Amad Diallo | Sunderland Loan Watch

mav_9me

I've seen more from him than I have from Antony. I'd rather him here next season then on loan again.

I'd like to have the belief that United can still nurture top talents rather than farming them out and hoping one of the loans work. Especially when the players that stay here in the first team in similar positions aren't exactly setting the world alight
Whilst I agree with you, and am desperate to see him with us, I also trust ETH with this.

TsuWave

Whilst I agree with you, and am desperate to see him with us, I also trust ETH with this.
That's understandable, and though I'm a fan of EtH and the work he has done thus far - I don't really think of managers as infallible nor do I trust their judgement in all things - if the assessment I've made based on performance evidence is a total 180 off/from theirs.

Just a difference of opinion. But yeah, I do hope he stays and that we can help him reach new heights next season.

Idxomer

The average age of Sunderland players on the pitch right now is probably less than 20.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Thought he was barely involved in that second half, a few decent moments but Sunderland couldn't really keep hold of the ball so not really his fault.
Amad and Roberts are for sure Sunderland's best players though.

mav_9me

You can see his positives. Clearly the standout player for Sunderland along with Roberts

Remember the geese

Really good performance. Could/should have done better on one or two occasions in the first half, but he caused them all sorts of problems whenever he had the ball. I say it every week, but I love watching him play.

JustinC00

Thought he was okay. Couple of good runs and passes but other than that not impressive. Pereira looked a level above him today at the #10. He's definitely going to be outmuscled in midfield more often than not. Got outmuscled today and it almost lead to a goal and you can say it was a foul but refs are shite and it's always a 50/50 if they are gonna call something like that a foul.

skeelz

Thought he was okay. Couple of good runs and passes but other than that not impressive. Pereira looked a level above him today at the #10. He's definitely going to be outmuscled in midfield more often than not. Got outmuscled today and it almost lead to a goal and you can say it was a foul but refs are shite and it's always a 50/50 if they are gonna call something like that a foul.
Pereira was playing in a much better team. Honestly think Amad would have created more if he was playing for Fulham today

Remember the geese

It was a clear foul. Poor refereeing indeed.

Oldham

Looked really good although he should have done better on a couple of occasions...
Bring him back next season to fight for a starting spot

The Irish Connection

Watched the second half. Thought he looked good when on the ball. Definite positives there. Between him, Pellistri and Sancho, Antony should have good competition next season.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Watched the second half. Thought he looked good when on the ball. Definite positives there. Between him, Pellistri and Sancho, Antony should have good competition next season.
All best on the right, we used to pray for times like this.

All of them have awesome potential and ability as well.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I’ve seen him like 15 times this season, if not more. This wasn’t his best game, he had a few he has been magic in, but what impresses me is that against this level of opponent — he is still definitely “good” despite not having his best game.

And like, it was a tough game for him. The pressing he had to do as a No 9 really wore on him when Fulham controlled the play.

flappyjay

Kudos to Tony Mowbray his ability as a manager was questioned in this thread and whether he would know what to do with Amad. He has done a hell of a job better than the rangers manager.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Kudos to Tony Mowbray his ability as a manager was questioned in this thread and whether he would know what to do with Amad. He has done a hell of a job better than the rangers manager.
Yeah I thought it was an awful choice and expected him to be an old english long ball clogger. You have to say though he's really taken to Amad and it's going very well.

I'd definitely send more talents his way if he stays there.

Idxomer

I’ve seen him like 15 times this season, if not more. This wasn’t his best game, he had a few he has been magic in, but what impresses me is that against this level of opponent — he is still definitely “good” despite not having his best game.

And like, it was a tough game for him. The pressing he had to do as a No 9 really wore on him when Fulham controlled the play.
Exactly, his team had 30% possession and he was still able to create a couple of chances and get into decent positions for some good chances himself. He had some decent dribbles and made 29/33 passes, I've seen United midfielders this season making less passes against even worse teams than Fulham.

Mr PG

If he hits the gymn like Rashford he’ll be a superstar. Amad is as technically accomplished as any other player in the premier league. He lacks sufficient body strength but he’s only 20 and has time to improve.

TheReligion

Abusive
If he hits the gymn like Rashford he’ll be a superstar. Amad is as technically accomplished as any other player in the premier league. He lacks sufficient body strength but he’s only 20 and has time to improve.
He can bench press 100kg apparently (Maguire’s head)

032Devil

I still can't forget in a European tie with his back to the goal, he headed back over the goalkeeper to score. Individualistic and brilliant.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Subbed off early tonight, never got in the game unfortunately.

MUFC OK

I still can't forget in a European tie with his back to the goal, he headed back over the goalkeeper to score. Individualistic and brilliant.
*Over Donnarumma. Amad has talent, just needs to massively bulk up to be a starter for utd.

skeelz

He was playing as their striker against a very physical Fulham side. It was a difficult game to excel

mav_9me

Did alright based of this. Definitely think he can be part of our attack.

NotQuiteManc

Just few seasons ago, United didn't have a supposed proper RW. Now, potentially this team will have at least 3 good ones in Sancho, Antony and Amad. Pellistri might be included but we have too small a sample of him playing in the first team (so far).

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Just few seasons ago, United didn't have a supposed proper RW. Now, potentially this team will have at least 3 good ones in Sancho, Antony and Amad. Pellistri might be included but we have too small a sample of him playing in the first team (so far).
Don’t think ETH sees Sancho as a RW.

Gordon S

Did alright based of this. Definitely think he can be part of our attack.

I think there are a few established PL attackers that would love to consider that a bad day at the office. Fulham are having a good season in the PL and he still looks cool as a cucumber playing against them. Always looks up when he has a chance to. Creates chances in a similar way Sancho does. Pleasure to watch.

Bondi77

With our options up front at the moment I will be pissed off if we are linked with anything other than a centre forward in the summer.