Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

Mr PG

Not sure how I feel about this because surely those clubs would have footballing experts who'd be a good judge of talent. On the other hand, Italy is not producing much high quality talent and therefore it's possible that some are slipping through the cracks.
I'm sure other clubs wanted him but couldn't comeuppance with a fee and i'm sure the lad was always going to choose manchester once he heard of our interest.

Now it's impossible for anyone to tell if he will turn out great. Incredible talent he has but his size is a worry. I hope he grows a bit more in size as that will only improve his impact but looking at his features he looks like he'll always be a small guy.

What is quite obvious is he is better than Sancho was at 18 that much is clear. The only reason he doesn't start at atalanta is their team is excellent currently and they play a powerful game...alot like liverpool's.

Sancho refused to come to united when he was worth 8m now people think he would just go ahead and sonny the better part of 300m salary plus purchase...

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

Now it's impossible for anyone to tell if he will turn out great. Incredible talent he has but his size is a worry. I hope he grows a bit more in size as that will only improve his impact but looking at his features he looks like he'll always be a small guy.
He is only .02m shorter than Mane. And he's only 18 so once he grows a bit more and puts on some muscle, which I expect he would, he'll be fine. Certainly not Angel tiny.

cj_sparky

What's up with his visa?
Him and his brother, entered Italy six years ago on a Family Visa. The man who was identified as their father isn't, it's also being questioned if his brother is actually related to him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sancho refused to come to united when he was worth 8m now people think he would just go ahead and sonny the better part of 300m salary plus purchase...
Sancho didn't refuse to come, they were never in a million years going to sell us their best talent.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Him and his brother, entered Italy six years ago on a Family Visa. The man who was identified as their father isn't, it's also being questioned if his brother is actually related to him.
So are we fecked?

ATXRedDevil

So are we fecked?
From what I read, the kids were not culpable - they were pre-teens or young teenagers. His "brother" had the same last name, Traore, as the guy that claimed to be the father. Diallo didn't, so they threw Traore onto his last name. Everything I read suggests they will both be granted permanent Italian citizenship. Which seems the reasonable outcome - they're not the ones that defrauded immigration.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
From what I read, the kids were not culpable - they were pre-teens or young teenagers. His "brother" had the same last name, Traore, as the guy that claimed to be the father. Diallo didn't, so they threw Traore onto his last name. Everything I read suggests they will both be granted permanent Italian citizenship. Which seems the reasonable outcome - they're not the ones that defrauded immigration.
Exactly. They were children.

Cloud7

You kidding? The Italians love football, they'll fall over themselves to give such a talent citizenship.
Seeing as he was there from such a young age they might end up trying to poach him into their national team, especially if he really is as good as it seems. Has he been capped for Ivory Coast yet?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Seeing as he was there from such a young age they might end up trying to poach him into their national team, especially if he really is as good as it seems. Has he been capped for Ivory Coast yet?
Nothing on Wikipedia

AFC NimbleThumb

Does this count as Woodward getting his work done early, January signing announced before Christmas. Masterstroke.

GenZRed

Does this mean we can have a real RW?

I am looking forward to seeing him play.

Giggsy13

Don't expect to see him being rushed into the first team straight away to be honest, unless we have an injury crisis.
Agree, we’re probably more likely to see Pellistri make his debut first rather than Diallo.

HowYouDoin

Agree, we’re probably more likely to see Pellistri make his debut first rather than Diallo.
Disagree. Dont think theyre the same, dont think theyre even comparable and heck even their price tag isnt.
I do think we brought Diallo with the intention of getting him straight to the first team and we have massive expectations of him.
Pellestri is just someone we stumbled upon and we decided to take a flyer on him cuz why the heck not, he looks alright, might as well.

So yeah there will be a different level of expectations for those two, just a completey different situation altogether, differently rated etc etc etc.
Diallo is a true star for his age, all scouts know him, extremely highly rated, Pellesteri is just someone under the radar that looks decent.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
€25m + extras for a youth talent sounds like the real deal! Hope @devilish is accurate in his reports and this guy solves our RW for years to come!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
€25m + extras for a youth talent sounds like the real deal! Hope @devilish is accurate in his reports and this guy solves our RW for years to come!
I won't lie by saying that I watch Atalanta youths. However from what I know

A- Atalanta is the Oxford University version of Italian youth football. Diallo is the best of the bunch and had been so for quite some time. That's amazing for a foreign kid whose been played out of position and against players who are way older then him
B- Diallo's rise to prominence had been surprisingly quick.
C- United had been chasing the boy for an entire year. There was enough time for anyone to pick weaknesses in his game
D- Parma were furious that they couldn't get him on loan. If Atalanta is Oxford then Parma is Cambridge
E- Papu Gomez gaving a rave review of the kid. Italian based players tend to avoid praising promising kids. Its simply not their style. Also its rare for an Argentinian to mention a nation's treasure when describing the skills of a young player especially if that happens to be a foreign player

Giggsy13

Disagree. Dont think theyre the same, dont think theyre even comparable and heck even their price tag isnt.
I do think we brought Diallo with the intention of getting him straight to the first team and we have massive expectations of him.
Pellestri is just someone we stumbled upon and we decided to take a flyer on him cuz why the heck not, he looks alright, might as well.

So yeah there will be a different level of expectations for those two, just a completey different situation altogether, differently rated etc etc etc.
Diallo is a true star for his age, all scouts know him, extremely highly rated, Pellesteri is just someone under the radar that looks decent.
If you did some research on Pellistri, he’s regarded as one of the most exciting young players to come out of Uruguay in some time. I get our club has the tag of being incompetent but the drive to stock our reserves and academy with talent the last few years has been impressive, so the club didn’t just stumble upon him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Can someone show me a video that "wows" me?

I've tried to find it but I'm not exactly seeing a 45 million player at the age of 18.

I've not watched him in game at all and I'm a pure youtube merchant so I'm waiting for that youtube clip.

I've been a little more impressed by Pellistri so far.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Can someone show me a video that "wows" me?

I've tried to find it but I'm not exactly seeing a 45 million player at the age of 18.

I've not watched him in game at all and I'm a pure youtube merchant so I'm waiting for that youtube clip.

I've been a little more impressed by Pellistri so far.
Are you sure you’ve not got the two mixed up? I’m totally the other way around. Diallo looks very exciting while Pellistri looks a bit meh.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Are you sure you’ve not got the two mixed up? I’m totally the other way around. Diallo looks very exciting while Pellistri looks a bit meh.
All I'm seeing with Diallo is a 360 turn done twice to be honest?

Pellistri atleast looks a bit like the player we thought Daniel James was going to be out wide on the right with a right foot. A nice centre of gravity and another poster said he reminded him of Kanchelskis and now I cant stop seeing it.

I'm not shooting our players at all but Amad Traore maybe I need to see him in our our games before Atalanta youtube videos because I'm not getting the whole dribbling like 'messi' thing.