Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

crackers0seven

Reminds me of mane in how direct and how strong he is in the videos of underage I've seen. I know he's a long way to go but it he develops in to half the player he is. 40m would be a steal. If he gets to mane level then wow, it's a masterstroke. Now it's up to the coaching and the players attitude I suppose. But in recent years it seems utd and ole target certain characters, so I don't do his attitude at all. Something good that ole took from fergie, the old personality background check.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

croadyman

Reminds me of mane in how direct and how strong he is in the videos of underage I've seen. I know he's a long way to go but it he develops in to half the player he is. 40m would be a steal. If he gets to mane level then wow, it's a masterstroke. Now it's up to the coaching and the players attitude I suppose. But in recent years it seems utd and ole target certain characters, so I don't do his attitude at all. Something good that ole took from fergie, the old personality background check.
We are total prats for not having him able to play straight away

MattyB1986

I'm quietly excited by the potential this lad possesses. Hopefully people allow him and Facu time and not start spitting their dummies out, "they're not Sancho" after a bad game or something.

cyril C

Solskjaer to Woodward
-man we don't have RW, you have failed with Sancho same as Dembele so at least bring me Adama Traore
- Say no more and hold my bear...
- Ok Ole I bought that Amada Traore you asked for

But seriously i have never seen him play, but have good feelings about him. I just hope Atalanta is going to Play him a Little bit for The next months. I don't have The same feeling about that Uruguayan kid but we will see.
Well, Traore won't be playing until Jan. By then Ole might not be around to see him play. At least he is good for the club long term and whoever replace Ole won't be complaining.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
You don't think there's a right winger in world football who would both improve us and represent value for money?

I know that's not exactly what you said, but it annoys me when people say 'well who would you rather we sign?' because it feels like a an unrealistc challenge. Unlike a random bloke on the Internet, the club has hundreds of scouts whose job it is to find players who can improve our team.
Of course there is, but we leave it too late on Sancho until the very last day, there’s not much options available.
If I have the say, I’d give up Sancho long ago and pursue other realistic targets.
Plus I do think Traore is a good buy in long term for us. He is real talent, and we got him at very young age too. Just that he may not make an immediate impact to our team given his age and inexperience.

Last edited:

Cloud7

I am very excited about this transfer, and very bummed out that we don't get to see him at United until January

Leethal

I am very excited about this transfer, and very bummed out that we don't get to see him at United until January
He won't be anywhere near the first team for a good while yet. He's played a grand total of 24 minutes of first team football, and since he's signed for us, I don't see that increasing at Atalanta.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He won't be anywhere near the first team for a good while yet. He's played a grand total of 24 minutes of first team football, and since he's signed for us, I don't see that increasing at Atalanta.
Before when Greenwood start last season, he too was inexperience, same age just turn 18, with very few first team football, and nowhere near the first team yet. But then he went on play over 40 games for us and scored 17 goals. If he is good enough, he is old enough to start.

Last edited:

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I'm sure we would have told them to at least play him in Cup games to help him develop and ready for us, and if he's any good like the video suggest he might get 10 to 15mins in Leauge games as well, i hope we pressed on this though.

Cloud7

Goddammit man let me dream

Leethal

Before when Greenwood start last season, he too was inexperience, same age just turn 18, with very few first team football, and nowhere near the first team yet. But then he went on play over 40 games for us and scored 17 goals. If he is good enough, he is old enough to start.
Greenwood is an academy product

He knows the area, knows the culture, knew his teammates, and had been training with the first team for quite a while before he made his debut.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Greenwood is an academy product

He knows the area, knows the culture, knew his teammates, and had been training with the first team for quite a while before he made his debut.
That’s not the reason though. Explain then how Pogba and Sancho went to Juventus and Dortmund respectively at a very young age without any experience, but start straight away and made immediate impact?

crackers0seven

We are total prats for not having him able to play straight away
No we aren't and I deffo wouldn't expect great things from him this season or even for him to get many mins. Only 18 and moving to New country with bearly any senior ball played. This will be a slow process.

I'm sure we would have told them to at least play him in Cup games to help him develop and ready for us, and if he's any good like the video suggest he might get 10 to 15mins in Leauge games as well, i hope we pressed on this though.
We have no leverage at all to do this. He’s gone in 12 weeks. My understanding is that it’s got nothing really to do with playing time why he’s still there, but that he requires a work permit, which may take some time. If, during that time he gets some minutes then it’s a bonus.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Watch this kid videos, WOW, that's some mad talent. The eye test alone says is a better talent than Sancho and the only thing going against in comparison is that he lacks senior football experience. But his natural abilities, be it dribbling, close control, speed, technique, 2 footedness and even hardwork are anything beyond of what I've seen from Sancho. I was wondering why we were plucking so much money(especially if we factor in the adds on) for a kid despite us being very stingy this window then after seeing this kid's video I now understand. The kid is ridiculously talented, so rare to see such level of talent.

I read someone mentioned that he's the greenwood of Atlanta and now I makes sense. What Greenwood is to scoring ability is what this kid is to balling ability. Insane talent.

Alemar

That’s not the reason though. Explain then how Pogba and Sancho went to Juventus and Dortmund respectively at a very young age without any experience, but start straight away and made immediate impact?
That’s because their management doesn’t tolerate mediocrity in the squad and is not afraid of playing better and more talented players, even if they are younger.

If we follow this route and stop hoping for some miraculous progress from McTominay, James, Williams and the like, instead opting for players with more talent, it may be a good thing (as with average players, your maximum is average results - exactly what we are getting for the last 8 years).

Watch this kid videos, WOW, that's some mad talent. The eye test alone says is a better talent than Sancho and the only thing going against in comparison is that he lacks senior football experience. But his natural abilities, be it dribbling, close control, speed, technique, 2 footedness and even hardwork are anything beyond of what I've seen from Sancho. I was wondering why we were plucking so much money(especially if we factor in the adds on) for a kid despite us being very stingy this window then after seeing this kid's video I now understand. The kid is ridiculously talented, so rare to see such level of talent.

I read someone mentioned that he's the greenwood of Atlanta and now I makes sense. What Greenwood is to scoring ability is what this kid is to balling ability. Insane talent.
That’s an incredibly positive post. I’m not sure if that’s sarcasm, given the general feeling at the moment!

Am looking forward to seeing him play.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Everything's great, only thing that doesn't make sense is the fact that we waited for deadline to sign this lad. Something simply doesn't add up there, we could've bought him earlier if we really wanted to buy him all along.
There were reports last year from Italy that said we were watching him closely. Luckhurst was the first United journo to link us to him and he said we've been watching him for years. Definitely not a transfer Woodward pulled out of his arse.

I'm not sure why we waited until deadline day to complete. Bit of a weird one. Maybe had something to do with his visa problems?
Tracking him for 3 years and we wait to make a move until the last day of the window, when there's no time to sort a work permit and he can't actually join for 3 months. :houllier:
There was a report that we had submitted for the work permit days earlier so I think we were trying to wait for that to go through before making it formal. As deadline day came and we were still waiting on the permit, the deal needed to be formally announced, so I think the agreement was made earlier but we ideally wanted the permit to be done so we could announce then.

Where's the video of him doing that vs. Serie A defenders? Oh wait, nevermind, that's right. . . we spunked 20m of our transfer budget, (while neglecting the first team), on one of our most pressing positions for the past decade. . . on a kid that's played 24 minutes of first team football., so you probably won't find any.
This kind of deal does happen. Real Madrid spent €46m on Vinicius Jr after playing 17 minutes of first team football.

Leethal

This kind of deal does happen. Real Madrid spent €46m on Vinicius Jr after playing 17 minutes of first team football.
They definitely do, but we're in the middle of a pandemic, with gaping holes all over team that need addressing way before we start blowing part of our budget on a youth prospect. Real Madrid was coming off the back of a Champions League win, with a top tier team all over the pitch.

Ordinarily I'd be loving this purchase, but right now, I think we have other more pressing issues that need taking care of first.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If you'd never seen Sancho at Dortmund and had to choose who was better from the two players from their time at City and Atalanta. Who would you choose from the YouTube highlights below?

I honestly wouldn't be able to say.

Last edited:

Lebowski

Of course there is, but we leave it too late on Sancho until the very last day, there’s not much options available.
If I have the say, I’d give up Sancho long ago and pursue other realistic targets.
Plus I do think Traore is a good buy in long term for us. He is real talent, and we got him at very young age too. Just that he may not make an immediate impact to our team given his age and inexperience.
We didn't have to leave it until the last day though, did we?

Nobody knows whether Traore will turn out to be good enough because he's played 24 minutes of football. However I can see why United fans are very frustrated by our last day dealings.

We go into the transfer window in desperate need of a right winger, and after an embarrassing high profile hubristic pursuit of Sancho, we end up not getting him and signing a youth prospect.

It's like a chef who has to make a signature omelette dish and his restaurant haggles all week with somebody over duck eggs, only to fail and end up buying a baby chick 5 minutes before dinner time. Eventually the chick might grow up and lay some tasty free range eggs, but the chef would have been better off if they'd nipped to tescos.

Is that the worst metaphor ever?

macheda14

They definitely do, but we're in the middle of a pandemic, with gaping holes all over team that need addressing way before we start blowing part of our budget on a youth prospect. Real Madrid was coming off the back of a Champions League win, with a top tier team all over the pitch.

Ordinarily I'd be loving this purchase, but right now, I think we have other more pressing issues that need taking care of first.
We either do it now or risk him going somewhere else and everyone complaining about why we didn’t pull the trigger when we could have. It works both ways.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Looks a very talented player from what I've seen so far (YouTube) although its all based on his youth team games. Looks better than what I've seen of Pellistri really(also YouTube) but you could argue Pellistri was playing first team football against men in a rough South American league.
Both have the potential to be shrewd signings for United in the future.

CG1010

I think the maturing ages for footballers has shifted a couple of years back.. previously players didnt mature until 23-24 but many attacking talents are becoming superstars by the age of 21-22 only. This means that even though 18 year olds are considered youth prospect, for some very good players you need to get them at this age before they are prohibitively costly

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We didn't have to leave it until the last day though, did we?

Nobody knows whether Traore will turn out to be good enough because he's played 24 minutes of football. However I can see why United fans are very frustrated by our last day dealings.

We go into the transfer window in desperate need of a right winger, and after an embarrassing high profile hubristic pursuit of Sancho, we end up not getting him and signing a youth prospect.

It's like a chef who has to make a signature omelette dish and his restaurant haggles all week with somebody over duck eggs, only to fail and end up buying a baby chick 5 minutes before dinner time. Eventually the chick might grow up and lay some tasty free range eggs, but the chef would have been better off if they'd nipped to tescos.

Is that the worst metaphor ever?
Sure I get what you mean, the club has totally feck up Sancho transfer and leaves everything too late. But again I am happy of the signing regardless, I really believe he is real talent. If only to choose from Sarr, Dembele and Traore, i would definitely go for Traore.

No one know Sancho will be good too when he played 0 mins before moving to Dortmund. Sometimes when you have identified a young talent worthy of pursue, you just have to take the risk.

Also, when we feck up Ronaldinho deal long ago, we bought Ronaldo afterwards - a youngster who cost quite a lot at that time and unproven. It’s a gamble at that time, but a very good outcome for us.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
These signings can only be judged in the next few years which could well see us look back at the window just gone as a success.

Would anyone have abandoned our pursuit of Lukaku, Lindelof and Matic in the summer of 2017 for the 17 year old Sancho from City at the time? I wouldn't have, but with the benefit of hindsight it would've been better.

I'm not saying Diallo is gonna have the same impact but it seems the people who have extensively watched him, feel he will follow a similar trajectory to Sancho hence the club buying him for a considerable sum. And as far as i'm concerned this is the correct move because this is how you build a winning team in the longterm and not by shelling out £108m when there's several other positions that need upgrading.

PoTMS

Don't care about the fee. Looks promising and could end up being a masterstroke. Just a shame we couldn't get him in before January as he'd add an unknown quantity to our predictable forward line.