Amad Diallo - Atalanta winger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
“Italian sources have warned Traore will not be cheap despite his playing time in Serie A amounting to just 30 minutes”

Clearly we aren’t signing him unless they accept the two Bob we find behind the sofa.
Well they think 15m for Smalling is expensive, so they might have a different sense of "not cheap".

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
“Italian sources have warned Traore will not be cheap despite his playing time in Serie A amounting to just 30 minutes”

Clearly we aren’t signing him unless they accept the two Bob we find behind the sofa.
Should give them the old Italian classic, loan with an obligation to buy :drool: seriously though, if we had money to throw about I think we would've done so already.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
So funnily enough I got recommended him on football manager by a 20/20 scout, so I googled him, and I ended up watching the game that he came on and scored what I think I recall as the winner in a 7-1 game VS an extremely poor Udinese side. Honestly I don't remember noticing too much about him apart from how well he took his goal. Picked the ball up in midfield, kept his head up for options before cutting in slightly and finishing from 20 yards on his left foot.

Atalantas youth system is no joke, they've won top competitions in the last 2 seasons, so I would expect him to be a level or two above our current crop of u23 forwards, but he would definitely be one for the future. and should by no means be considered a Sancho alternative. Although again, what do I know?

Exciting talent.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Random winger who just turned 18 and would go in our youth team. More of a reserve team signing with long term hopes rather than actually signing someone who will have any impact in our first team.
Which it was never stated to be.

eltigreFalcao

Even if its a signing initially to be used in our reserves set up I think is brilliant. Looks like hes got a lot of potential, and we are lacking talent on the right wing even on our youth teams (Elanga imo is a cf or lw) and obviously he could get some minutes if firing up down the ranks. Also not seeing him coming expensive, lets do this

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Traore must be up there as one of the longest running surnames in football.

jesperjaap

Usually all up an dexcited by these types of signings.....but not if he is the right wing alternative. We already have a hugely talente youngster in Greenwood can play there (yes should be moving inside more but still). We really need someone can come straight in and improve our right wing and I dont mean a super experienced player like Perisic/Bale....no thanks, I mean a Sancho obviously or even a Chiesa.
If this is an additional siging then great, f its an alternative.....not a good window

Red_Orchestra

We're to senseless to make this type of signing, instead, we'll sign him from Tottenham when he's worth 80 million.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
We're to senseless to make this type of signing, instead, we'll sign him from Tottenham when he's worth 80 million.

We've literally been signing nothing but highly-rated youngsters with bags of potential. Hansen-Aarøen, Carreras, Jurado, Garnacho, McNeill, Pye, Hugill this window alone.

Chairman Steve

Does anyone think he’s going to be James’ replacement? I can see the scenario where Sancho/Dembele join as the primary right winger, then you’ll have James and Traore battling for the same spot, two very similar players on the surface level.

However the difference is James is a versatile attacking winger who prefers the left, while Traore is a versatile attacking winger who prefers the right... and our options on the right are basically Greenwood or a square peg in a round hole, so we’re basically getting the player we should have bought last year when we bought James.

DanClancy

Does anyone think he’s going to be James’ replacement? I can see the scenario where Sancho/Dembele join as the primary right winger, then you’ll have James and Traore battling for the same spot, two very similar players on the surface level.

However the difference is James is a versatile attacking winger who prefers the left, while Traore is a versatile attacking winger who prefers the right... and our options on the right are basically Greenwood or a square peg in a round hole, so we’re basically getting the player we should have bought last year when we bought James.
I'd have thought if he comes in then James will leave as long as someone else comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.