Amazon Prime and Premier League Rights

DRM

Should be fine considering they own AWS which has like 50% of the cloud internet market, and provides the backend hosting for Netflix. But I read somewhere that they might get bottlenecked by the internet providers themselves tomorrow particularly in Merseyside with everyone in a similar location watching the derby.
Correct, aws provide most of Netflix's backend services except for CDN distribution! Netflix felt that was a key part of their business that they had to get right. AWS's own cloudfront cdn isn't that great imo, most of the broadcasters use akamai

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Where are you getting this option from ? I'm only seeing the option to turn on subtitles.
Options > Audio & Commentary > click English & it should pop up with 2 options. The one you want is Stadium FX.

stubie

Sure its normal for people outside the U.K, but its such a weird experience to be able to switch back and forth between games...
it’s only like Sky having 2 games on the last day

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Is that only in the palace Bournemouth game?
Before you select the stream at the top you should see three sub menus. Broadcast & Bonus content - Subtitles - Audio Languages
Select audio and tick stadium atmosphere, go back and then load the stream.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Before you select the stream at the top you should see three sub menus. Broadcast & Bonus content - Subtitles - Audio Languages
Select audio and tick stadium atmosphere, go back and then load the stream.
You are watching on the computer or through the tv app on fire stick? Because for me, it's not possible to change the audio before selecting the match, watching through the fire stick.

LVGSdive

I have had no issues so far. Watched on my phone on 4G and on my laptop via WiFi. The only issue is the games have had a lack of goal bound action.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Poor De Bruyne. He tries so hard to grow facial hair and it always looks like he glued some pubes to his face.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Otamendi is shit, but Wood is a massive shithouse. Shithouse Vs shithouse pretty much, who can be the bigger wanker.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
City look very ordinary

Also thought the Palace red was a bit unlucky... I get why he's given it, but feels a bit harsh.

fps

“On prime time.” I don’t know would this have higher viewership on prime or on sky?

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I’ve tried my Virgin Box, Amazon stick and iPhone App and it’s good so far.

I’m not fully convinced by the stream quality on the TV though, it’s HD but it’s lacking something, I can’t quite put my finger on it - maybe it’s the frame-rate? the quality was however top-notch on my iPad and iPhone.

I like the “X-Ray” options of in-game highlights and live statistics etc. (wasn't available on the Virgin Media box though)

I also noticed the stream was around 40-60 seconds behind real-time as I set goal alerts on my phone to test and every time I got the alert around a minute earlier.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I really don't understand how Walker is a part of this man city team, always looks about 20 levels lower than everyone else in the side

Zoo

Watching it via the built-in app on Virgin. For a live stream it’s great quality though a bit sharp on the eyes.

Signed up for the 30 day trial hoping I’d also be able to watch the Sopranos again but annoyingly it’s not on there.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Watching the City game on my Android phone due to being at Work and it's the best stream I've encountered for quality. But it's early days yet.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Mine has been perfect. Zero buffering so far. Are you watching through the fire stick?
No I’m on tv app. Had no problems for first half of palace game but city game has looped back on itself about 6 times during this half.

predator

Youth NITK
I'm watching it in a hotel, on my ps4, connected via my phones mobile hotspot and it has been absolutely fine. The picture is great.

TsuWave

Quality stream. Watching it on my PS4, no issues whatsoever.

Would love if amazon got a bigger package at some point (provided the prime subscription stays relatively the same cost wise)

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Stream is excellent. Loving the HDR picture.

Just put this on (city match), and looks fine - don’t see any difference between this and BT HD.

Whilst this is a trial, and we free - I’m not sure it’s in the best interests of the consumer to have three providers, as if you want everything then you need three subscriptions.

Having said that if it’s part of Prime, then great, I subscribe anyway and it’s fantastic value. Hopefully they have some decent pundits on at half time. Will there be adverts?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Forgot this was tonight too, got to thank the mrs's shopping addiction for getting me a solid football stream for this week. Can't wait to see who's in the studio at half time :drool:

LVGSdive

That looked like a penalty for a foul on Zaha to me. Looked like there was contact on Zahas shines. Jenas called it "great defending". I disagree.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
No I’m on tv app. Had no problems for first half of palace game but city game has looped back on itself about 6 times during this half.
I don't know how the tv app works as i'm using a fire stick, but is there a way to clear the cache/delete cookies?

Sometimes that can fix problems, but you might have to log in again if you try that.