Amazon Prime and Premier League Rights

Dante

Average bang
Refreshing sideline trio. Decent banter, not too serious. Nice for a midweek.
Agreed.

The pre-game pundit lineup is great for building the excitement. The in-game commentary lineup is great for keeping things entertaining. The only thing that Amazon lack is a Neville or a Carragher type post-game analyst lineup that can really dissect the tactics.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Agreed.

The pre-game lineup is great for building the excitement. The in-game commentary is great for keeping things entertaining. The only thing that Amazon lack is a Neville or a Carragher type who can really dissect the tactics post-game.
Yeah that's a good shout.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
My stream yesterday was 5 seconds behind real life. I still don’t understand how but more of that innovation is always welcome. Plus McCoist and Champion. Long live our Amazon overlords.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We've won every game when we've been on Amazon

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Please let this be the future. All games in one place. Crisp service.
Need a netflix style subscription. Even just to the one team. So you could watch all of Uniteds games or whoever you follow.

Cheapest you can get is a tenner on nowtv, but you get all the sports. i wish they would just make it a fiver to watch the match. Surely it has to go that way.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
McCoist is very good. I like that Amazon lets you turn commentary off, but McCoist made it worth listening to. Speaks with enthusiasm, insightful but simple.

TsuWave

wish they would get more games. this is good stuff:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
wish they would get more games. this is good stuff:

That was nice. Really liked it. The picture quality was lacking a bit but the coverage itself was really good.

Flying_Heckfish

Well they've obviously got the money to buy all the rights to everything if they really wanted to.

I wonder what their business plan is? Do they just want to buy a few rounds to get people onto Prime, or have they actually got ambitions to be a player?

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Well they've obviously got the money to buy all the rights to everything if they really wanted to.

I wonder what their business plan is? Do they just want to buy a few rounds to get people onto Prime, or have they actually got ambitions to be a player?
Apprantly the idea is buying Sports rights to then entice people to buying goods. When they got the rights the rumours were the package they brought was essentially a try it out option. So, it'll depend on what their algos are telling them. l suspect they'll move for more rights but I reckon they replace BT more than overtake Sky.

However, if they do that, expect subscriptions costs to increase like they have in the States.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Yep it's very refreshing and made me pay more attention to the actual game. Also confirmed how much of commentary is just talking for the sake of it.
Used to be able to do this on BBC via the red button (you could chose TV commentary, radio or just crowd noise) but obviously this was just for FA Cup games (and internationals). Like dit at first, they it started to be feel weird)

TsuWave

I would pay a decent premium to have more prem live games/coverage from amazon. It's just too convenient for me

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I would pay a decent premium to have more prem live games/coverage from amazon. It's just too convenient for me
still don’t understand why the PL just doesn’t stream it themselves? So much more income to be had that way.

acnumber9

This matchday has been about 10-15 seconds behind for me, which is pretty much what sky/Bt sport are. It seems they’ve finally got it to a good level.
It’s inconsistent across platforms and dependent on your internet apparently.

stw2022

Think this match was filmed just before the World Cup so its not that delayed

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Surprised by how poor the latency is, they use Elemental streaming servers from aws which states a 6 second latency, according to their website anyway.

Judas

Open to offers
Watching it through Sky Q last night was the best live streaming of a sport I've ever experienced. Flawless.

Compared to watching it through a PS4 the previous night, buffered every now and again.

Still would happily see them take the complete rights and would welcome it with open arms.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Watching it through Sky Q last night was the best live streaming of a sport I've ever experienced. Flawless.

Compared to watching it through a PS4 the previous night, buffered every now and again.

Still would happily see them take the complete rights and would welcome it with open arms.
I did the same. It was great. In the past I have watched it via my laptop and if buffered constantly.

stw2022

With the likes of YouTube, Amazon, Apple etc able to pay eye-watering prices and sell rights effectively without traditional geographical restrictions you wonder what will come of traditional sports broadcasting.

I think it'll be good news for fans as the streaming service would be less concerned about turning a profit based solely on the rights themselves, instead using it as effective content bait to allure subscribers to its other services and platforms. With Sky/BT the prices are passed directly onto the subscriber him/herself.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Betting sites have exact times.
Ah. So the betting sites have a clock which shows the clock we see when watching on telly? Why does it bother anyone if the game they’re watching is a few seconds behind? Always found it a strange complaint.

I had a genuine problem with this watching the World Cup final on a streaming service upstairs while my son and his friends watched on network Tv downstairs. I heard cheering for goals several seconds before I saw them. Assuming everyone in the house is using the same service I can’t see the issue?