Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

Alemar

By playing a part I mean like - actually having minutes in the game, sorry, should have been clear!
But what is the problem to have him on the bench and put him on for 5-10 minutes if he is needed tactically? I am sure he is fit enough for 5-10 minutes. He will only be subbed on if we need a goal (or if we lead by many which is less likely), so it’s easy: 5 minutes left, just go on and try to score or assist

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
But what is the problem to have him on the bench and put him on for 5-10 minutes if he is needed tactically? I am sure he is fit enough for 5-10 minutes
Unless we're 3-0 up or something - which I can't see happening - it's a bit of a baptism of fire isn't it? Young teenage lad, just got here, go try win us a game in our biggest game of the season... that's a lot of pressure on top of an incredible difficult game to come into (as you would assume the pace would be quite intense)... just doesn't seem like something Ole would do.

I think back to what Evra said about his debut - away in a derby against City - and how it destroyed his confidence, and that was a Champions League semi-finalist in his mid-20s.

cyberman

Unless we're 3-0 up or something - which I can't see happening - it's a bit of a baptism of fire isn't it? Young teenage lad, just got here, go try win us a game in our biggest game of the season... that's a lot of pressure on top of an incredible difficult game to come into (as you would assume the pace would be quite intense)... just doesn't seem like something Ole would do.

I think back to what Evra said about his debut - away in a derby against City - and how it destroyed his confidence, and that was a Champions League semi-finalist in his mid-20s.
Its different these days though. No fans means its easier to translate his training ground performances on to proper games.
If hes rinsing Shaw and AWB all week then he has to be an option imo.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Has anyone written an article about him being a waste of money yet? I certainly hope so with the Liverpool game coming up. Martial on the left and Amad on the right Bruno is the man who puts the ball in flight.

romufc

Plenty saying we overpaid
Plenty are writing the wrong fee. Its £20m initial payment with another £20 on add ons and bonuses.

A bit like Martial, although everyone keeps saying £50m, it was £35m plus add ons. Not sure how many add ons have been met.

KungPaoChicken

Traditionally United have been very keen on putting Ballon d'Or bonuses everywhere. Would not be suprised if there is a 5-10m bonus here as well. If he somehow ends up winning it 40m is going to be a steal.....

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Plenty saying we overpaid
Plenty are writing the wrong fee. Its £20m initial payment with another £20 on add ons and bonuses.
A bit like Martial, although everyone keeps saying £50m, it was £35m plus add ons. Not sure how many add ons have been met.
Great, that's a debut solo match-winning goal incoming then in the 67th minute.

BR7

These are BIG BIG claims man. I hope you're right don't get me wrong but I hate how ours fan always overhype these new players. Let's see how he does first in men's football. He's played less than 15 to 20 games in men's football hasn't he? Being so far ahead in youth football doesn't always mean it will be continued in the men's game.
this boy will win European player of the year one day. He is at that level. We only have him and mason at that level. Medjbri is looking bright as does Pellestri who has started to pick it up but they are not in the same league as amad and mason and the proof is in the transfer fee. The speed which he dribbles with coupled with the skill on unmade pitches pretty much is petrifying. He’s going to get fouled a million times because if his quick feet and as a bonus Daniel James at 21 can watch and learn what a real wide player with pace and skills looks like by watching an 18 year old. And trust me, if James is still here he will actually learn by wAtching amad.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
A lot taller than I expected him to be. I’m guessing Bailly is a good 6ft odds, what’s Diablo? About 5ft 10”?
Bailly is 6'2 according to Wiki, so Diallo looks to be around 5'8 or 5'9 there (though picturesare never a good reference.

croadyman

Much as I want him to named on that bench on Sunday there is no way Ole would put him above James/Mata when he has literally only been at the club for just a few days

city-puma

Guys, we are truly ridiculous to put such high expectations on him for immediate impact. This is INSANE!
But, but I just like it! :drool::drool:

MDFC Manager

Much as I want him to named on that bench on Sunday there is no way Ole would put him above James/Mata when he has literally only been at the club for just a few days
This. I'll be amazed if we see him figure at all over the next month.

Hoof the ball

Didn't Ronaldo play literally a few days after SAF bought him? Hindsight and everything but when they're prodigiously talented you have to have faith that they've got the ambition and the strength of mentality to be up for it right off the bat.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Didn't Ronaldo play literally a few days after SAF bought him? Hindsight and everything but when they're prodigiously talented you have to have faith that they've got the ambition and the strength of mentality to be up for it right off the bat.
Ronnie was a starter for Sporting, Diallo hasn’t featured much for Atalanta this season so I think he will be eased in over time.

-Supreme-

The tweet could be referencing the FA cup game against Liverpool in a week's time.

Leonzo1

Maybe I'm missing something but going by Ole's quotes he's not even sure the guy is gonna play for us this season and people here think he'll come of the bench at a field? Don't get me wrong I'm all aboard the hype train but I reckon it's going to be a month or so until we see him.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Maybe I'm missing something but going by Ole's quotes he's not even sure the guy is gonna play for us this season and people here think he'll come of the bench at a field? Don't get me wrong I'm all aboard the hype train but I reckon it's going to be a month or so until we see him.
Yeah we might not, if we were playing some lower league opposition I think it would be possible but it looks like we're probably only going to play Premier League teams in the cups.

Perhaps there might a chance for him the Europa League if we get a weaker team after the upcoming round.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I think we'll see him feature as a substitute only this season, and that's probably way down the line as well. If he creates waves in his cameo appearances, then maybe he'll start.

Generally, I think he won't get a full start until next season.

*Or maybe he'll get a start in the last game of the season after the title is already won.