Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Just saw his interview, has a great positive attitude. Seems like a lovely kid, hope he achieves his dreams.

city-puma

Cheers. Damn i didn't even know bruno played in italy
I kinda feel that’s one of the keystones he suddenly discovered the secret on how to consistently produce the real final product in attack. Something similar to what C Ronaldo did after that summer.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I kinda feel that’s one of the keystones he suddenly discovered the secret on how to consistently produce the real final product in attack. Something similar to what C Ronaldo did after that summer.
Always good for young players to experience different styles of football so i'm sure it helped in his development.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Diallo is a native french speaker (or at least he must be, being from Ivory Coast) - so it’s at least Italian and French
Yeah i realised that a bit late. Should be relatively easy to integrate for the lad.

croadyman

Looks like Ole is going to give him a taste of first team training this week and then allow him to be picked for the U23's game against Leicester on Monday night just to see how he copes in a competitive game

ROFLUTION

Wrong thread?

I'm not sure they'll be helping Diallo settle in at United, anyway!
Completely wrong thread :lol: Let's hope he becomes way more likable than those two.

On another more related note, he'll take years to develop imo albeit being a big talent. Look at Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, Ronaldo. Also big players that can carry a team like Mane and Salah also has a lot of ups and down years. Hopefully we'll be able to ease him in and he will be faster with decisionmaking than say Ronaldo took.

Imo we still need players that can carry the team, i.e Grealish or a great defender or striker like Haaland

BR7

This is a bold claim. He's made about 9 starts in professional football. Youth football is not a true test of somebody's true ability.

There's been youth players at Utd who people said would be world class players in a few years and they have ended up in the championship or worse.

Let's hope he's a real gem and we've struck gold but claiming he's ready now is incredibly premature.
I dont think it is with him. He is worlds apart from pellistri who isn’t ready, he’s starting to show potential but this lad is going to be top of the class with greenwood

I personally have watched the youth team for years now, mason was obvious, as is this kid

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Looks like Ole is going to give him a taste of first team training this week and then allow him to be picked for the U23's game against Leicester on Monday night just to see how he copes in a competitive game
Makes sense. He needs to add a few kgs onto his upper body as Mason did during the 1st lockdown. He will get pushed off the ball a tad too easily in the league in his current body shape.

MrBest

Makes sense. He needs to add a few kgs onto his upper body as Mason did during the 1st lockdown. He will get pushed off the ball a tad too easily in the league in his current body shape.
Greenwood is taller and needed the weight to be stronger. Whereby i dont disagree that Diallo may need a few kgs, he appears to have a very good sense of gravity which gives him more natural balance. I wouldn't worry too much about his body shape just yet, i think he needs to adjust more to the pace of the game more than anything else. He will not get the space and time to breathe as he may have in Italy and at youth levels.

city-puma

It’s insane that by now there is no training session video of him!
can someone post some?

city-puma

I thought the same but perhaps because of Covid they can't break the bubble and allow people in.
Found one in official website, but it’s almost nothing. He is a bit shy or moderated. Well, it’s expected for a young new comer. He is definitely taller than James.

Glorio

Big hug for a big man.

Animalistic instincts drive society to place value on height when around 97.5% of things are designed for people between 5'1"-6'2" plus everyone was smol at one point.
I'm about 6'2 as well (not that tall these days) and I can tell you that finding good fitting shirts with long enough arms can be difficult. The most annoying one is getting nice shoes at the right size, as my feet vary between size 12 and size 13 depending on where I'm buying the shoes. All the nicer dress shoes seem to stop at smaller sizes.

Flights as well can be a pain because I usually need to look out for exit seats or pay for extra leg room for a comfortable flight. I can only imagine life for someone who's 6'6

Bogga

That was before Brexit - now we're busy regressing back decades and ridding ourselves of anything remotely European, no matter how sensible.

The metric system tends to be more used by the younger generation, but things like height, weight and distance tends to be discussed using imperial.
Yeah, why use the most logical way of measuring things? :annoyed::lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Solskjaer doesn't rule out the possibility of Diallo possibly being a part of the squad v Liverpool.

Last edited:

RUCK4444

Get him on the bench Ole. Nothing like scoring the winner at Anfield on your debut. :D

Good to see Bailly taking him under his wing, just don’t injure him please Eric.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Feck, he must have killed it in training to get that sort of praise.
If it is the case, it must also be to expose the likes of Robertson who may like to get forward, Diallo will just drive at the right side.

Someone like Cavani in the box with Diallo running at a full back and a weakened back four could give opportunities.

The issue is obviously defensively from United.

What a statement it would be if United can get a win though, I'd honestly take a draw.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If it is the case, it must also be to expose the likes of Robertson who may like to get forward, Diallo will just drive at the right side.

Someone like Cavani in the box with Diallo running at a full back and a weakened back four could give opportunities.

The issue is obviously defensively from United.

What a statement it would be if United can get a win though, I'd honestly take a draw.
I would hope he would go for a draw. It would be a smart approach. We are 3 points ahead. We don't need to go all gung-ho.

Fergie rarely went for the jugular against the top 4 teams. Kill the rest of the league consistently but be conservative against the top 4 unless the opportunities present themselves.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I mean the first tweet "Amad can be called up soon, I think he’ll make his debut this season." would indicate that he's not quite ready to jump in straight away, but we'll see him sooner rather then later.

Really can't see him playing a part at Anfield... would be a big risk that I don't see Ole taking.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I mean the first tweet "Amad can be called up soon, I think he’ll make his debut this season." would indicate that he's not quite ready to jump in straight away, but we'll see him sooner rather then later.

Really can't see him playing a part at Anfield... would be a big risk that I don't see Ole taking.
I can see him on the bench honestly, even if he doesn't play he feels part of the squad.

BR7

This is a bold claim. He's made about 9 starts in professional football. Youth football is not a true test of somebody's true ability.

There's been youth players at Utd who people said would be world class players in a few years and they have ended up in the championship or worse.

Let's hope he's a real gem and we've struck gold but claiming he's ready now is incredibly premature.
And again I repeat he is way too advanced for an 18 year old, a number of scouts in Italy said he was far too advanced 3-4 years ago. The lad, if he stays fit and unlike mason keeps humble, he is the next big thing with mason. I can’t say I’ve seen too many 18 year olds better in my lifetime, including Giggs. If you see the first touch and control at 16/17 on pitches much worst than the marshes, you can’t be anything but 100% sure, he is ready for the bench and some starts, now. Much more advanced than pellistri. Let’s just sit back and enjoy the show for the next decade.

GledTheRed

What's risky about having him on the bench?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
And again I repeat he is way too advanced for an 18 year old, a number of scouts in Italy said he was far too advanced 3-4 years ago. The lad, if he stays fit and unlike mason keeps humble, he is the next big thing with mason. I can’t say I’ve seen too many 18 year olds better in my lifetime, including Giggs. If you see the first touch and control at 16/17 on pitches much worst than the marshes, you can’t be anything but 100% sure, he is ready for the bench and some starts, now. Much more advanced than pellistri. Let’s just sit back and enjoy the show for the next decade.
These are BIG BIG claims man. I hope you're right don't get me wrong but I hate how ours fan always overhype these new players. Let's see how he does first in men's football. He's played less than 15 to 20 games in men's football hasn't he? Being so far ahead in youth football doesn't always mean it will be continued in the men's game.