Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

Brophs

The One and Only
Off topic but Bear Grylls walked past me once in a small Welsh town, he is a very small man.
You’d be small too if your only sustenance was drinking a camel’s piss through a nettle.

EngimaMK

It was more about saying Keane was tiny when he's 5'10", making a joke about how some people seem to think anything under 6 foot is short.
5 ft 10 is a fairly normal heights really though, right? I'm that height at it at seems that it's the UK average.

ZupZup

He's not that small. He's 5"8, not a giant but only an inch below average British height. He's taller for example than United's other small men Daniel James, Juan Mata, Fred and Brandon Williams.
On what planet is Brandon Williams less than 5'8"? Not a chance...

Just look at pictures of him stood next to Ole for example. He's about 5'10".

sparx99

I’m 6ft 5in. I couldn’t fit in the seats in the north stand. Being taller isn’t always better.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
On what planet is Brandon Williams less than 5'8"? Not a chance...

Just look at pictures of him stood next to Ole for example. He's about 5'10".
You realise there are official stats of a players height, you don't need to guess by looking at them next to other people.

Reminds me of the old reddit 'banana for scale' gag.

The premier league website shows he (Brandon Williams) is: 1.71m, 5.6ft

ZupZup

You realise there are official stats of a players height, you don't need to guess by looking at them next to other people.

You do realise people grow mate? That stat is either old or incorrect...

kirk buttercup

Perhaps a bench option for Sunday?
Not a chance v Liverpool. This is not like Martial who had played First team football before joining . We will see him in games we are well in control of in the premiership ( Maybe) and maybe bit parts in the Europa . He hasnt played alot of first team football as far as I can see , needs time to develop .

ZupZup

According to the Premier League website, Brandon Williams is almost an inch smaller than Neil Maupay...

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
According to the Premier League website, Brandon Williams is almost an inch smaller than Neil Maupay...

You do realise people grow mate? That stat is either old or incorrect...
I thought about the growth factor when I posted, I would have thought considering the resources of the EPL they'd bother to measure players each season especially those under 21. (I'm happy to go across the country with a tape measure though to check)

They take picture and that's it.

Next source in that case:

According to FIFA 21 (which should measure players) considering they'd want to not have dwarf defenders, Williams is 6ft (182 CM).

The Premier League should start measuring the players each season :D

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I didn't know that British people are that short :O
It's a famous statistical anomaly. Most people don't realise how many short people there are around them because when they're walking they look forward, not down.

The Urban Goose

It's a famous statistical anomaly. Most people don't realise how many short people there are around them because when they're walking they look forward, not down.
So that's why my shins are always so bruised after a walk.

hungrywing

I’m 6ft 5in. I couldn’t fit in the seats in the north stand. Being taller isn’t always better.
Big hug for a big man.

Animalistic instincts drive society to place value on height when around 97.5% of things are designed for people between 5'1"-6'2" plus everyone was smol at one point.

Reactions: 711

Asger

Think its Leicester U23 vs. Man Utd U23 on Monday. I expect him to play in that match, then maybe bench at the FA Cup match?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Big hug for a big man.

Animalistic instincts drive society to place value on height when around 97.5% of things are designed for people between 5'1"-6'2" plus everyone was smol at one point.
Except for airplanes, which are designed for people between 4'1" - 5'1.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Thought you guys used cm in UK
That was before Brexit - now we're busy regressing back decades and ridding ourselves of anything remotely European, no matter how sensible.

The metric system tends to be more used by the younger generation, but things like height, weight and distance tends to be discussed using imperial.

Gator Nate

Perhaps a bench option for Sunday?
Love the enthusiasm, but an 18-year-old transfer who's only made two appearances - as a sub - this season for Atalanta and gone through less than a week of sessions with our first team is hardly a viable bench candidate for the league-leading team playing against their arch-rivals, who happen to be in second at the moment and defending league champs. Now, he can sit therr and soak it in, I guess, but that is ALL he will do. And seriously, if Donny can't get much time...