Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

Langers7274

Bebe looked awful on YouTube before he came. A couple of long range goals and some scrappy runs in the Portuguese 3rd division if I remember rightly.

At 18, however, we can't put the whole weight of the RW issue on his shoulders. He may well turn out to be a talent but after this shocking window, where others have strengthened, I think we could be in for a long season. Lightening doesn't strike twice and I think Ole will be lucky to stay in the hotseat by the end of the season, conceding 11 goals in 3 games and 2 of them were against Palace and Brighton, let's be honest it could have been 20! I really don't believe our problems have been sorted

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Time passes. This time last year we were talking about mid table and even relegation. Now we are angry that we likely aren't going to challenge for the league this season. That represents progress. Just like when they didn't sign a CM last summer board have pretty much ensured that the next few months will be very tough which absolutely sucks. But at least we taking care of the future with some exciting young signings. Butt and Solskjaer have some great raw materials to work with and develop over the next couple of years.

It's funny. We often look on with envy while Dortmund sign all the best young kids on the cheap and develop them. Then we sign 3 extremely highly rated teenagers in a day like Traore, Pellistri and Kwambwalla and it's met with almost anger from the fanbase. There's definitely valid complaints. The next couple of months will potentially be very painful for the first team. But signing quality youth players is definitely not something to moan about.
True, we would be moaning when we're trying to buy one of them down the line for £80m+. It's a gamble but if just one of them comes good we'll have done well.

I think this transfer would be looked on a lot more favourably here if not for Sunday's result.

I get everyone being frustrated about Sancho but it's not the end of the world that we have to use more of Greenwood on the RW.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I actually wanted to make a thread about being optimistic of our long term future but reading all these threads are just depressing. It's a big shame that Sancho hasn't signed but I'd rather sign these players than commit huge money and wages for someone like Dembele who has serious injury and attitude issues.
Well i did detect some positivity in earlier posts.

I think it's and Pellestri are excellent signings.

Telles will provide competition at LB

Cavani is an out and out CF unlike the wide players we have who try and play through the middle.

A lot to be optimistic about IMO

Ranchero

Hopefully Martial 2.0, lets hope he less baby mama drama and growing pains.
If you are going to be hopeful, aim high. Try, hopefully better than Lionel Messi. I hope that this coronavirus crisis ends in the next hour. I also hope to win £1billon on the lottery.

Ranchero

Well i did detect some positivity in earlier posts.

I think it's and Pellestri are excellent signings.

Telles will provide competition at LB

Cavani is an out and out CF unlike the wide players we have who try and play through the middle.

A lot to be optimistic about IMO
Spending months on a deal for Sancho who was not going to come - echoing what has seemed to happen every window since Sir Alex departed - is a sign that we are definitely on the up-and-up!!

Idxomer

Anyone who isn't excited by this kid should really just give up on the club.

The close control from him in tight spaces against more physical players is something we haven't seen at United very often.

We usually let the likes of Madrid and Barcelona snapping up this kind of talent without even trying.

Zoo

Against City in the UEFA Youth league. Assist after 2 mins, goal after 4 mins. Certainly looks like a big talent.

SteveW

True, we would be moaning when we're trying to buy one of them down the line for £80m+. It's a gamble but if just one of them comes good we'll have done well.

I think this transfer would be looked on a lot more favourably here if not for Sunday's result.

I get everyone being frustrated about Sancho but it's not the end of the world that we have to use more of Greenwood on the RW.
Yeah, agreed. I'm pretty frustrated about Sancho. It really looked like the club were about to make a statement of intent but when it came down to it usual service was resumed. Nothings going to change in that regard. We are a arguably the biggest and richest club in the world but Ole is forced to operate like we are Spurs or Arsenal. We should be used to it after 15 years.

But yes, Greenwood looks primed to have an absolutely huge season from the right. If say Pellistri was to adapt quickly and we can grab a few decent results from the tough run of fixtures people will calm down a lot. All's not lost. It just means, like last season the major gains will have to be made on the training ground. No quick fixes.

MrBest

Bebe looked awful on YouTube before he came. A couple of long range goals and some scrappy runs in the Portuguese 3rd division if I remember rightly.
I thought he looked good, but my point was, youtube can exaggerate a players ability. I know as much about Diallo as I did about Bebe thanks to youtube.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Spending months on a deal for Sancho who was not going to come - echoing what has seemed to happen every window since Sir Alex departed - is a sign that we are definitely on the up-and-up!!
Nice one. Love the doom and gloom merchants on here.

Have a good day, no doubt you’ll get soaked in the pouring rain and find something else to moan about

lsd

The Oracle
There is no way he is a guarentee of a signing after just 3 games at 18 years of age and i couldn't care less about clips of him playing at youth level as we have seen time and time how you play at youth level has nothing to do with how you play at senior level .

I hope he works out but lets be honest he was a last second panic buy. We were not tracking him for 3 years then decided lets sign him at the last minute so he can't come to January at the earliest

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Happy for the lad and really hope he does well with us when he joins in January. Seems a well rated prospect in Italy.

A little shameful seeing all the replies though full of fans taking out their frustrations over the window on his announcement post instead of wishing him well :mad:
I would be more frustrated that we have to wait until January than if he was any good or not. Just hoping he is coached properly here to get the best out of him. Like you I wish him all the best. He must be really excited.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
There is no way he is a guarentee of a signing after just 3 games at 18 years of age and i couldn't care less about clips of him playing at youth level as we have seen time and time how you play at youth level has nothing to do with how you play at senior level .

I hope he works out but lets be honest he was a last second panic buy. We were not tracking him for 3 years then decided lets sign him at the last minute so he can't come to January at the earliest
We were linked to him at the beginning of the window, so he wasn’t a panic buy.

Some random bloke on the internet thinks scouting youth teams is pointless, hope United are listening:rolleyes:

Tom Van Persie

No relation

We've been linked with him for ages.

Castia

Surely for €40m and only 18 he must have massive potential. Pretty exciting transfer tbh.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Too much negativity here.

I would have loved Sancho to come to United, but he certainly wasn't cheap. The ideal time to sign him would have been when he joined Dortmund. True for Haaland and Bellingham too. That is a bit annoying.

Signing this lad, though, is not annoying at all. Doing this kind of deal, and the ones we have also done for Pellistri, Garnacho, Kambwala, Carreras, Jurado, McNeill, etc. really does set the club up for a bright future in my eyes.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Saw somewhere that we've been linked to him for more than a year.
There were reports last year from Italy that said we were watching him closely. Luckhurst was the first United journo to link us to him and he said we've been watching him for years. Definitely not a transfer Woodward pulled out of his arse.

I'm not sure why we waited until deadline day to complete. Bit of a weird one. Maybe had something to do with his visa problems?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It's possible United were going to allow Atalanta to loan him to Parma and we were going to buy him in January but for whatever reason that fell through and United decided to just buy him now.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
This is the one thing I'm excited about this transfer window. This is a Jadon Sancho level talent.

gajender

There were reports last year from Italy that said we were watching him closely. Luckhurst was the first United journo to link us to him and he said we've been watching him for years. Definitely not a transfer Woodward pulled out of his arse.

I'm not sure why we waited until deadline day to complete. Bit of a weird one. Maybe had something to do with his visa problems?
Actually it was Andy Mitten who first mentioned both Diallo and Pellistri as youngsters we were closely monitoring .

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Actually it was Andy Mitten who first mentioned both Diallo and Pellistri as youngsters we were closely monitoring .
Yeah I know Mitten had us linked to him but I thought Luckhurst was first? Either way both of them have been writing about our interest in him for a while now.

Nights

It's possible United were going to allow Atalanta to loan him to Parma and we were going to buy him in January but for whatever reason that fell through and United decided to just buy him now.
Probably caught wind of other clubs sniffing around and we acted early.

MDFC Manager

That could be one reason. Another could be that we expected his value to rise further.

I don't mind this though. We missed out on Bellingham, despite our best efforts. Feels good to have snagged this guy.

TsuWave

Finally got a low center of gravity player that can dribble?

Didn't see any step-overs in them Youtube videos. I'm not entirely sold.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Not cheap but I couldn’t care less about the price, it’s hard not to get excited about young players like this. Can’t wait to see him in action.

TsuWave

Greenwood does enough of them for the entire team
Nah. I'm never into a player until I see a step-over :drool: That's my litmus test. Nostep-over = you're a bum

and nevermind, he did a step-over at minute mark 6:34 in this video:

it was a scruffy one, but he has my seal of approval for now :drool:

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
For those who have never heard of him before yesterday, he is one of the better youth talents in Europe at the moment, anybody who follows these young players can tell you that. Question is will he be able to translate that to the senior game which is always a bit of a lottery. The standard of the u19 in Italy isn't too high but he preformed well in the Uefa youth league, which can tend to be more of a litmus test, as the standouts in that do tend to make it more often than not.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We were linked to him at the beginning of the window, so he wasn’t a panic buy.

Some random bloke on the internet thinks scouting youth teams is pointless, hope United are listening:rolleyes:
We were linked to him last year.