Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

brzez

Can he not speak English? :annoyed:

If not, the only sensible thing to do is to temporarily suspend all of his social media accounts. And then, the club must arrange and give him face to face education on English customs.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's from Abidjan in Ivory Coast so likely speaks French due to it being the official language of the City, so the likes of Bailly, Pogba, Martial, Mejbri, Kambwala etc will help him settle into the club and new surroundings.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He's from Abidjan in Ivory Coast so likely speaks French due to it being the official language of the City, so the likes of Bailly, Pogba, Martial, Mejbri, Kambwala etc will help him settle into the club and new surroundings.
Axel speaks french too

giggs-beckham

Clueless
He's not that small. He's 5"8, not a giant but only an inch below average British height. He's taller for example than United's other small men Daniel James, Juan Mata, Fred and Brandon Williams.
OK cool I was looking for reassurance as I've not seen much of him. 5"8 is fine my height and he will fill out.

Riz

He's not that small. He's 5"8, not a giant but only an inch below average British height. He's taller for example than United's other small men Daniel James, Juan Mata, Fred and Brandon Williams.
I’ve never clocked Williams as being small until now.

Bojan Djordjic

I’ve never clocked Williams as being small until now.
Yeah, he's the opposite to Luke Shaw in that respect. Until I checked recently, I would have said he was easily 5'10 or so whereas I would have also said Luke Shaw was 5'10 even though he's 6'1.

EngimaMK

Roy Keane was tiny but he was a hard man. It's not the dog's size but the size of dog's fight inside of the dog's size.
"it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog" is the saying I think you're looking for! :D

EngimaMK

Oops :D

Well 5'11 looks tiny to me in that photo :lol: I sure hope Diallo has a bit of 'huh huh huh?' in him.
I've obviously missed some sort of joke here. I would say whoosh but I still don't quite understand what the whoosh was for! :lol:

lRed

For those who watched a little bit Atalanta, do you think he could help us with that right flank where we lack so much quality ?
Greenwood has his head elsewhere and is not a right winger, James is the shadow of himself for a while now, and we missed out on Sancho. Where do we go from there ?

I hope he can play right winger and finally bring some balance in the team.
Pellistri seems too short for the moment, for Ole and his staff I guess.

MalcolmTucker

For those who watched a little bit Atalanta, do you think he could help us with that right flank where we lack so much quality ?
Greenwood has his head elsewhere and is not a right winger, James is the shadow of himself for a while now, and we missed out on Sancho. Where do we go from there ?

I've watched exactly 0 minutes of him play an actual game but from the clips I've seen and the info we have he's a left-footed inverted right winger in the mould of a Messi or an inverted Hazard. Low centre of gravity and great close control at high speeds with sharp and clever short-passing. He's had such little game time at senior football thar it's hard to judge the rest of his game

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Even if people watch Atalanta, Diallo has played about 50 minutes of professional football in his career. Maybe he's on the verge of being ready for first team football. But the info we have is that he only played as a sub on a few occasions in his career in dead rubber periods, and the rest of any scouting on him is youth team football, which is where he'll probably go this season.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He's arrived with quite a fanfare on the Utd apps so maybe that's an indication the club sees him as more important than many have thought and thinks he will feature in the first team. It certainly doesn't feel like the arrival of an under 23 player.

Brophs

The One and Only
He's arrived with quite a fanfare on the Utd apps so maybe that's an indication the club sees him as more important than many have thought and thinks he will feature in the first team. It certainly doesn't feel like the arrival of an under 23 player.
He could potentially cost €40m and hasn’t even played a full game of senior football. The noise goes with the territory unfortunately. I don’t think it’s reflective of any genuine belief that he’ll be an immediate first team player.

TrustInJanuzaj

He could potentially cost €40m and hasn’t even played a full game of senior football. The noise goes with the territory unfortunately. I don’t think it’s reflective of any genuine belief that he’ll be an immediate first team player.
Yeh could well be right. I imagine Ole will see him in training over the next few weeks and make a call, but I wouldn’t be surprised to him on the bench more often than not.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He was break through to first team for atalanta before we made the transfer agreement right?

TrustInJanuzaj

He was break through to first team for atalanta before we made the transfer agreement right?
Yeh but only very limited minutes. He was training with their first team though, so its not going to be a complete shock playing with men.

OleBoiii

I didn't know that British people are that short :O

Can7onA

Off topic but Bear Grylls walked past me once in a small Welsh town, he is a very small man.