Amadou Haidara

Bestietom

Bruno wasn't a star player but we all knew he has potential.

That's the strategy we had before and that's the strategy we need to have now.

If Ralf knows him and he thinks that Haidara can play for us - I trust him
It's what Rangnick does Brilliantly. He spots talent and turns them into top players.

Ekeke

Bruno was a star player. He was top of goals and assists in Portugal for multiple seasons :lol:

The only question is, how well does being the best player by a mile in Portugal translate to your level in the premier league. Turns out really well

For example Pote scored more goals than Bruno did in a league season for Sporting last year, at 23. Does that mean he'll do just as well as Bruno in the premier league? No. But chances are he's no worse than europa league team level

MasterOfMuppets

I think Konrad Laimer is a better player and fit for United. He’s like a big upgrade on Scott, with more speed, intensity, pressing, positional awareness, passing accuracy and progressive play. Would be a cheap buy aswell. Wonder why he rarely gets mentioned. Any thought?

SAF is the GOAT

I think Konrad Laimer is a better player and fit for United. He’s like a big upgrade on Scott, with more speed, intensity, pressing, positional awareness, passing accuracy and progressive play. Would be a cheap buy aswell. Wonder why he rarely gets mentioned. Any thought?
Maybe because he had a nasty injury last season - he had an ankle fracture that made him absent from 42 games

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Is this dude injured? Tuned in expecting to see him vs City. Had my scouting glasses on and everything.

KennyBurner

This is what happens when you get information from the media. They don't represent the realirt.

No one saw it because no one realised how good he was for Wolves.

17/18 - Championship 18 goals 6 assists
18/19 - 10 goals 7 assists
19/20 - 16 goals 6 assists

Playing on the wing, on the contrary lets look at Adama

17/18 - 5 goals 12 assists
18/19 - 1 goal 3 assists
19/20 - 6 goals 12 assists

I mean that is not even comparable, Jota was clear of Adama.
Adama is a tactical player. You have to plan for him which is why he has a media buzz.

bushyzor

I’ve never watched the guy play, but I see that his average tackles per game is about 1.3 Isn’t that low for what we hope to be a number 6 type player? I think Freds is about 2.3 tackles per game.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yeah whatever. You don’t know ball. It’s cool.
I’ve never been more certain that you are a parody account.

You haven’t got a scooby and then drop that line :lol:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’ve never watched the guy play, but I see that his average tackles per game is about 1.3 Isn’t that low for what we hope to be a number 6 type player? I think Freds is about 2.3 tackles per game.
I guess he could become a more pressing player. He certainly looks like a player who could thrive in a physical league and his passing is better than McT. He’d be a good rotation for Fred too. It seems like a decent transfer for not a lot of cash IF we are interested at all. He seems to be heavily going back to his RB contacts so I would totally discount it

Ekeke

Was excellent against City including a nice assist with the outside of his foot for the pass. Better numbers for pressing and ball winning than Fred too

Mainoldo

I’ve never been more certain that you are a parody account.

You haven’t got a scooby and then drop that line :lol:
I was playing about for my own amusment:lol:

But I do mean what I say about Haidara not being the type of player we should be after. We don’t need to bargain shop leave that to Dortmund.

Walters_19_MuFc

Had 18 passes, with a pass percentage of 77.8%. Not too familiar with Laimer, but imagine people wouldn't be happy with those statistics if that was McTominay, regardless of whether it's against City or not.

That being said, I'm not going let those stats mud the waters. From what you said, it sounds like he had a decent game.

MeddlLoide

Supports
Leipzig
Honestly as a full-on United-Fan I'd be skeptical about this signing. For Rangnick himself he'll probably be solid to good on the "wing" and the 6 but the best case should be securing Top 4 with Rangnick and then getting Ten Hag at least imo and I find him hard to imagine in the Ten Hag 4-3-3. For the 8 he's not dynamic and creative enough and on the wings he doesn't have the pace or dribbling skills at all so that could be kinda dubious. He fell down the order with Nagelsmann for the same reasons and had to play some for him pretty weird Inverted Wingback role even on the left sometimes.

Resch

Haidara is no DM. Rose used him in Salzburg as the right sided 8 in a 442 diamond, wich fitted him.

What we need is a more of a CDM, or a very mobile 6, an upgrade on McT.

As RR is looking at (former) RB players, Laimer would be a good signing, or Mo Camara from Salzburg.
Laimer is a bulldog, fighting ans hunting all over the pitch. Had a great assist for the first RBL yesterday.
Camara would be perfect, if he physically fits into the PL. Salzburg will play Sevilla today, if they fail to secure a spot in the CL or EL, it should be possible to sign him.
Seiwald would be the cheap gamble. He is 20, played massive for Salzburg this season. He played as a 6 or a 8 this season.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Never watched him but he obviously suits the profile of player we want in that pivot role.
Same.

It amazes me how many people now saying get him. Didn't see his name mentioned once in the who we need in midfield thread which has been going on for ages. Not until he was linked anyway.

E-mal

Why cant we just get Tielemans and Rice or the lad that plays 6 for Ajax.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Why cant we just get Tielemans and Rice or the lad that plays 6 for Ajax.
Because we’d get absolutely shagged by Leicester and West Ham.

Maybe this guy suits RR’s philosophy more?

Maybe it’s a load of tosh and we aren’t even interested in Haidara?

Green Arrow

If Ralf says he's good then that's good enough for me, I admit never heard of him or seen him play but if that's who he wants then fine by me.

Plus if the cost of him id £33M then that would be a good price, much better than what we would get quoted for Rice and Tielemans.

Andersons Dietician

High energy all action sounds exactly like they type of player Ralf would want in his midfield. If he brought him in would it be Fred and Haidara just Going at teams 100mph full throttle, or would they be heavily rotated and McT stays in playing more reserved.

saivet

Because we’d get absolutely shagged by Leicester and West Ham.

Maybe this guy suits RR’s philosophy more?

Maybe it’s a load of tosh and we aren’t even interested in Haidara?
For Rice we would but Tielemans will have one year left on his contract in the summer.

Abraxas

If Ralf says he's good then that's good enough for me, I admit never heard of him or seen him play but if that's who he wants then fine by me.

Plus if the cost of him id £33M then that would be a good price, much better than what we would get quoted for Rice and Tielemans.
But on paper he's a much more questionable signing than Rice so it wouldn't be surprising if he's much cheaper.

Sometimes you have to pay a lot to get what you need and it's better than compromising. Midfield may be one such case for us.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Haidara is no DM. Rose used him in Salzburg as the right sided 8 in a 442 diamond, wich fitted him.

As RR is looking at (former) RB players, Laimer would be a good signing, or Mo Camara from Salzburg.
Laimer is a bulldog, fighting ans hunting all over the pitch. Had a great assist for the first RBL yesterday.
Camara would be perfect, if he physically fits into the PL. Salzburg will play Sevilla today, if they fail to secure a spot in the CL or EL, it should be possible to sign him.
Seiwald would be the cheap gamble. He is 20, played massive for Salzburg this season. He played as a 6 or a 8 this season.
This is what I've always found weird - why hasn't anyone gone after Laimer?

MeddlLoide

Supports
Leipzig
Oliver Mintzlaff basically confirmed the transfer a few minutes ago in a fan meeting.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Seiwald is a total FM 22 legend.

MeddlLoide

Supports
Leipzig
Who's he ? And what meeting ?
He's Leipzig CEO and currently the main man for the transfer decisions as well as there is no director of football. It was like a press conference but for fans and when asked about Haidara he basically said that when a certain amount is paid they can't do anything and it can happen this winter. So what was reported already basically. They put the video on youtube on private so I can't link it.

SAF is the GOAT

He's Leipzig CEO and currently the main man for the transfer decisions as well as there is no director of football. It was like a press conference but for fans and when asked about Haidara he basically said that when a certain amount is paid they can't do anything and it can happen this winter. So what was reported already basically. They put the video on youtube on private so I can't link it.
Is it 33 million pounds ?