Amazon Prime and Premier League Rights

RedDevilRoshi

That and the connection keeps dropping/jumping. Commentary out of sync with what’s on screen so have to exit the app and restart several times throughout the match.
I was getting the same thing whilst watching it on the PS5 app and then switched over to the tv app and it’s been far better.

The picture is great and no buffering etc but I’m a good 30+ seconds behind live which is infuriating when discussing with other people.

Also the commentary and punditry is awful. Why have they got rid of the “no commentary” option?
the pundits were sent off to the farm by other channels years ago.

McCoist and Townsend over the past two nights. It’s not 2002.

RedDevilRoshi

The picture is great and no buffering etc but I’m a good 30+ seconds behind live which is infuriating when discussing with other people.

Also the commentary and punditry is awful. Why have they got rid of the “no commentary” option?
That’s something I’m definitely disappointed with. Was a brilliant wee feature last year.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
That’s something I’m definitely disappointed with. Was a brilliant wee feature last year.
It was my favourite thing about last years trial.

I assume it’s because there’s no crowd, but I’d much rather listen to an empty stadium.

U99ted

Been good for me watching on a web browser. Good live stats and ability to watch back goals too.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

That's with every streaming service. IPTV will always be behind cable/sat

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
With Now TV and BT sports apps I can have those running on one screen on the laptop with Netflix/youtube on the other and it flows great.

With amazon prime - even with their app I notice you can't run anything as it just kills both.

Not sure if it's just a weird quirk or if they simply don't have the infrastructure as powerful as their rivals yet. Would make sense as they're fairly recent

acnumber9

The quality of the streams have been poor for me. But I do enjoy Ally McCoist on commentary.

fps

I got rid of sky sports and if more football is included with my amazon prime fantastic

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Bit hit and miss for me, the quality isn't same as satellite or cable.

lukepowell1988

Been crap on my Apple TV a buffering mess
60 up 20 down connection on Ethernet so they can't blame it on speeds

Zen86

Quality is fine for me, but I don’t like those cringe player animations when they score. Eugh.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It has been absolutely fine for me so far and you cannot complain about the price. It’s great value for money.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Quality is fine for me, but I don’t like those cringe player animations when they score. Eugh.
Is the contrast horrible on them for you? Bright green pitch as the backdrop and they look like shadows.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Stream quality is shocking. De Gea was in goal for that 2nd goal on my stream then.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Stream quality will 100% be down to folks internet speed. I average 140 and it has been crisp, clean, and smooth the whole game.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Stream quality will 100% be down to folks internet speed. I average 140 and it has been crisp, clean, and smooth the whole game.
Mines 100mbps. Second half was much better than the first to be fair. Agree re McCoist, makes a refreshing change to listen to a commentator who isn’t a complete dick.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I have always liked McCoist since A Question of Sport. Genuinely funny guy.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Ally McCoist is great, I’m really enjoying this.
Agreed. Find most commentators proper miserable half the time, whereas you can tell McCoist is just enjoying watching the game.

T_Model101

Had a HD stream with no issues at all on an old firestick
I definitely prefer their presentation to Sky and BT, it comes across as more mature and professional with less of an agenda

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Mines 100mbps. Second half was much better than the first to be fair. Agree re McCoist, makes a refreshing change to listen to a commentator who isn’t a complete dick.
Yep. He's a bit of a cock. But that's not the same as being a dick.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Ally McCoist was great... Sounded like a bloke who was happy to be watching football and just full of praise for things.

3KDré

It was my favourite thing about last years trial.

I assume it’s because there’s no crowd, but I’d much rather listen to an empty stadium.
When I tried to turn my subtitles off, there was an audio option other than English called 'stadium FX' or something. I think maybe you may have been able to have no commentary with that option.

Nero

Stream got better as United took control of the game. Non United fans closing the stream.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
This is the third game I've watched on Amazon this week, all three have been perfect. If I could watch every game on here that would be amazing,

Acole9

Outstanding
The quality is much better compared to last year, it was dreadful.

McCoist is great on commentary.

Neo_Mufc

I seem to be behind my friends watching prime. No idea why.

Replays seem to be grainy. Other than that it's nice to be able to have all the games in one place.

NYAS

It’s been shite.

Also even if it has been decent for others, how can anyone prefer that over Ultra 4K HD on Sky?

I don’t understand. People really hate the punditry/commentary that much that they’d sacrifice picture quality?