had with us that he was extremely talented as a footballer, just needed to learn how to impose himself on games.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble

Even when Diallo is listed as an "AMC", he plays in a wide RW role that suits ETHs style really well.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
When he comes back here next season, could we use him in AM? That’s where he’s getting trained at Sunderland although he still drifts out a lot to the right.

Hoof the ball

Surely he's better than Saka right now. Sure, Saka is putting up some good performances versus PL opposition, but Diallo is doing it in a much, much more physical league.

Whitus Textus.

bosskeano

that goal shows you how much we are missing Greenwood...exactly the type of goal he would have been scoring for us

luke511

I’m still salty Solskjaer dropped him indefinitely after scoring vs AC Milan and used James for the rest of the season instead. Could’ve saved the club £160 million in transfers if we actually tried to develop him in the first team ourselves.

RuudTom83

Looking good, potentially Amad could give Antony some much needed competition next season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really hope ten Hag gives him a fair shake next season. I think he's mega.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He seems to be really kicking on now. Just shows how important it is to loan these kids out to the right club, completely wasted last season at Rangers.
I'm not so sure, he potentially learned a lot from his shortcomings Rangers and could have been a reason for him kicking on. Progress isn't linear.

Strootman's Finger

I’m still salty Solskjaer dropped him indefinitely after scoring vs AC Milan and used James for the rest of the season instead. Could’ve saved the club £160 million in transfers if we actually tried to develop him in the first team ourselves.
Who would have developed him? The last regime was incapable of developing a player.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Should he have been recalled?
Nah. Whilst he would be a good option to have on the bench or even start at the moment, he's basically the attacking hub for Sunderland right now. There's still a good fighting chance they end in the top 6, and even more crucially Amad has a genuine chance to be considered the EFL player or young player of the year if he continues as he is.

That level of development and growth would be massive. We've had some good Championship loans in the last few years -- Henderson, Garner, Tuanzebe etc... but I don't think any of those have been as pivotal as Amad has been for Sunderland since he has become a mainstay in their XI.

luke511

Who would have developed him? The last regime was incapable of developing a player.
The last regime might've not even happened if Solskjaer had invested in a CDM instead of stubbornly sticking with spending it all on Sancho, all very hypothetical of course.

Strootman's Finger

The last regime might've not even happened if Solskjaer had invested in a CDM instead of stubbornly sticking with spending it all on Sancho, all very hypothetical of course.
I meant Solskjaer, I don't count Ralf. Solskjaer, as much as I love him as a player, could have bought all the best players in the world and he would still have no idea how to coach and develop them.

luke511

I meant Solskjaer, I don't count Ralf. Solskjaer, as much as I love him as a player, could have bought all the best players in the world and he would still have no idea how to coach and develop them.
True, although the best talents develop themselves to a certain degree as long as they're getting the minutes, Greenwood for example.

Skills

Snitch
I don't know what you do next season. I genuinely don't think a bottom PL loan does anything at all for someone like him. He needs to play in a team that are trying to win games by unlocking defences, not countering.

He also needs games to develop. Would an Eridivisie loan be good for him?

Strootman's Finger

True, although the best talents develop themselves to a certain degree as long as they're getting the minutes, Greenwood for example.
And how good could Greenwood have been if a coach like Ten Hag was developing him? The Greenwood we saw was raw talent, and he had loads of it, but no one was properly developing him as a player.