Amazon Prime and Premier League Rights

Chipper

Adulterer.
Go to town on comparing

Do you even know what you're arguing?

This started when you said "Dont people in Ireland already have the rights to all games through premier sports and have for years "

People have been saying no, they don't have the rights to all games because they don't get all the 3pm kick offs. They can watch Sky and BT and get the same as in England. On Premier sports they get 1 3pm kick of a week plus the Amazon games. They do not get other 3pm matches so do not get all games. That's all everyone else is saying.

Your pictures show that they get Amazon games and everyone already knows that and agrees with it. Your pictures also show that they get just 1 3pm a kick off a week so not all the games.

Edit: So on January 11th at 3pm they can watch United v Norwich, they cant watch:

• Chelsea v Burnley
  • Everton v Brighton & Hove Albion
  • Leicester City v Southampton
  • Wolverhampton Wanderers v Newcastle United

starman

This started when you said "Dont people in Ireland already have the rights to all games through premier sports and have for years "

People have been saying no, they don't have the rights to all games because they don't get all the 3pm kick offs. They can watch Sky and BT and get the same as in England. On Premier sports they get 1 3pm kick of a week plus the Amazon games. They do not get other 3pm matches so do not get all games. That's all everyone else is saying.

Your pictures show that they get Amazon games and everyone already knows that and agrees with it. Your pictures also show that they get just 1 3pm a kick off a week so not all the games.
Do you not understand that's a question. What i was arguing was what's avaiable on Amazon is avaiable to people already ROI via another service. And the person complaining about it not being available to them via Amazon was a freeloader spoofing their location when they could just subscribe to a service already established within their country

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I've been an Amazon Prime customer for years so I'm glad they picked up the rights to broadcast PL games.

Their coverage can't be any worse than BT, who gets a kick out of making Steve Mcmanamon co-commentator for every United game they cover.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast

Edit: So on January 11th at 3pm they can watch United v Norwich, they cant watch:

• Chelsea v Burnley
  • Everton v Brighton & Hove Albion
  • Leicester City v Southampton
  • Wolverhampton Wanderers v Newcastle United
Premier sports only launched this year and I think most of us just see it as another cog in the monopoly, as sky had the 3pms the last few years and the fact that the last primary bt provider provided it free as part of Eir broadband, but once Sky became the home of Bt it was just another package with premier sports as part of it. Basically paying more for less

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Do you not understand that's a question. What i was arguing was what's avaiable on Amazon is avaiable to people already ROI via another service. And the person complaining about it not being available to them via Amazon was a freeloader spoofing their location when they could just subscribe to a service already established within their country
Suuuure it is, wink wink.

Welcome back freeloader.
Oh my god, how dare I spoof poor little Amazon. Shame on me. Poor Jeff Bezos might lose his world's richest man status if we keep this up!

starman

Suuuure it is, wink wink.

Oh my god, how dare I spoof poor little Amazon. Shame on me. Poor Jeff Bezos might lose his world's richest man status if we keep this up!
:houllier:

Its what started the whole conversation, you bitching about the games not being available on Amazon to people in ROI, when you could just subscribe to another service. You dont wish to pay for it.
And the point is about availability and easy access. You have it, choose not use it and still bitch

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
I understand. Your question was then answered and you were told that no, Premier Sports (in conjunction with the other channels) do not show all the games.

As an aside Massive Spanner went on to explain a separate side issue to do with the Amazon games from the point of view of a consumer and how they don't get them included in their Amazon Prime subscription which he isn't a fan of.

You then went on to insist that pub you went in has all the games because they have a Premier Sports sub. This is impossible. Having a sub to Premier Sports, Sky and BT still does not get you all the games.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Do you have any games consoles in your house? You can get the app on there too
I have just found a HDMI cable and turned on the replay of the Palace/Bournemouth game, attached the cable between the TV and the laptop and bingo it is on my TV. I will use my tablet for posting on here. Dead chuffed now.
:D

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very sorry if this has been mentioned in here before - I did a quick few page scans. But how do I go about finding the game on Amazon video?

starman

I understand. Your question was then answered and you were told that no, Premier Sports (in conjunction with the other channels) do not show all the games.

As an aside Massive Spanner went on to explain a separate side issue to do with the Amazon games from the point of view of a consumer and how they don't get them included in their Amazon Prime subscription which he isn't a fan of.

You then went on to insist that pub you went in has all the games because they have a Premier Sports sub. This is impossible. Having a sub to Premier Sports, Sky and BT still does not get you all the games.
Well as a sky customer, and like anyone in the U.K we dont get the access he "could" enjoy throughout the year, so swing and roundabouts
My point was arguing them showing every game on prime, hence the constant use of the graphic, and every occasion i had been to the pub, every game being played was televised

redshaw

Very sorry if this has been mentioned in here before - I did a quick few page scans. But how do I go about finding the game on Amazon video?
Login to amazon uk and it's plastered all over the site.

briansy

I have watched Sport on Amazon Prime before - they have the US Open tennis which I was disappointed to see that Sky lost. I found the picture quality to be really poor and extremely glitchy when any movement was involved there, and am baffled to learn that they still have rights to this tournament. I am watching the build up to this United game and I will be shocked and disappointed if this succeeds as a medium. The picture makes my eyes hurt. Anyone get what I'm saying here? Also, the inability to easily flick around like on a dedicated Sky box makes this feel like a real gimmick. Thoughts?

dbs235

I'm enjoying this pre-match show they've got going on so far.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Well as a sky customer, and like anyone in the U.K we dont get the access he "could" enjoy throughout the year, so swing and roundabouts
My point was arguing them showing every game on prime, hence the constant use of the graphic, and every occasion i had been to the pub, every game being played was televised
I get what you're saying about Prime, there was just a misunderstanding as far as I can tell.

People were saying that you can't watch all the games (as in all 380 Premier League matches) on Irish tv just like you can in the USA for example. At the same time you were saying you can watch all the Amazon Prime ones on Premier Sports. Everyone was using the word 'all' and talking at cross purposes.

I don't know about the pub having all the games. Maybe they had some other services too to get all the games? Something snide they shouldn't really have? They wouldn't quite have them all with Premier Sports, Sky and BT.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yup that was it - not provided on Amazon.ca. Had to turn the VPN on to get on the UK

klayton88

Is amazon unplaybale for anybody? Choppy isn't the word. I'm getting 1s of every 20s playing as it should during the build up.

Marcelinho87

I have watched Sport on Amazon Prime before - they have the US Open tennis which I was disappointed to see that Sky lost. I found the picture quality to be really poor and extremely glitchy when any movement was involved there, and am baffled to learn that they still have rights to this tournament. I am watching the build up to this United game and I will be shocked and disappointed if this succeeds as a medium. The picture makes my eyes hurt. Anyone get what I'm saying here? Also, the inability to easily flick around like on a dedicated Sky box makes this feel like a real gimmick. Thoughts?
The picture is spot on for me, no glitches or anything and I love the X-Ray feature...if this doesn't succeed as a medium then I'll be disappointed.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I have a feeling it's because I'm in the Isle of Man which means Amazon are fecking me over as we're not technically in the UK, but where is the button meant to be once you're on the premier league page? I can't see an option to actually watch the game?

3KDré

Trust Redcafe to argue

Schmikes, Berba and Harry Redknapp make for a balanced panel and they know the game inside out.

It's good so far.
I think if they got a different presenter in, someone like Lineker it would be great. I think they key to Amazon getting proper PL coverage is putting familiar faces on the screen.

Siorac

Sooooo how does this work exactly? Because I have Prime Video but it seems that's not the same?

EDIT: Oh, it's just not available in my location. feck you, Premier League.

Brinky

Feels like a Champions League game with Clive commentating :drool:

redshaw

I have a feeling it's because I'm in the Isle of Man which means Amazon are fecking me over as we're not technically in the UK, but where is the button meant to be once you're on the premier league page? I can't see an option to actually watch the game?
A big blue button saying watch live after you click on a united spurs logo. If nothing is appearing you need to use a vpn. The site is pretty much taken over with Premier League and the clubs logos and banners.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Just had some stuttering and a 'video unavailable' stop. Had to close the player, refresh the page then load again.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It works perfectly on TV. Mobile was choppy for me yesterday, haven't tried it today.

marktan

Great on TV so far for me, was solid on laptop yesterday too with occasional frame drops.

DRM

Watching on my TV, when the ball moves there is some jitter. Hurts my eyes