Amadou Haidara

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Any player that is constantly having to rely on slide tackling is a player that will end up committing a lot of fouls or getting caught out of position
That’s how I felt watching his highlight reel. Quite a few would result in free kicks in the PL

romufc

@Judas @romufc

Well it's an extremely small sample size isn't it?

How about when he came on at half time in the PL against Watford and bossed it from midfield until we got the red, is that better?

Both those pre season games were against PL opposition and full strength midfields. If he can do it then, he can do it when fully fit also.

I've seen way more evidence that he IS good in that position rather than vice versa.

The sample size is non existent really.

First of all, as a fan, you cannot judge a footballer based on the minutes Donny has played for us.

Which is the reason, I think he isnt good enough, when different managers chose not to play him.

I mean Elanga is getting game time so, I am sure if you impress Ralf enough, he will get game time.

Acole9

Outstanding
I don't think there's anything in this. Doesn't look like he's even a starter at RB Leipzig.

bucky

I don't think there's anything in this. Doesn't look like he's even a starter at RB Leipzig.
Lazy link most likely. He hasn't been all that impressive for Leipzig. The only players we should be interested in are Nkunku and Gvardiol.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Lazy link most likely. He hasn't been all that impressive for Leipzig. The only players we should be interested in are Nkunku and Gvardiol.
Gvardiol looks a very interesting CB option.

bucky

Gvardiol looks a very interesting CB option.
Considering that Bailly seems to want out, Tuanzebe might be on his way as well and we shouldn't really bank on Jones, I'd say we'll need a new CB sooner than later.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Considering that Bailly seems to want out, Tuanzebe might be on his way as well and we shouldn't really bank on Jones, I'd say we'll need a new CB sooner than later.
I think if what you're saying does transpire (I hope it does), then signing a young up and coming CB with high potential would be the way to go imo. Gvardiol looks to fit the profile of CB, who is comfortable playing in different phases of play, both physically and technically, and would be a excellent choice from the evidence at hand.

And if I'm to put my DoF hat on and make a bold claim, I'd be hopeful of seeing a Gvardiol - Willy Kambwala, CB pairing in the next 3 to 4 years. I could obviously be wrong, but I think if Kambwala can catch a break from injuries, then he has a real chance of making it. He has the physical and technical attributes in abundance to become a real stalwart in both a high line or a more Conservative measured approach.

bucky

I think if what you're saying does transpire (I hope it does), then signing a young up and coming CB with high potential would be the way to go imo. Gvardiol looks to fit the profile of CB, who is comfortable playing in different phases of play, both physically and technically, and would be a excellent choice from the evidence at hand.

And if I'm to put my DoF hat on and make a bold claim, I'd be hopeful of seeing a Gvardiol - Willy Kambwala, CB pairing in the next 3 to 4 years. I could obviously be wrong, but I think if Kambwala can catch a break from injuries, then he has a real chance of making it. He has the physical and technical attributes in abundance to become a real stalwart in both a high line or a more Conservative measured approach.
Agreed.

I don't really follow the reserves/academy anymore, but hopefully you are right. How is Mengi coming along? Wasn't he hightly rated?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Agreed.

I don't really follow the reserves/academy anymore, but hopefully you are right. How is Mengi coming along? Wasn't he hightly rated?
Mengi's a good player and ticks quite a few boxes as far as helping us transition to play a more proactive game. But I don't believe he's as good as someone like Gvardiol, especially on the ball.

bucky

Mengi's a good player and ticks quite a few boxes as far as helping us transition to play a more proactive game. But I don't believe he's as good as someone like Gvardiol, especially on the ball.
Okay, thanks. Hopefully he surprises us then. Even if he turns 'just' into a squad player, there would be value in that.