Amad Diallo | Sunderland Loan Watch

Idxomer

Where did you get the 2 1/2 years of being on loan? Half a season at Rangers and now going into the 2nd half of a year's loan at Sunderland. Actual time-wise, that's basically 1 season of senior football under his belt.
I said if he's away for 2 and a half years which would be the case if he's spending another year on loan as suggested on the previous page.

Last edited:

SoCross

Wasn’t he rated second biggest talent after Fati in his age group or something when we secured his signing?

Glad to see the kid do so well, hoping for a similarly successful loan for Pellistri soon.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Amad has been playing for some time now. I think he is ready to come back and fight for his place. There are so many games to play, surely ETH see a reason to rest some players. I think Amad is more ready to take on fullback than Antony. I am actually disappointed that we made so much for him yet his quality is nowhere near. For 80 million, we should be talking about someone with pure quality with 7 rating each game. Antony is a 5.5 or 6 is most games.

MadMike

I mean the way Antony's playing, if it continues he will get games at RW as well.
Perhaps, but it’s more complicated on the RW. There’s also Sancho, Pellistri and Elanga there. Even if the latter goes or isn’t viewed as a RW, there’s at least two other players behind Antony. There’s currently no one behind Bruno.

There’s also the fact his skill set seems better suited to #10 than RW. He’s got technique and vision, but he’s not particularly fast or strong.

Lentwood

I don't understand why so many are so keen to rush him back when things are going well for his development at Sunderland.

As usual, some were too quick too right him off and now some are too quick to declare him the second-coming.

Realistically, if he comes back next season, he's competing with Rashford (top scorer), Sancho (£73m), Anthony (£80m), Garnacho (big breakthrough season) and possibly Bruno, Elanga, Martial and Pellistri for minutes as a wide-forward

Unless we're sure he's coming back to start 20+ games, I say let him continue to play every week out on loan, he's still only 20, even if he comes back to us at 21/22, he's still all of his best years ahead of him

next_number_seven

Someone on the UWS podcast said that Amads very good at releasing the ball quickly before he's tackled. He said he's learned to be quick brained to make up for being small and not pacey.

From what I've seen, I think hes very good in tight spaces. I think he'd be useful in games against teams in a low block

next_number_seven

Someone on the UWS podcast said that Amads very good at releasing the ball quickly before he's tackled. He said he's learned to be quick brained to make up for being small and not pacey.

From what I've seen, I think hes very good in tight spaces. I think he'd be useful in games against teams in a low block
I'm not saying he's slow but he's definitely not as pacey as Rashford or Garnacho.
He is very agile with great balance and technique so that's enough to give him a bit of space to pick a pass or shoot

3KDré

I don't understand why so many are so keen to rush him back when things are going well for his development at Sunderland.

As usual, some were too quick too right him off and now some are too quick to declare him the second-coming.

Realistically, if he comes back next season, he's competing with Rashford (top scorer), Sancho (£73m), Anthony (£80m), Garnacho (big breakthrough season) and possibly Bruno, Elanga, Martial and Pellistri for minutes as a wide-forward

Unless we're sure he's coming back to start 20+ games, I say let him continue to play every week out on loan, he's still only 20, even if he comes back to us at 21/22, he's still all of his best years ahead of him
Quite mad to think we didn't have a natural RW since Valencia moved to right back, now all of a sudden we've got 4.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Another "legacy" of the Glazers

just as we didn't replace Carrick as DM, RVP as a ST etc
Anthony Martial , Romelu Lukaku, Nemanja Matić, Alexis Sanchez are players bought for those roles, some of the blame goes to the managers as well

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

100% this.

Patience is in very short supply in this day & age. Instant gratification seems the way of life nowadays.
I see his best position is to replace or sub for Bruno. There just isn't any bandwidth next year for that. The year after maybe... Bruno will be 30 by then and I bet his energy levels will drop a little by then. And will need more intermittent rests.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Hope they get promoted and he can stay there for another season.
But I bet mowbrey will go low block all season just to survive especially the 1st season.
Burnley with the way kompany is trying to get them to play maybe a better shout

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Silky left foot. Hope ETH will develop him next season, seems to be an exciting talent after all

Yakuza_devils

While I understand everyone excitement about Amad, there is a big step up from championship to EPL.

We signed one of the best young talent in championship - Zaha and he took several years to make it in EPL with Crystal Palace.

We need to be absolutely sure Amad is ready for Man Utd before getting him back. I feel his next step should be a loan move to a EPL team and if he can perform then we bring him back.

Bwuk

While I understand everyone excitement about Amad, there is a big step up from championship to EPL.

We signed one of the best young talent in championship - Zaha and he took several years to make it in EPL with Crystal Palace.

We need to be absolutely sure Amad is ready for Man Utd before getting him back. I feel his next step should be a loan move to a EPL team and if he can perform then we bring him back.
Zaha didn't get a chance here. He went to Palace and continued his trajectory.

Trex

How long did it take Madison or Grealish. He should get an opportunity in preseason.

Dannn411

Do you reckon he'd be open to another Championship loan?
I don't think he would be open after the season he has had there and I wouldn't be open either. He is good enough to play regularly for Manchester United today and should be integrated into the core first team as soon as he comes back.

Dannn411

I'm sorry but I disagree. What does Garnacho have that Amad doesn't? I'd even argue that Amad was far more potent playing against guys several years older at U23 level than Garnacho was. He is good enough to play for United immediately and has been good enough since he joined. He has just never gotten the sustained run of games that should have been given to him. Another loan would be taking the p*** and would simply be incredibly unfair to him. He deserves a sustained crack at regular first team football like has been given to Garnacho and we can have our wide forward positions sorted for a decade at least.

Pickle85

I'm sorry but I disagree. What does Garnacho have that Amad doesn't? I'd even argue that Amad was far more potent playing against guys several years older at U23 level than Garnacho was. He is good enough to play for United immediately and has been good enough since he joined. He has just never gotten the sustained run of games that should have been given to him. Another loan would be taking the p*** and would simply be incredibly unfair to him. He deserves a sustained crack at regular first team football like has been given to Garnacho and we can have our wide forward positions sorted for a decade at least.
Nope, as demonstrated by manager after manager loaning him out. This loan spell has been great for him and i hope he comes back and is integrated into the squad but let's not rewrite history.

Remember the geese

No more loans after this one please. He needs to be given a healthy amount of games next season and viewed as genuine competition for Antony, Sancho and Bruno. His style of play lends itself to having someone in close proximity to him where he can link up intelligently and make clever give-and-go's. He does this brilliantly at Sunderland with Roberts. The team moves to his beat. I think this could work nicely in conjunction with Sancho and Antony. Bruno, I'm less sure about.

phelans shorts

Nope, as demonstrated by manager after manager loaning him out. This loan spell has been great for him and i hope he comes back and is integrated into the squad but let's not rewrite history.
To be fair, his ability with the ball at his feet I would agree has always been good enough, his issue has been learning how to use his slight frame, which needed a run of games that we just couldn’t give him (we probably would have if he had Garnacho’s blistering pace to make up for it, but that’s another matter). Rangers decided it was too high pressure to risk him like that which was unfortunate and I’d argue daft on their part but their prerogative. If only he hadn’t got injured the day of his Feyenoord medical eh.

He’s finally getting it with Sunderland and we can all see just how good he is, what we do with him next season is very interesting as do we keep this momentum going with a PL loan or add him to our squad? He’s a serious talent that I’d love to see make it here.

Dannn411

"Manager after manager". The manager who loaned him out also did a terrible job and was subsequently terminated. The manager who refused to play him at Rangers has also been fired. Just because a manager makes a decision doesn't mean its the correct one. He's always been good enough. He scored in a european quarterfinal and was one of our best players on the night, was our best player at Wolves on the final day of that season and he was never given a sustained chance after that. Next thing we know Ten Hag was deploying him as a Centre Forward.

MDFC Manager

How many more games are Sunderland potentially playing this season? Another 15 or so starts for him will be brilliant before pre season comes around

Edit: minimum 19 games left? Hope he gets to start most of those