Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

Red4Life_#7

They both look really special.

I'd kill to have them in the same team along with Rashford, Greenwood and Martial.

Traore seems to be more explosive from a standing start than Sancho, and possibly a little more ambipedal. While Sancho is more refined and 'smoother' in his dribbling stance.

You're right though, they do seem to be very similar in terms of how they go about their work.

So exciting that we have one of the two, and potentially could add the other next year.
Thanks for the post!

Great to see Sancho as a youth player. He had class from back then, MC must be kicking themselves to lose him and Sané. Sancho glides with the ball and never looks like he's in a rush. His quality passes in the final 3rd were prominate from back then.

He will come next summer, his boy Rashy is here and he knows United are a huge club. Only R Madrid who will be ocuppied with M'appbe and Barca are struggling financially, at a stretch Liverpool too, but they already have their front 3 and I don't think they can compete with us financially.

Diallo looks like a real prospect. I really hope he will fufil his potential.

RedCurry

I really like the fact that the kid stays on his feet under tough tackles. It’s hard to know his real pace from youth level football videos but if he’s quick against PL defenders, he will do just fine here given his dribbling ability.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
My friend (NO it's not of those stories) is working for a pretty known agent and he told me that Amad Diallo Traore is something speciell and that we shouldn't be surprised if we see him play regularly already this season (as soon as he joins in Januari). He compared him to Sancho when it comes to play style. He said United signed him this year because they were afraid that he will be worth much more next summer and other clubs will start spending money again and United won't make the same mistake again on losing out on big talents.

I know 99.99% of you will believe this is all BS but I can swear on my family that everything I said about the agent is true.

Last edited:

DoomSlayer

My friend (NO it's not of those stories) is working for a pretty known agent and he told me that Amad Diallo Traore is something speciell and that we shouldn't be surprised if we see him play regularly already this season (as soon as he joins in Januari). He compared him to Sancho when it comes to play style. He said United signed him this year because the was afraid that he will be worth much more next summer and clubs will start spending money again and United won't make the same mistake again on losing out on big talents.

I know 99.99% of you will believe this is all BS but I can swear on my family that everything I said about the agent is true.
I believe you. :drool:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bellingham gets the English hype but presents the same level of risk to Dortmund as Traore does to us yet that move is lauded and ours is being scrutinized. Yes Dortmund have shown they have a model of developing young players but we aren’t too bad at that either. Rashford, Greenwood and Martial say hello.

This deal for Traore could be a master stroke. He is one of the brightest prospects in Italy. We may have a Sancho level talent that we didn’t have to a gigantic fee for.
Every seems to be presuming this. So we're expecting him to be among the most productive players in Europe at the age of 21? I'd love for this kid to be a special player but let's not jump the gun and call him a Sancho level talent. Far too early for this

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Wow that's huge praise. Maybe he is that big a talent!? :D
Will be our Ansu Fati from what I've seen off Diallo playing three full games at youth level. His touch and technique is amazing and his dribbling style is so smooth and silky that watching him in full flow is some sight. He also combines so well with his team mates in central areas and his vision and passing is superb too. A very very exciting prospect. The only thing that worries me is that he's quite small about 5'6.

Giggsy13

Every seems to be presuming this. So we're expecting him to be among the most productive players in Europe at the age of 21? I'd love for this kid to be a special player but let's not jump the gun and call him a Sancho level talent. Far too early for this
Sancho went straight from the city reserves to making an impact at Dortmund. I suppose the correct comparison would be whether Sancho and Traore were at the same level at the same age. You can make a case they were.

SATA

Kind of annoyed he isn’t here till January. Would be mint if he’s on the bench against Newcastle instead of Dan James

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Will be our Ansu Fati from what I've seen off Diallo playing three full games at youth level. His touch and technique is amazing and his dribbling style is so smooth and silky that watching him in full flow is some sight. He also combines so well with his team mates in central areas and his vision and passing is superb too. A very very exciting prospect. The only thing that worries me is that he's quite small about 5'6.
I don't think 5'6/5'7 is actually too bad for a winger/full back. It's more the central roles that concern me for height.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sancho went straight from the city reserves to making an impact at Dortmund. I suppose the correct comparison would be whether Sancho and Traore were at the same level at the same age. You can make a case they were.
I think the point is that we need quality starting week in week out on the RW first and every player doesn't develop at the same rapid rate breaking /matching records statistically, or even end up on the same level eventually even if they could be similar at 18/19.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Kind of annoyed he isn’t here till January. Would be mint if he’s on the bench against Newcastle instead of Dan James
We'll have Facundo to look forward to at least.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I believe you. :drool:
You are probably ironic, and that's ok I wouldn't believe that either probably. One other thing that he mentioned about United was that they didn't want to spend money on "decent" players this year except DvB (who the don't even see as decent, more like the perfect rotation playe) , because they finally realized that Bruno and Pogba can't play every game and the price was very good (last summer people mention DvB going for the double of what we paid now)..

Anyway he said we are saving our budget for going all in on Upamecano, Sancho and if the DM position doesn't work out with Fred/McTominy playing there they will also be looking for a DM. And 2022 Haaland will be the main target. We will go ALL IN for him. Solskjaer is in contact with his father very often. But the competition will be enormous, I think EVERY big club we active his release clause. Transfer 2021 could make a big difference for us, investing in Sancho, Upamecano and good DM will help Haaland to make up his mind.

This is Lindelöfs last season to prove and IMPROVE massively if he wants to say otherwise, we will try to sell him next summer and bring in Upamecano (trying to buy him will not depend on Lindelöfs staying or not)...

Giggsy13

I think the point is that we need quality starting week in week out on the RW first and every player doesn't develop at the same rapid rate breaking /matching records statistically, or even end up on the same level eventually even if they could be similar at 18/19.
There is evidence to suggest that despite all our inadequacies, we’ve been pretty good at developing young players, our current front 3 proof of that. So it’s certainly reasonable to think that Traore can make an impact.

The club did try to address the RW. Dembele and Sarr were seriously considered but didn’t work out. If Watford were asking for £40 million plus for Sarr then I’m glad we walked away from that deal. We were also considering chiesa but he chose Juve.

We could have brought in Brooks or a short term loan option but instead it seems we took the funds and invested in potential rather than a decent and suitable option now. Long term this may prove to be the best move.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Bellingham gets the English hype but presents the same level of risk to Dortmund as Traore does to us yet that move is lauded and ours is being scrutinized.
That's actually a very good point.
I'd be one of the first to criticize United for not going the extra yard to sign Bellingham, as I'm pretty sure in 2 years time we'll be trying to sign him, and it will be a Sancho saga all over again.
As a club, we absolutely need to get ahead of the curve and land the Haaland's & Sancho's at the same stage as Dortmund are so adept at doing.

poleglass red

never seen the lad play but I notice wiki has him listed at 5'8, not sure how accurate that is, but that height is fine for a tricky winger

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
how about you shut the feck up about one of the greatest legends in this clubs history who has been let down by parasite owners who have knowingly subverted his wishes
Oh dear someone can't take a joke. You're not his mum by any chance are you? :lol:

PS: If people choose to criticise him for his management skills they're perfectly within their rights to do so and plenty do. So how about you shut the feck up telling people who or who they can't take the piss out of. ;)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Bellingham gets the English hype but presents the same level of risk to Dortmund as Traore does to us yet that move is lauded and ours is being scrutinized. Yes Dortmund have shown they have a model of developing young players but we aren’t too bad at that either. Rashford, Greenwood and Martial say hello.

This deal for Traore could be a master stroke. He is one of the brightest prospects in Italy. We may have a Sancho level talent that we didn’t have to pay a gigantic fee for.
Big difference is one has only played youth football at 18 and the other looked great in the championship at 16, and for Diallo we're paying 20m now and up to 35-40m for him all together if he works out. I'm looking forward to seeing him, but its a crazy amount to spend on a youngster who hasn't played first team football. Its like if in summer 2018, someone made a bid of 40m for Greenwood (if he's even that level of prospect). Sure, some people have a lot of belief that the guy will be the future. But how many promising, talented young players just don't kick on for whatever reason after they leave the youth level? Youngsters who step into the pros, even for half a season at a smaller club, and still perform are those generally where there is a bit less risk even if you do a big fee. This is poaching a youngster from an academy.... for 20-40m. The numbers involved are crazy. Not doubting the talent, no idea on that side. I'm questioning the wisdom of our management, not willing to shell out the extra bit for Sancho, a player who is 2 years older but proven world class right winger already, but throw this amount for Diallo, who literally nobody knows anything about past youth level football. It's a risk. An expensive risk.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Getting strong 'next United superstar' vibes from this one

Devil may care

I'm disgusted with Ole not being backed with the Sancho signing he wanted, I hate the Cavani deal and I feel or central defence and midfield is unbalanced, but I don't see how any fan can't get at least a bit excited by the potential of this lad, obviously it'll likely take time for him to adapt to the PL, especially given his size, but the you can see from the video's that he has the technical skills, agility and pace to be something special.

Is this at youth level?

Out of curiosity who are the other 2?

Inigo Montoya

I'm disgusted with Ole not being backed with the Sancho signing he wanted, I hate the Cavani deal and I feel or central defence and midfield is unbalanced, but I don't see how any fan can't get at least a bit excited by the potential of this lad, obviously it'll likely take time for him to adapt to the PL, especially given his size, but the you can see from the video's that he has the technical skills, agility and pace to be something special.

Is this at youth level?

Out of curiosity who are the other 2?
I'm guessing Fati is one. There's a whole bunch of others including Camavinga but at the time of that assessment they're probably now a little older.

Inigo Montoya

Fati, Camavinga, Cherki, Bellingham, Reyna etc.
There are several to choose from.
He's not rated anywhere near as high as the others including Kubo,Baro,Sergio Gomez. There are some exciting talents all ahead of Bellingham IMO

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's not rated anywhere near as high as the others including Kubo,Baro,Sergio Gomez. There are some exciting talents all ahead of Bellingham IMO
I mean he is starting for Dortmund at 17 so he is definitely in the conversation imo.
We were also willing to pay quite a lot of money for him, so we obviously rate him highly.

Inigo Montoya

I mean he is starting for Dortmund at 17 so he is definitely in the conversation imo.
We were also willing to pay quite a lot of money for him, so we obviously rate him highly.
I hear you but BD putting in youngsters is nothing new and doesn't make him a unique talent. In fact they have a couple of kids who are rated higher, one whose name escapes me. I'll never understand why we were willing to splash 30m on him. You look at his performances and Diallo's ability and you have to wonder who's genuinely worth 30m. To me he's another overpriced English kid. Had no impact against the giants of Andorra today either.

SaboTaj

You are probably ironic, and that's ok I wouldn't believe that either probably. One other thing that he mentioned about United was that they didn't want to spend money on "decent" players this year except DvB (who the don't even see as decent, more like the perfect rotation playe) , because they finally realized that Bruno and Pogba can't play every game and the price was very good (last summer people mention DvB going for the double of what we paid now)..

Anyway he said we are saving our budget for going all in on Upamecano, Sancho and if the DM position doesn't work out with Fred/McTominy playing there they will also be looking for a DM. And 2022 Haaland will be the main target. We will go ALL IN for him. Solskjaer is in contact with his father very often. But the competition will be enormous, I think EVERY big club we active his release clause. Transfer 2021 could make a big difference for us, investing in Sancho, Upamecano and good DM will help Haaland to make up his mind.

This is Lindelöfs last season to prove and IMPROVE massively if he wants to say otherwise, we will try to sell him next summer and bring in Upamecano (trying to buy him will not depend on Lindelöfs staying or not)...
Haha you went from knowing tidbits about Diallo to a Super Saiyan ITK in about a minute.

Hope everything you’ve said is true though :)